• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 20: XY020 - The Battle Chateau Challenge! Viola VS Grant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
The most I think there will be are four battles. There seems to be only 4 competitors in the main tournament, being Pharrel, Ash, Nikola, and Tesla, so I think Ash and Tesla (younger bro
) are battling for the first time in the Chateau, so when Ash wins he gets his coat and goes up against Pharrel or Nikola. The tournament ends at sunset and since all three of the battles we saw happen during daylight, I think the final battle will happen just before or during sunset.

So it'll go like
-Viola VS Grant (opening ceremony)
-Pharrel VS Nikola
-Ash VS Tesla
-Ash VS Pharrel/Nikola

nah i think viola vs grant would be the main event in my case it might be the final battle.

PokeMaster366

I kind of wish that Dusknoir had been the Pokemon of the Day because as I've said many times, the writers are debuting new Pokemon too frequently and at this rate we'll have seen every non-Legendary Gen 6 Pokemon by like XY040 imo. I just hope the actual battles here are good. The Pikachu glorification will probably make Ash's battles predictable though.

I'm just hoping that Pikachu won't be starring in the 2nd Gym battle. Those are the big battles, and Grant's gym seems more like a place for Froakie to shine. It would be some kind of crazy if Fletchling was used at the gym and won against Amaura thanks to Steel Wing.

But now I'm getting sidetracked. It's been a good minute since Pikachu has been in serious combat. Froakie's taken a lot of the fights, focus, and beatings lately, so I'm okay with Pikachu getting battle time in this one. It would be nice if his Fletchling does learn something from the battles as well.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Ugh, I was hoping there wouldn't be an onslaught of battles in this episode, but there definitely is. Ash uses Pikachu in at least two battles, it looks like. Fighting a Fletchling isn't too exciting.

I just hope that the gym leader's battle is good. Looked like Onix was affected by blue bolts, which is probably ice, but it wasn't freezing. I want to see Surskit's ice battlefield technique but Onix is likely too big for it to work.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm just hoping that Pikachu won't be starring in the 2nd Gym battle. Those are the big battles, and Grant's gym seems more like a place for Froakie to shine. It would be some kind of crazy if Fletchling was used at the gym and won against Amaura thanks to Steel Wing.

I think Grant's Pikachu praise in this episode foreshadows that Pikachu will get a starring role at the Cyllage Gym and it wouldn't even surprise me at this point. I at least hope that Ash's Fletchling bonds with the Fletchinder from this episode and shows that it also wants to evolve. That would be nice foreshadowing for when it does in my opinion.

sheld999

there 2 guys one has a feltchlin and the other tonoflame they look like brothers... im guessing ash one might evo to its 2nd form in this ep and i think ash might get far a bit to impress grant or what ever the 2nd gym leader is called

Squirtle_007

I agree, the Ash and Pikachu bashing is extremely annoying. It seems Pikachu and Ash have to sit out every episode to get them happy, if Pikachu battles the trolls set their alarms and start the bashing in every thread, so freaking annoying, ugh.

You would think after 17 years people would know and accept this is Ash, Pikachu + others show. :rolleyes:

The bolded part has to be the saddest and most conformist sentence I ever read, it even made me sad :(

So, basically, you want people to give the middle finger to companions and other Pokémon and swoons over Ash and Pikachu.

OK

Last edited:

PokeMaster366

I think Grant's Pikachu praise in this episode foreshadows that Pikachu will get a starring role at the Cyllage Gym and it wouldn't even surprise me at this point. I at least hope that Ash's Fletchling bonds with the Fletchinder from this episode and shows that it also wants to evolve. That would be nice foreshadowing for when it does in my opinion.

idk. Pikachu already got a starring role in the Viola Gym Battle, and Froakie's been getting a lot of battle focus so far. Realistically, I could see both Pikachu and Froakie being used in the Grant gym while Fletchling is saved for Korrina. I want the Grant battle to go something like this:

Froakie vs. Amaura: Froakie substituted
Pikachu vs. Amaura: Pikachu wins
Pikachu vs. Tyrunt: Tyrunt wins
Froakie vs. Tyrunt: Froakie wins

Supersonicbro

The bolded part has to be the saddest and most conformist sentence I ever read, it even made me sad :(

So, basically, you want people to give the middle finger to companions and other Pokémon and swoons over Ash and Pikachu.

OK

I think what he meant was that Ash and Pikachu will ALWAYS be the main characters because so far they're the only constant thing. The other companions come and go.

Squirtle_007

I think what he meant was that Ash and Pikachu will ALWAYS be the main characters because so far they're the only constant thing. The other companions come and go.

And, because of that, companions should have more screentime (¬_¬), they come and go, Ash and Pikachu will be here forever unfortunately they don't have to be shoved in everybody's throat every single week screwing over his companions, which are, by far, WAY MORE interesting than him, asking people to settle down and never say anything bad about Ash and Pikachu is just ... well, something I can't say without being infracted

Squirtle_007

If people are gonna complain about Ash and Pikachu, knowing full well that they are gonna take the spotlight... Why are you still watching this show waiting for the unexpected that will never happen?

I knew someone will ask this :rolleyes:

Maybe this would surprise you, but there are people that actually watches the show because they OMG! like the companions, and here is another shocking unknown fact, they tends to enjoy things, peoples and Pokémon around Ash, without necessarily enjoying the eternal Chosen One hmself, astonishing, huh?

I didn't knew it was such a felony wanting a companion having a little screentime

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Instead of ganging up on someone and complaining about their personal preferences, how about if we focus on the episode at hand :)

k6666

Pikachu Fan
agree what everything squirtle said , i mean ash and pikachu gonna be on pokemon forever never be replace and he and pikachu gonna get reset every other saga and forget everything they learned :( sadly

back to the topic hope viola and grant battle is long and take at least 10 minute , and i hope onix didn't one shot surskit :(
and hope the other battle didn't rush like bw battle , but i can see it being rush tbh :(
off topic : i wonder what shipping they call for viola and grant since they look good together :3

PokeMaster366

agree what everything squirtle said , i mean ash and pikachu gonna be on pokemon forever never be replace and he and pikachu gonna get reset every other saga and forget everything they learned :( sadly

back to the topic hope viola and grant battle is long and take at least 10 minute , and i hope onix didn't one shot surskit :(
and hope the other battle didn't rush like bw battle , but i can see it being rush tbh :(
off topic : i wonder what shipping they call for viola and grant since they look good together :3

Just pray that the exhibition match doesn't end in a tie due to the timer.

KKS-Lapras

I knew someone will ask this :rolleyes:

Maybe this would surprise you, but there are people that actually watches the show because they OMG! like the companions, and here is another shocking unknown fact, they tends to enjoy things, peoples and Pokémon around Ash, without necessarily enjoying the eternal Chosen One hmself, astonishing, huh?

I didn't knew it was such a felony wanting a companion having a little screentime

On the flip side, some of us watch this, and have from the beginning, because we enjoy the story of Ash and Pikachu. You on the other side need to come to terms with the fact that they are the main characters, and that you can watch the show for the other characters, but those other characters aren't what the show was ever intended to focus on primarily. Every companion gets development in some form or another and develops throughout the series, so the issue of screen-time is really a moot point.

Back to this episode. The fact that Fletchling is going to be exposed to its evolution is interesting, I don't recall any of the other birds, barring maybe Pidgeotto, Noctowl of course doesn't count in consideration, being exposed to their evolution, and not evolving shortly their after, and the only example of that scenario that comes to mind is Pidove in BW.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
On the flip side, some of us watch this, and have from the beginning, because we enjoy the story of Ash and Pikachu. You on the other side need to come to terms with the fact that they are the main characters, and that you can watch the show for the other characters, but those other characters aren't what the show was ever intended to focus on primarily. Every companion gets development in some form or another and develops throughout the series, so the issue of screen-time is really a moot point.

Back to this episode. The fact that Fletchling is going to be exposed to its evolution is interesting, I don't recall any of the other birds, barring maybe Pidgeotto, Noctowl of course doesn't count in consideration, being exposed to their evolution, and not evolving shortly their after, and the only example of that scenario that comes to mind is Pidove in BW.

My point exactly, Fletchling seeing its evolved form, and getting defeated by it could make it want to evolve to beat its evolved form. And what you said to Squirtle is what I'm saying to him as well.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
My point exactly, Fletchling seeing its evolved form, and getting defeated by it could make it want to evolve to beat its evolved form. And what you said to Squirtle is what I'm saying to him as well.

Fletchling doesn't even have to fight Fletchinder. Staravia learned Aerial Ace from Reggie's Staraptor. It could be simply learning from its evolved form like Froakie did with Frogadier.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Status
Not open for further replies.