• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 20: XY020 - The Battle Chateau Challenge! Viola VS Grant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

KKS-Lapras

Yes,but they'll always be there...

You're right, they're the main characters, and whether you, and many others, like it or not, they will get a decent bulk of the screen-time. Some of you need to accept that the show you watch, and spend so much time nit-picking, is about those two at the core.

Supersonicbro

So I guess when ever pikachu battles, people will complain. It is not as bad as you all are making it. Pikachu had barely a battle in the snorlax episode, froakie was the focus of the one before that, and before that it was focused on dedenne and the pichu, I can keep going but I won't.

This is pikachus first actual battle after the gym. They have been very even with the treatment of the other characters and their pokemon. Pikachu has first priority because it's not only the main characters pokemon, but it IS a main character. Get over it.

KKS-Lapras

So I guess when ever pikachu battles, people will complain. It is not as bad as you all are making it. Pikachu had barely a battle in the snorlax episode, froakie was the focus of the one before that, and before that it was focused on dedenne and the pichu, I can keep going but I won't.

This is pikachus first actual battle after the gym. They have been very even with the treatment of the other characters and their pokemon. Pikachu has first priority because it's not only the main characters pokemon, but it IS a main character. Get over it.

It's not even worth it to try man, even if Pikachu sat out every battle the rest of this saga, somehow, he'd be a screen-hog to someone in these forums. I for one don't mind it, because it's the natural go to for Ash when he tries something new, it really shouldn't ever bring about as much complaining as it does.

nuzamaki90

The constant Pikachu berating is staggeringly annoying. It's Ash's main Pokemon, his starter, he's going to use it a lot, get the hell over it.

Plus Pikachu wasn't the only one of Ash's Pokemon shown to be here. There were a total of three battles shown off in the preview, and that's not counting the supposed finals (which I'm guessing is against Pharrel). Froakie was shown alongside Ash too, so it's likely Ash will use both Froakie and Pikachu, just Pikachu will have the better battle, sparking Grant's interest. The conversation with him and Ash happened at sunset, which means there has to have been a battle or two occurring after Ash VS Tesla.

I wish people would stop spamming the thread with how much they dislike the fact that Pikachu battles, even though at the moment he's had only one more battle than Froakie has in the saga, and actually focus on the episode of the thread.

Last edited:

diakyu

I totally called that it wasn't Ash's Fletching evolving along with some few others. Not angry one bit. Pikachu's a main character and at least Froakie and Fletchling (or I think it's his Fletchling) make it in the episode.

Supersonicbro

EDIT: By the way, anyone else notice that Ash isn't wearing the cape when fighting Fletchling? Maybe he has to earn it by defeating that guy first and then will go on to battle someone else, perhaps the Fletchinder trainer. Due to Grant complimenting his Pikachu I assume that he either uses Pikachu in the later battle as well or uses Fletchling and loses. OR the Grant scene happens earlier, between beating Fletchling trainer and getting the white cape.

That was a good observation, I feel like that might be the case, in game we did kinda have to have proof of being a good trainer to get the first title, maybe they will do that here with a battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So the Fletchling hat kid has a Fletchling after all and it looks like he's got a big brother who owns Fletchinder. I'm somehow not surprised. I did predict that the Fletchinder might've belonged to someone else but as always, my idea was scoffed at.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Even if I was disapointed to see Pikachu get the battles here, I must admit, how Pikachu uses Iron Tail against Fletchling is awfully nice. Fletchinder looks awesome, too. I'm looking forward to some great matches here. :)
But omg do Viola and Grant look fabulous in the last pictures! Wow, I want an avatar of Viola with her ponytail soon! :D

Grey Wind

I'm disappointed that Fletchling isn't evolving here (would have made sense what with the two bird people), but it doesn't really bother me that much. We know it's evolving soon, so I don't really care if they debut Fletchinder beforehand. I'm just excited to see Dusknoir again.

How do we know that Pikachu is the only one to battle? The preview only shows it battling Fletchling.

Squirtle_007

Everyone here are dissapointed to see Pikachu hogging the spotlight and I'm here dissapointed to see ASH hogging the spotlight (¬_¬), the more I watch the preview, the more I wish Battle Chateau was Serena's goal with facilities spread across Kalos with Serena going from Baroness to Great Duchess, but no, it was degraded to yet another Ash's one-time hobby

Grey Wind

Everyone here are dissapointed to see Pikachu hogging the spotlight and I'm here dissapointed to see ASH hogging the spotlight (¬_¬), the more I watch the preview, the more I wish Battle Chateau was Serena's goal with facilities spread across Kalos with Serena going from Baroness to Great Duchess, but no, it was degraded to yet another Ash's one-time hobby
I wish Clemont and Serena had at least participated along with Ash. Bunnelby and Fennekin could really use some battles/screen time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I don't mind Clemont and Serena not participating. I mean I would've liked to see Serena battle for once, but it was never that important to me. I'm not even that bothered about Pikachu's screen-time either; I mean it seemed obvious that he would battle given Grant's comment about Pikachu in one of the previous previews. That highly implied that Pikachu would have a big role at the Battle Chateau.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I could only buy Serena doing these if she actually showed an interest in becoming a better battler.

but sadly no, it looks like she will be watching on the sideline with clemont and bonnie.

Squirtle_007

I could only buy Serena doing these if she actually showed an interest in becoming a better battler.

Well, May didn't show an interest in becoming a better battler in the beginning of her journey and even a little while after her first contest and still has a competitive goal

Navin

MALDREAD
Even if I was disapointed to see Pikachu get the battles here, I must admit, how Pikachu uses Iron Tail against Fletchling is awfully nice. Fletchinder looks awesome, too. I'm looking forward to some great matches here. :)
But omg do Viola and Grant look fabulous in the last pictures! Wow, I want an avatar of Viola with her ponytail soon! :D

Viola and Grant look good together, I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.