• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 22nd: PM2019 018 - Satoshi Joins In! The Pokémon World Championships!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What are the chances of new opening sequences with Scorbunny evolving and leaving?

Konja7

Please don't let her use Explosion on Gengar and she ends up knocking herself out.

...Then again, she's number 1000 or the lowest rank, right.

The rank doesn't work in that way.

The Normal Class ranks 1000 onwards. The Normal Class has likely an indefinite number of people.

The person in the rank 1000 of Pokemon World Championship would have the best position in the Normal Class.

ShadowForce720

So, like, if he ascends to rank 500, the one at rank 500 is the top one despite there being a rank 101.

Basically here is the breakdown of the classes:

Normal Class: 1000 and below
Super Class: 100-999
Hyper Class: 9-99
Master Class: 1-8 (aka Top 8)

Also here is a breakdown of the highest rank you can be in each class before you move up to the next class:

Normal Class: 1000
Super Class: 100
Hyper Class: 9
Master Class: 1 (aka World Champion)

Konja7

...Tis be a strange ranking system. Like, why.
It works this way because it seems like anyone can sign up for the World Championship, but it's going to have to start at Normal Class (and probably at the bottom of it).

Normal Class has likely an indefinite amount of people (whose rank 1000 onwards).

It’s almost 1:1 to the actual games’ ranking system.

I always thought tiers in a numbered ranking system were stupid. The only difference between number 100 and number 99 is that number 100 didn’t rank up to the next tier. It just makes things confusing for no reason.
In the anime, the Master Class has a function, since the 8 members will have a tournament for the World Champion title at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Ash winning because she's an idiot would be funny, but I don't want Gengar's first win to be cheap.

In particular, I wouldn't look forward to the inevitable debates about whether Gangar deserved to win because of his opponent's error, or whether he could've won at all without that convenient scenario going on.

dman_dustin

In particular, I wouldn't look forward to the inevitable debates about whether Gangar deserved to win because of his opponent's error, or whether he could've won at all without that convenient scenario going on.

I would assume that Gengar about to use an ice punch on a very weakened Electrode that is obviously going to be knocked out then Pisces orders an explosion would be reasonable to assume Gengar could have won.

If only Ion Deluge could've played a role in this battle. Unfortunately no Kanto types can learn the move or anime only set it up (like Raichu for Electrode)

All that said, aftermath could be an issue.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I guess Pisces really is just a funny Poundland knockoff of Lt. Surge. Also I love me some Raichu (just like Pikachu) but for the love of all that's holy can we have a Raichu that isn't just a complete dickish show-off, it's so overdone and so predictable it's not even funny.
Considering the last time that trope was used was in early DP...over 10 years ago, yeah they probably don't care so I expect them to use it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Considering the last time that trope was used was in early DP...over 10 years ago, yeah they probably don't care so I expect them to use it.
Well, there was pancake girl's a.Raichu in SM

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
I just hope Pikachu don't nearly die again after Raichu
It only worked in the first time

I don't think that'll be a problem since the preview focused more attention to Gangar versus Marumine, which makes me think that that's the highlight of the whole episode and that Pikachu versus Raichu will be settled quickly, likely with Pikachu as the victor.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Honestly what I think will happen is this:

Pikachu vs Raichu: Pikachu
Pikachu vs Electrode: Electrode
Gengar vs Electrode: Gengar

to be honest i'm kind of tired of Pikachu beating it's evolution, sure we haven't see this match up since sinnoh but still.

this is what I kind of want to happen, but I don't care if i'm wrong.

Pikachu vs Raichu: Pikachu puts Raichu on the defensive, it either uses Volt Switch or gets withdrawn (After all who's to say these battles are contested under gym format rules)
Pikachu vs Electrode: Pikachu either barely wins or Electrode kamikaze's and takes them both out
Pikachu vs Raichu: if Pikachu is still up, it isn't for long.
Gengar vs Raichu: Gengar wins.

J. D. Guy

Just an aside on my part, but in the absence Lt. Surge, it's nice to see that his Gym representatives are living up to Surge's image, being macho buff bros. (And sister, too. Just got caught up on that part, so not sure.) These guys are some of the most distinctively muscular characters we've seen in the Anime in some time. Even Kukui, who was a freakin' wrestler who's casual wear was to go shirtless in an open, torso-exposing lab coat, tended to get downplayed in the physique department. Along with Bruno, Surge was the OG buff guy back in the day, so it's cool to see that referenced.

While a Surge rematch would have been awesome in its own right, having newcomers who are ignorant of Ash and Surge's history (or skewed as to what that history is) makes sense in its own way. It'll provide a nice bit of tension and drama that wouldn't really be doable with Surge. It'll add another layer of spice to this one-episode bought they're having.

I also concur that it is pretty sweet to see an Electrode do battle in a way that isn't just being a villainous mine. We've never had that before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.