• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 20: XY020 - The Battle Chateau Challenge! Viola VS Grant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikachu. Infernape. Gliscor. Gible. Buizel.
I think it's a matter of opinion when it comes down to Gliscor and Buizul because once Buizel was caught he wasn't as impressive as he was in his debut and the only amazing thing I remember Gliscor doing was take down Paul's Drapion. I'm not saying they're not strong because they are, but I'd put them in the same rank as Staraptor.

dman_dustin

Why is the Battle Chateau episode about Fletchinder? Shouldn't it be about...the Battle Chateau? As much as I like Viola, I really want to see Grant curbstomp (Onix pretty much kills Surskit in the preview).

Well it isn't like Onix or Surskit should be the Broadcasting Data Pokemon (or whatever it is) and if Fletchinder actually does SHOW up it would make plenty sense WHY it would be Fletchinder.

On top of that, why can't this be like the Junior Cup in Unova?

Viola vs Grant being an opening ceremony battle, with Ash and others battling?

I don't really see the point in the Battle Chateau solely being about Viola vs Grant, and yet at the same time have all these strange characters like (Fletchling Cap Boy) in the episode as well, if it wasn't some kind of tournament of some kind.

Navin

MALDREAD
I think it's a matter of opinion when it comes down to Gliscor and Buizul because once Buizel was caught he wasn't as impressive as he was in his debut and the only amazing thing I remember Gliscor doing was take down Paul's Drapion. I'm not saying they're not strong because they are, but I'd put them in the same rank as Staraptor.

Even before its training, Gliscor went toe-to-toe with Paul's Torterra, his tank and strongest Pokemon, and had him panting. The same Drapion that trashed Staraptor lost to Gliscor. Buizel dropped off after a while but he at least defeated the Gastrodon that Staraptor failed to.

Even before its training, Gliscor went toe-to-toe with Paul's Torterra, his tank and strongest Pokemon, and had him panting. The same Drapion that trashed Staraptor lost to Gliscor. Buizel dropped off after a while but he at least defeated the Gastrodon that Staraptor failed to.

You're making it seem as if Gliscor is some powerhouse. Like I said, it was impressive that it defeated Drapion, other than that and its win against Byron, it's in the same league as the others in my book.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm still going with the theory that this is someone else's Fletchinder. I mean Ash isn't the only person in Kalos who owns a member of the Fletchling line so imo, it seems silly to assume that the Fletchinder has to belong to him and nobody else. If I'm wrong then so be it, but I'm not buying the hype.

dman_dustin

II mean Ash isn't the only person in Kalos who owns a member of the Fletchling line so imo, it seems silly to assume that the Fletchinder has to belong to him and nobody else.

To what end?

I mean sure if this a straight up Fletchinder, and not any kind of evolution episode, then sure, fine.

But if this is an evolution episode, to what end does it serve to watch someone else's Fletchling evolve, when Ash has a Fletchling?

Furthermore, even if this wasn't an evolution episode, what purpose would it serve to show that other people besides Ash has something of that particular evolutionary line? Why is it so necessary, to show that other trainers share Pokemon in common with our protagonists.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of giving the main characters certain Pokemon, they're going to be shoved down our throats either by being wild or belonging to someone else?

I mean it's one thing if said character isn't going to have the evolved form, and they are showcasing the evolved form, but do you really think Ash's Fletchling is going to remain unevolved? Is it going to die, or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still going with the theory that this is someone else's Fletchinder. I mean Ash isn't the only person in Kalos who owns a member of the Fletchling line so imo, it seems silly to assume that the Fletchinder has to belong to him and nobody else. If I'm wrong then so be it, but I'm not buying the hype.

You're right. It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

But, I'm expecting Fletchling to evolve around this time since it evolves pretty quickly.

Janovy

Banned
If this really is a tournament like Don Battles or Junior Cup, I hope Serena and Fennekin participate.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
This better be Ash's, because I'm sick of evos being there just to show off how awesome they could be in the anime.
Ash has a Fletchling, they know. Waiting is going to hurt the trend. Especially if it's a tournament style episode where Fletching (Ash) vs Fletchinder (COD), is more of showing off.

Dax

Legend
It would be a dream if Fletching evolves. If it doesn't, at least the species is debuting and that's always a good thing. I'm excited. I love me some flying types. :D

KKS-Lapras

It would be a dream if Fletching evolves. If it doesn't, at least the species is debuting and that's always a good thing. I'm excited. I love me some flying types. :D

The only possible good thing that could come from Fletchinder's debut, and it not being Ash's, is to see how Ash reacts to the Flying/Fire bird in action.

Lorde

Um, not sure what you're referring to.

I think he's referring to the time that Zekrom was the data broadcast Pokemon for a DA! episode and only appeared in said episode for like five seconds in a dream sequence.

I personally think that Fletchinder will be very relevant here though, regardless of who owns it. I doubt we're being misled this time.

KKS-Lapras

I think he's referring to the time that Zekrom was the data broadcast Pokemon for a DA! episode and only appeared in said episode for like five seconds in a dream sequence.

I personally think that Fletchinder will be very relevant here though, regardless of who owns it. I doubt we're being misled this time.

Oh, well, I agree. I don't see why Fletchinder would just be a minor throw in to the episode.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Personally I don't think Ash's Fletchling is evolving in this episode. I think Fletchinder is going to debut here but not as Ash's.

These arguments are making me nauseous. I can't believe it started over one post. (v.v)

Anyways, I like how Ash like Fletchling and Froakie watch the battles. Reminds me when Ash let Staravia watch Reggie's Staraptor battle. Oh Arceus, I did it again.

Lorde

Personally I don't think Ash's Fletchling is evolving in this episode. I think Fletchinder is going to debut here but not as Ash's.

I agree. I just don't think that Ash's Fletchling is the writers' priority to be frank. Regional bird Pokemon rarely are and I personally believe that Fletchinder will be owned by that orange hoodie kid or some other character at the Battle Chateau, if this is the Battle Chateau episode in the first place. If it's not, then Fletchinder might just be wild or something.

Dax

Legend
I had no idea Fletchling was so controversial. This bird is already getting so much attention it's ready to be the star of this show. He's the Miley Cyrus of pokemon, tbh.

I hope it evolves here to continue being scandalous.

Status
Not open for further replies.