• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 1st: SM64 - Satoshi and Nagetukesaru! A Touchdown of Friendship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash's Palpitoad didn't appear in the episode after it was captured. Pretty sure there's at least another example

Ah, so there's another one. :) I also mentioned Bulbasaur in my previous post. Regardless that isn't only the issue, since having a voiceless role or sharing a VA are also very plausible possibilities.

Unova was a different case because his team members rotated
Bulbasaur never rotated though, and yet it didn't appear in the episode after it was caught.

Last edited:

World Turtle

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Unsho Ishizuka: Principal Okido
Yudai Chiba: Ilima
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Chika Fujimura: Amamaiko
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Yuji Ueda: Zubat
Risa Shimizu: Eievui
Tsuguo Mogami: Kagetora
Toru Sakurai: Skull Gang Member
Soshiro Hori: Skull Gang Member
Madoka Asahina: Skull Gang Member

I don't see Lycanroc or Rowlet on here. So I wouldn't write Passimian off yet.

Personally, I hope Ash does catch Passimian. He's overdue for a capture and if Pokemon Switch/Gen 8 is coming out late 2018 we have less then 40 episodes left. I rather see him with his full team sooner rather then later.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Gen VIII most likely isn't coming this year. We'll be in March tomorrow, and Zeraora still hasn't been officially revealed yet. Unless Zeraora is literally revealed next month and Gen VIII immediately after that, there won't be enough time to hype up the new generation. And besides, given it's Pokemon on the hottest and best selling console on the planet right now, they're going to want the whole year to hype it up, not just a paltry few months like with BW, for example.

As for your point about Passimian, consider this. The two VA's listed for Passimian are Yuji Ueda and Kenta Miyake. Ueda is voicing what I'm assuming is Wrap's Zubat in this episode, while Miyake also voices Turtonator. I think if Passimian was getting caught, it would be on the VA list instead of those two, since Ash's Pokemon > everyone else's Pokemon. Or at least, for sure it would be on the list over the Zubat. With that being said, a capture is still possible, just if it does happen, Passimian's most likely not in this episode.

Lycanroc's not in the list, because Nakagawa voices Kukui as well, and Kukui overrides Lycanroc in importance. And it just looks like Rowlet's not in this episode at all (or at least, not speaking).

Last edited:

World Turtle

A game titled 'Pokemon RPG' was listed on a survey for upcoming Nintendo games on the Switch within the next 12 months. So till official word is given I have to at least consider the possibility.

Seriously, if that survey wasn't a thing I wouldn't even be thinking about Gen 8.

https://twitter.com/lipe_necrohunt/...com/2018/01/pokemon-rpg-switch-arriving-2018/

There was also an earnings report released from Nintendo that lists the Pokemon RPG as 2018 or Later.

So they're aiming for a 2018 release at the earliest.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It's a possibility, for sure.

Just an unlikely one IMO.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
About the whole gen VIII situation, honestly, while us fans now are starting to feel early 2019 as the most likely release period, unless and until Gamefreak, Nintendo or TPC publicly state that the game is coming out in 2019, a 2018 release absolutely cannot be ruled out. The most important thing regarding the whole "2018 or later" release date by Nintendo is that it was said during an investment meeting. Trolling fans is one thing, but no company would lie or troll investors, so there must be a reason it's still listed for "2018 or later". There definitely must be some level of confidence in having the game come out in 2018, with the later part acting as a safety net in case the game can't make it this year. If the game had no hope for a 2018 release at all, it would've just been listed as TBA, or 2019 straight up.

And seriously about that stupid yellow furry cat, while the obvious method is obviously revealing it first as the last gen VII Pokémon, and then announcing gen VIII, who's to say that it has to be the exact same? Gamefreak have been changing things up, so it's entirely possible that Zeraora might unveiled as a gen VII Pokémon, but has a feature or something that ties in with gen VIII. At this point, anything can happen.

Anyway, as for this episode, I personally don't think Ash is catching Passimian, even though I quite like the Pokémon, and think that it does suit Ash.

ShadowForce720

About the whole gen VIII situation, honestly, while us fans now are starting to feel early 2019 as the most likely release period, unless and until Gamefreak, Nintendo or TPC publicly state that the game is coming out in 2019, a 2018 release absolutely cannot be ruled out. The most important thing regarding the whole "2018 or later" release date by Nintendo is that it was said during an investment meeting. Trolling fans is one thing, but no company would lie or troll investors, so there must be a reason it's still listed for "2018 or later". There definitely must be some level of confidence in having the game come out in 2018, with the later part acting as a safety net in case the game can't make it this year. If the game had no hope for a 2018 release at all, it would've just been listed as TBA, or 2019 straight up.

And seriously about that stupid yellow furry cat, while the obvious method is obviously revealing it first as the last gen VII Pokémon, and then announcing gen VIII, who's to say that it has to be the exact same? Gamefreak have been changing things up, so it's entirely possible that Zeraora might unveiled as a gen VII Pokémon, but has a feature or something that ties in with gen VIII. At this point, anything can happen.

Anyway, as for this episode, I personally don't think Ash is catching Passimian, even though I quite like the Pokémon, and think that it does suit Ash.

Okay while I don't know about having a future that is in gen 8, and while I can understand people want to get news on gen 8, can people stop trying to take a gen 7 pokemon and calling a gen 8 pokemon, Zeraora was in the code of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon a main series pokemon game, it doesn't make any sense to have it there if it wasn't going to be obtainable in those games at some point, and before you try to bring up Eternal Flower Floette that is not the same because Eternal Flower Floette is just a new form of an existing pokemon, while Zeraora is just a completely new pokemon.

Calling Zeraora a gen 8 pokemon would be like calling Volcanion a gen 7 pokemon, in that just like how Volcanion is not gen 7 pokemon but a gen 6 pokemon, Zeraora is a gen 7 pokemon and not a gen 8 pokemon. So it wouldn't make sense to announce the gen 8 games and then reveal the last gen 7 pokemon because that would only confuse people, plus when the gen 8 games get revealed people are going to want and expect the pokemon that the new pokemon that get revealed afterwards are going to be for gen 8 and not 7, so it would be disappointing if the first pokemon that gets revealed after the gen 8 games are revealed is a gen 7 pokemon, I mean that would basically be like say if after Sun and Moon got revealed if then Volcanion the last gen 6 pokemon got revealed afterwards.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Okay while I don't know about having a future that is in gen 8, and while I can understand people want to get news on gen 8, can people stop trying to take a gen 7 pokemon and calling a gen 8 pokemon, Zeraora was in the code of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon a main series pokemon game, it doesn't make any sense to have it there if it wasn't going to be obtainable in those games at some point, and before you try to bring up Eternal Flower Floette that is not the same because Eternal Flower Floette is just a new form of an existing pokemon, while Zeraora is just a completely new pokemon.

Calling Zeraora a gen 8 pokemon would be like calling Volcanion a gen 7 pokemon, in that just like how Volcanion is not gen 7 pokemon but a gen 6 pokemon, Zeraora is a gen 7 pokemon and not a gen 8 pokemon. So it wouldn't make sense to announce the gen 8 games and then reveal the last gen 7 pokemon because that would only confuse people, plus when the gen 8 games get revealed people are going to want and expect the pokemon that the new pokemon that get revealed afterwards are going to be for gen 8 and not 7, so it would be disappointing if the first pokemon that gets revealed after the gen 8 games are revealed is a gen 7 pokemon, I mean that would basically be like say if after Sun and Moon got revealed if then Volcanion the last gen 6 pokemon got revealed afterwards.

Seriously, did you even read? I never said Zeraora is a gen 8 Pokémon. I did say that it is definitely a gen 7 Pokémon, and definitely will be revealed as a gen 7 Pokémon, but, it's possible that it could have a feature that makes it more relevant and ties it to gen 8.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Seriously, did you even read? I never said Zeraora is a gen 8 Pokémon. I did say that it is definitely a gen 7 Pokémon, and definitely will be revealed as a gen 7 Pokémon, but, it's possible that it could have a feature that makes it more relevant and ties it to gen 8.

Not all mythicals have to have a gimmick.

ShadowForce720

yeah I did read it, sorry, I misread VII as 8, my mistake.

Last edited:

AssualtVestPyukumuku

Yeah, I'm going to say no capture (as much as it disappoints me). I'm honestly thinking Jangmo-o has a chance again if Poni comes up again. I just hope we get his 5th mon soon. More interested in team changes than the UG arc atm

ShadowForce720

Yeah, I'm going to say no capture (as much as it disappoints me). I'm honestly thinking Jangmo-o has a chance again if Poni comes up again. I just hope we get his 5th mon soon. More interested in team changes than the UG arc atm

One thing I notice is that they seemed to be moving around and shifting the focus from Ash's Alolan team to it's current 4 members so far, from the majority of the focus focusing on Pikachu, and then shifting to Rockruff, and then once Rockruff evolved into Lycanroc it started to shift to Litten which has now resulted in Litten evolving into Torracat, so theoretically the focus should be shifting over to Rowlet now, and it's possible that if Rowlet is going to evolve into Dartrix that they might have Rowlet evolve into Dartrix before Ash gets his 4th capture and then shift the focus to his 4th capture.

Of course it's possible that Rowlet could evolve into Dartrix after Ash gets his 4th capture, but from the way things are going it seems like Rowlet might evolve into Dartrix before Ash gets his 4th capture, which if that is the case then I don't think they will be pushing Rowlet's evolution off very long, in fact it would probably evolve relatively soon like within the next few episodes, so that they could then have Ash get his 4th capture and focus on it.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I don't care if Ash catches Passimian or not. Just let the classmates do something worth noting in this episode. I'm tired of everyone showing up and are there just to observe the situation. Keep it to 1-2 classmates at least like Lillie reads a lot on Pokémon and will know how the Passimian behave or something cool like that.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Probably just the coconut that all Passimian have. I wouldn't read too much into it. The ?'s have meant absolutely nothing in the past several previews.

Status
Not open for further replies.