• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 22nd: PM2019 018 - Satoshi Joins In! The Pokémon World Championships!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Synopsis said Pisces is covering Lt. Surge's place as Gym Leader while Surge is away. I guess that, to cover a Gym Leader's place during an absence, you have to be at a similar level than said leader.

Forrest subbed Brock, Misty's sisters subbed Misty, TRio subbed Giovanni, Agatha subbed the Viridian Gym during its vacancy, Clembot subbed Clemont...

Egakor

I guess Pisces really is just a funny Poundland knockoff of Lt. Surge. Also I love me some Raichu (just like Pikachu) but for the love of all that's holy can we have a Raichu that isn't just a complete dickish show-off, it's so overdone and so predictable it's not even funny.
I remember there was a friendly Raichu in that camp arc in DP. I think both Ash & Pikachu got along with it.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Forrest subbed Brock, Misty's sisters subbed Misty, TRio subbed Giovanni, Agatha subbed the Viridian Gym during its vacancy, Clembot subbed Clemont...

Actually, Misty subbed for her sisters in the animé.. and replaced them when the group parted ways after Johto..

Sham

The Guardian of War
Actually, Misty subbed for her sisters in the animé.. and replaced them when the group parted ways after Johto..
I think they’re referring to the times Misty’s sisters took over the gym while she was in Alola and Pallet Town in AG.

IIRC Electrode is the fastest Kanto Pokemon. Hopefully we get to see its speed in this battle. Most of the times Ash's mons have the speed advantage. I wouldn't mind seeing Ash's team struggle against a faster opponent.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
RetroPokeFan said:
I guess Pisces really is just a funny Poundland knockoff of Lt. Surge.

I like their design more than I liked how Matis looked in the anime, personally. If they had any other Kanto Electric-type as their mascot Pokemon in place of Raichu, everything would be swell, but I suppose that the writer couldn't resist giving Raichu more screen-time.

dman_dustin

People learn from their mistakes.

...Sometimes.

...Or they forget 'em.

After all, it's been like, what, 2 hours since Ash last fought Surge?

Yes but during those two hours, Pikachu has learned Iron Tail and Electro Web.

Very different than say Thundershock/Thunder or agility or whatever moves it used in the previous fight.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cptnmac1 said:
I just hope that Pisces doesn't do something stupid and we actually get to see electrode battle outside of using self destruct or explosion

Why do people think that Pisces would do something like that? Considering that Pisces is basically meant to be Matis's second in command, I find it hard to believe that Pisces wouldn't know that Ghost-types are immune to Normal-type attacks.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why do people think that Pisces would do something like that? Considering that Pisces is basically meant to be Matis's second in command, I find it hard to believe that Pisces wouldn't know that Ghost-types are immune to Normal-type attacks.
Pretty sure everyone who’s mentioning that is joking. Don’t see why people keep taking it seriously

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
It doesn’t seem unrealistic to expect a drill sergeant character whose theme is based around warfare to have a bomb Pokémon use its grenade-inspired gimmick?

Red and Blue

It doesn’t seem unrealistic to expect a drill sergeant character whose theme is based around warfare to have a bomb Pokémon use its grenade-inspired gimmick?
But against a Pokemon it would have no effect on? It would only make sense if Electrode was up against Pikachu in the first round

Status
Not open for further replies.