• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 1st: SM64 - Satoshi and Nagetukesaru! A Touchdown of Friendship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Yep, looks pointless...but fun.

*insert "blackface" joke here*

Though I never expected Ash to dress up as a Pokemon to take its place XD

Also, I just love the look on Lana's face. She's about had enough of this *beep* ("We put the Ultra-Guardian & Ultra-Beast story on hold for THIS?")

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Just stupid how Ash has to get involved in this game himself. Why can't he help from the side and just support them? Him helping doesn't mean he has to play football.... are they aiming to have Ash play every ****ing sport on earth by the end of this? Pingpong's next and he's done baseball and sledding

Looks just like a filler as expected, I do hope my boy Hau owns one of these if he debuts someday. I love Passimian, but it would feel completely pointless for Ash to have even if it did happen. No more z-crystals swapsies, except for the obvious Dark-Incineroarnium one which would Nanu doing it and not a Tapu, so it'd be different. Bulu randomly showing up and turning Electrium into Fightnium would just feel stale, they can always have Ash earn Steelium from Togedemaru instead. I'd love for Bulu to do something different from the other two Tapu we've seen, not just copy everything they did.

Weird, to me this preview basically confirmed that it is not happening.

Yeah, same here.

Remember that he also bonded quite well with a certain Phantump and how fruitful that bonding was? Yeah. This is not going to happen.

Also ^^^

Zariful

Ash and Passimian are so cute. Would be nice symmetry if Passimian offered a berry to ash at the end as a symbol of wanting o chill with him

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I don't get why Ash has to participate in this though. I mean being a coach or something would have been way better imo instead of entering himself in the game.
As I recall, one of the summaries mentioned that Ash's first attempt at helping the Passimian didn't go over well. My guess is he tries to first help them as a human, but when that fails, he decides to dress up as a Passimian in hopes that they might be more accepting of his help if he looks like one of them. Dressing up as a Passimian could also be part of his efforts to bond with them.

Gotta love how confident you guys are. Remember the time that confidence bit you in the as* during Kalos League? ^_^

I think a capture is definitely possible, but I'm not going to act like an outcome is 100% determined.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Gotta love how confident you guys are. Remember the time that confidence bit you in the as* during Kalos League? ^_^

I think a capture is definitely possible, but I'm not going to act like an outcome is 100% determined.

Uh, but no one is saying that a capture is confirmed though? Rather people are arguing that a capture most probably won't happen here.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

Agreeing with 345ash-greninja here. No one who's hoping for a capture is saying its happening (it's like that for the opposite side). Gotta love how all of you are insisting on the opposite because of past series and your own predictions, right?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

But most people here are ruling out a capture, not predicting a capture. And if we go by patterns, then I can see why most people are ruling out a capture. How often does Ash catch a Pokémon when he bonds with an entire group of them?

Personally, I'm on the fence. A part of me has doubts about Ash catching Passimian, but those doubts have nothing to do with the fact that he is bonding with a troop of Passimian in this episode. Rather, those doubts are rooted in the fact that the chances of Ash acquiring Fightnium Z at this point at slim to none, and I think the writers are more likely to give him a Pokémon with whom he can use a Z-Move other than Breakneck Blitz. (I know he has Torracat and no Firium Z, but there's still a chance Torracat will evolve into Incineroar, even though Malicious Moonsault has already been shown.)

On the other hand, another part of me believes Passimian would be a good fit for Ash's team. Also, there has been at least one instance in the past of Ash working with a group of Pokémon and catching one of them—Squirtle. Granted, he didn't bond with the Squirtle Squad the way the summary for this episode makes it seem he will bond with the Passimian troop, but he still caught the leader of the Squirtle Squad in the end.

Henry's Journey

Looks like a filler, oh well I hope it's entertaining at least. Looking forward to the debut of Ilima then.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Can't Ash just bond with a Pokémon like he always does? Iris did the same with a Deino one episode and Ash with one of the Wimpod.

Ash as a Passimian is so adorable!! Pikachu's in the mood too. I bet he was inspired by one. It wouldn't be hard to say he got clued in on the situation before he went to school and bonded with the Melemele Island Passimian.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Just because Ash bonds with a Pokemon does not mean that it wil be caught.

It's like Larvitar from the Johto series. He followed Ash and friends around, but he never really became 'his'. I think this also happened with Phanpy. ;231; ;246;

Last edited:

Red and Blue

It's like Larvitar from the Johto series. He followed Ash and friends around, but he never really became 'his'. I think this also happened with Phanpy. ;231; ;246;

Unlike Larvitar Ash actually officially caught Phanphy. And even evolved it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Can't Ash just bond with a Pokémon like he always does? Iris did the same with a Deino one episode and Ash with one of the Wimpod.

Ash as a Passimian is so adorable!! Pikachu's in the mood too. I bet he was inspired by one. It wouldn't be hard to say he got clued in on the situation before he went to school and bonded with the Melemele Island Passimian.

"Yeah, let's not give the Dragon - type Trainer the other dragon from her generation. This is a good idea." -Anime executives

I don't see Ash catching Passimian though, due to reasons involving Fightinium-Z as has been previously discussed.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
"Yeah, let's not give the Dragon - type Trainer the other dragon from her generation. This is a good idea." -Anime executives.
"Rather, lets just give her a fully evolved and nearly OP old gen Dragon type instead, which we didn't even do for Satoshi yet". - Anime executives

Sorry, had to post this.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
"Rather, lets just give her a fully evolved and nearly OP old gen Dragon type instead, which we didn't even do for Satoshi yet". - Anime executives

Sorry, had to post this.

Well its not like the Poke Girls are dependent on how Ash is written. Dawn made it to the finals of her goal 2 generations before Ash did.

DatsRight

Ash has officially inherited Iris' Tarzan reflexes. XD

"I'm gonna be a MON-KEY!
MONKEY, MONKEY, MON-KEY!
MONKEY, MONKEY, MON-KEY!
MONKEY, MONKEY, MON-KEY!"

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The preview doesn't look too bad even though the episode is definitely going to be a filler. I liked to see how Ash is even trying to bond with the Passimian just to help them but the short appearance of Officer Jenny probably means she might have to do something with the Passimian and might tell the classmates that the Passimian sometimes has matches with Passimian from Akala.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Just realized that, based on the first synopsis we got, Ash is going to the marketplace where the old lady could potentially see Torracat

I hope Ash meets the fruit stall owner and shows her his newly evolved Torracat. Given how fond she is of Litten, she will probably be thrilled to see that it has evolved. Besides, we haven't seen the fruit stall owner in ages. One thing I like about SM is that Ash being stationary means we can see the background characters more than once (rather than a bunch of one-off CotDs whom we'll never see again); it would be nice to see some of those background characters return.

Status
Not open for further replies.