• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 20: XY020 - The Battle Chateau Challenge! Viola VS Grant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The preview of Pokémon Get TV: http://youtu.be/vOTDl_PkkiA

Hoo boy, those brothers. Horrible designs. It's definitely the eyes. Please stick to anime eyes, animators. I don't want to have nightmares.

I actually cheered when I saw Onix on ice in the preview. I'm soooo happy that Viola is sticking with a strategic approach to the battle and I hope it leads to some funny Onix slipping on ice scenes. I'm liking Grant's look a lot more than his game model as well.

nuzamaki90

I can't believe I just now realized the lady who is shown giving Ash his clothing is the Maid Trainer from X&Y. She's even doing her signature bow in the preview.

That's pretty cool, along with Ace Trainer Ayaka and the Veteran in the opening, I don't remember the last time Trainer Classes debuted in the anime. I actually think this might be the first since OS (not counting Grunts). I wonder if the animators will continue to do this, because there are a lot of unique character designs in X&Y and it'd be a shame to have them end up like previous Trainer Classes.

I can't believe I just now realized the lady who is shown giving Ash his clothing is the Maid Trainer from X&Y. She's even doing her signature bow in the preview.

That's pretty cool, along with Ace Trainer Ayaka and the Veteran in the opening, I don't remember the last time Trainer Classes debuted in the anime. I actually think this might be the first since OS (not counting Grunts). I wonder if the animators will continue to do this, because there are a lot of unique character designs in X&Y and it'd be a shame to have them end up like previous Trainer Classes.

Yeah, it's quite surprising to see XY taking much more cues from the games compared to previous sagas. Not that it's bad news, obviously; it's well acceptable for me. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hoo boy, those brothers. Horrible designs. It's definitely the eyes. Please stick to anime eyes, animators. I don't want to have nightmares.

I actually cheered when I saw Onix on ice in the preview. I'm soooo happy that Viola is sticking with a strategic approach to the battle and I hope it leads to some funny Onix slipping on ice scenes. I'm liking Grant's look a lot more than his game model as well.

I don't really think their eyes are the problem. I mean sure they look cartoon-y, but the chubby brother's design overall just looks really weird to me. And I really doubt that Onix would slip on the ice. The ice field doesn't look big enough to cause Onix that much trouble, so it's hard for me to side with Viola on this one. I think her strategy is wasted here.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I'm liking Grant's look a lot more than his game model as well.

apparently there's nothing different with his design and the game, to me they're mostly the same.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
This is the preview of episode 20. Violet for Serena, blue for Ash.

???? said:
"Apparently the Battle Chateau is up ahead! They say strong Trainers gather and battle there and if you win, you'll be elevated to the peerage!
Battling strong Trainers, huh?
ring it on?
So, what's peerage?

Peerage is part of the British Nobiliary system. I have to find out from wikipedia because I didn't know it (I aren't a native English speaker)

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Peerage is part of the British Nobiliary system. I have to find out from wikipedia because I didn't know it (I aren't a native English speaker)

peerage must be the ranks the same with the xy games ( baron, viscount, marquis,duke,etc...)

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
K well I really didn't like fletchinder's design until seeing it animated --- way better
Viola vs grant (is that his name?) seems to be the headliner, and looks interesting to see surskit at it again!

This makes me wonder... [Thinking Ahead]
A) If Grant wins, should ash be losing to him aswell after he lost to viola, making it 2 failed gym challenges?
B) Will grant and ash have a 3-3 battle, so grant has tyrunt, amoura and onix, meanwhile ash has his 3?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
B) Will grant and ash have a 3-3 battle, so grant has tyrunt, amoura and onix, meanwhile ash has his 3?

not sure about this one, but its heavily implied that grant has 2 pokemon based on the upcoming scans.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Just a couple hours more. I'm so hyped for this.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This episode doesn't look that exciting to me. Hopefully I'm wrong.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm just disappointed that it doesn't seem like Serena or Clemont have any interest in joining this. Fennekin could have lost in the first round but at least it's something.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
K well I really didn't like fletchinder's design until seeing it animated --- way better
Viola vs grant (is that his name?) seems to be the headliner, and looks interesting to see surskit at it again!

I think the animators kinda ruined Fletchinder's design.Sugimori always does it better.

Can't wait to see Fletchinder in action. Wonder what moves besides Flame Charge will it know. Lets hope it doesn't just finish Dusknoir in one Flame Charge.

They don't specify the trainer class name but they do use the design from the game like Katie from Hoenn League.

I don't really think their eyes are the problem. I mean sure they look cartoon-y, but the chubby brother's design overall just looks really weird to me. And I really doubt that Onix would slip on the ice. The ice field doesn't look big enough to cause Onix that much trouble, so it's hard for me to side with Viola on this one. I think her strategy is wasted here.

I don't think Onix will even move. The ice might help Surskit in dodging though.

Status
Not open for further replies.