• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 1st: SM64 - Satoshi and Nagetukesaru! A Touchdown of Friendship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyDiglett

Actually, I saw Passimian as a suitable Pokémon for Ash right from the very beginning of SM. It could already be a powerhouse. And Ash has caught standalone Pokémon before:

Tauros
Lapras (released)
Snorlax (a standalone at that time)
Heracross
Torkoal
Hawlucha

I don’t know what to expect: a capture or just an episode about befriending a Pokémon. Personally, I don’t believe a capture is dependent on using Z-crystals even though they are an important thing this series. And since Hala is a recurring character, he can still give Ash a Fightinium Z.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I hope at least one classmate joins Ash in this situation. Mallow likes butting in, let's her in here.

I'd rather see Lilie join Satoshi on his little adventure with the Nagetukesaru, because the thought of her being involved in a possible sports related subplot just makes me smile.

I wouldn't be opposed to Ash getting Passimian, as I doubt Poipole will stick around.

Feels like it would fit in well with the rest of Ash's team.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I can see Ash capturing the one Passimian ending up as the boss of the gang. Most likely one of them sticks out, Ash helps him, they bond, the one Passimian then gets the boss of the group but decides to travel with Ash to get stronger.

I like Passimian and it actually could fit very well to Ash's team.

Vipsoccermaster

I can see Ash capturing the one Passimian ending up as the boss of the gang. Most likely one of them sticks out, Ash helps him, they bond, the one Passimian then gets the boss of the group but decides to travel with Ash to get stronger.

Wouldn't be the first time it happened. I remember a similar case for Tailow. A flock of Tailow and the one Ash caught was the boss of the Tailow flock.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

I can see something like this happening and I agree on how well it'll fit on Ash's team

ShadowForce720

Wouldn't be the first time it happened. I remember a similar case for Tailow. A flock of Tailow and the one Ash caught was the boss of the Tailow flock.

While it is possible at the same time right now given the current summary for the episode it, seems to be more of a case where Ash is helping out and bonding with a whole group of Passimian instead of one particular Passimian, where usually if it's a situation where Ash or another main character is going to capture the pokemon it tends to focus on a particular individual from the group instead of the whole group, for instance even with the case of Taillow if you look at it they specifically had it separate itself from the others because it wanted to beat Pikachu, where as in the case of Passimian it seems more like the episode is going to be focusing on Ash helping out the whole group of Passimian instead of one particular one. Also there have been cases where Ash bonded with a pokemon and didn't catch it for instance the Shiny Phantump from a episode of Pokemon XY&Z comes to mind where it was a different color from the other Phantump, Ash helped it out, and then on top of that it had wanting to see the outside world as a reason why it could have joined Ash and yet it didn't result in a capture.

Until we get a summary that specifically talks about Ash bonding with one particular Passimian or we get a preview that suggest it or the episode actually comes out I'm going to assume that this is probably not a capture episode as it's probably going to be focusing on Ash bonding and helping a group of Passimian instead of just one particular Passimian.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, maybe the anime will make me care about Passimian cuz the games sure didn't.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
People who stuck with Moon/Ultra Moon didn't even get the chance at catching it.

I got S and US though and still couldn't care tbh, the games didn't hook me too him I guess. Honestly right when a pokemon is released, even just by looks I can usually tell if I'm gonna like it or not and then there are some pokemon that change my mind once I see them in game as well.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary. Bit more details about exactly what's going on:

Satoshi and Pikachu are shopping at the marketplace when they meet a group of Nagetukesaru that are fighting over something. It appears there was a fight going on between the Nagetukesaru from Akala Island and the Nagetukesaru from Melemele Island over who gets to be boss, and that the ones from Melemele Island lost. When Satoshi looks at the losing Melemele Island Nagetukesaru, he decides to help them.

Red and Blue

Well the summary emphasized on helping the group and not a particular individual. I don't see a capture.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Satoshi and Pikachu are shopping at the marketplace when they meet a group of Nagetukesaru that are fighting over something. It appears there was a fight going on between the Nagetukesaru from Akala Island and the Nagetukesaru from Melemele Island over who gets to be boss, and that the ones from Melemele Island lost. When Satoshi looks at the losing Melemele Island Nagetukesaru, he decides to help them.
I see it now: Ash decides to help the Passmian of Melemele Island train so they can challenge the Passimian of Akala Island to a rematch. Either that, or—and this is probably more likely—Ash decides to find a way to get the two groups of Passimian to get along, so there are no winners or losers. Yep, I'm calling it now—one of those two scenarios are going to happen in this episode. :p

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
No Ash, don't inserted yourself in a gang war!!
I see it now: Ash decides to help the Passmian of Melemele Island train so they can challenge the Passimian of Akala Island to a rematch. Either that, or—and this is probably more likely—Ash decides to find a way to get the two groups of Passimian to get along, so there are no winners or losers. Yep, I'm calling it now—one of those two scenarios are going to happen in this episode. :p
I'm going for the latter scenario. The rematch won't solve much... actually, it'll just complicate things.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Technically Ash could capture the entire Troop from Melemele Island.

Yes, but you honestly have to admit that, Ash catching the entire Troop from Melemele Island isn't that likely, heck the chances of that actually happening are slim. So it's more likely that this isn't a capture episode since he's bonding with the whole group, and while catching the entire Troop from Melemele Island isn't impossible it's extremely unlikey.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Am I the only one curious how a gang Passimian from Akala got to Melemele lol??

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
This sounds more like it's gonna go the whole "Mighty Ducks" route where Ash's unorthodox training methods help the Melemele Passimian beat the Akala Passimian in a rematch. And while I'm not ruling out a capture - it could be another Taillow situation where Ash captures the leader of the Melemele group -, I do feel it's unlikely since he's bonding with the whole group

Status
Not open for further replies.