• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 23rd: SM19 - Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I can't find Abareru kun anywhere! He wasn't even in the Pancake Race (but the taxi driver was!) I'm gonna assume that he'll appear in Mao chan's episode.

Abareru-Kun is a presenter on Pokenchi, the student battling Ash in this episode is played by Abareru-Kun and the characters appearance is based off the presenter himself, the magazine states that he looks familiar because of this, the character is new, he hasn't appeared before, but shares a resembles to Abareru-Kun.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Well, this looks like it could be a fun episode. I doubt Ash will defeat Tapu Koko here (no way is he defeating a guardian deity this early in the series), but he and his team may fare a little better than they did before. I expect this time, Pikachu will level half the forest, and not just a quarter of the forest. :p

In the games, the reason Tapu Koko gives you the sparkling stone is because it has a mission for you.

I suspect the anime will do something similar. Tapu Koko is probably training Ash for something.

That's what I think, as well. Tapu Koko probably has a mission for Ash and is testing his strenth and/or training him for that mission. Perhaps it senses the iimpending doom of the Ultra Beasts, and it heard through the legendary Pokémon grapevine that Ash is the Chosen One a good go-to Trainer for dealing with regional crises. :D

Thats only possible if Ash uses the Z-Move right away or Mudbray doesn't have the Stamina Ability.

Dephender's first post mentioned Stamina as Mudbray's Ability (or one of its Abilities), so I have a feeling this Mudbray might have Stamina. I, for one, would like to see this Ability in action. C'mon Mudbray, show everyone what a tank you are!

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well, this looks like it could be a fun episode. I doubt Ash will defeat Tapu Koko here (no way is he defeating a guardian deity this early in the series), but he and his team may fare a little better than they did before. I expect this time, Pikachu will level half the forest, and not just a quarter of the forest. :p
I expect Pikachu to push Tapu Koko hard this time.

That's what I think, as well. Tapu Koko probably has a mission for Ash and is testing his strenth and/or training him for that mission. Perhaps it senses the iimpending doom of the Ultra Beasts, and it heard through the legendary Pokémon grapevine that Ash is the Chosen One a good go-to Trainer for dealing with regional crises. :D
I think that battling Tapu Koko will be a practice/warm-up for Pikachu to later battle the UB's.

Dephender's first post mentioned Stamina as Mudbray's Ability (or one of its Abilities), so I have a feeling this Mudbray might have Stamina. I, for one, would like to see this Ability in action. C'mom Mudbray, show everyone whay a tank you are!
Doesn't the summary confirm that Rockruff will win with the Z-move?

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
I expect Pikachu to push Tapu Koko hard this time.

I think that battling Tapu Koko will be a practice/warm-up for Pikachu to later battler the UB's.

Doesn't the summary confirm that Rockruff will win with the Z-move?

it more or less used the same wording for a scan that talked about pikachu using gigavolt havoc on tapu koko ("finish it!"). unless they showcase mudbray's stamina ability (which could be bad for ash), i think ash will win.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
it more or less used the same wording for a scan that talked about pikachu using gigavolt havoc on tapu koko ("finish it!"). unless they showcase mudbray's stamina ability (which could be bad for ash), i think ash will win.

Pikachu finishing Tapu Koko with Z-move is unlikely so I think that it refers to Rockruff's Z-move. Plus one of the scans clearly shows Rockruff using Z-move on Mudbray.

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Pikachu finishing Tapu Koko with Z-move is unlikely so I think that it refers to Rockruff's Z-move. Plus one of the scan clearly shows Rockruff using Z-move on Mudbray.

i was talking about the battle from episode 2. a scan from a few months ago also said "finish it!" sorry if my wording was bad.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
i was talking about the battle from episode 2. a scan from a few months ago also said "finish it!" sorry if my wording was bad.

I see. But the summary says that 'claim victory in an instant with Z-move'. So I think Rockruff is quickly defeating Mudbray with its Z-move- it seems like a curbstomp.

I see. But the summary says that 'claim victory in an instant with Z-move'. So I think Rockruff is quickly defeating Mudbray with its Z-move- it seems like a curbstomp.

Yeah like "Kalos league victory" told us anything.

Tbh its most likely that the summary is commanding Ash to do that rather than actually saying what happens.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
So gym leaders aren't enough for Ash and he must now face legendary pokemon XD

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah like "Kalos league victory" told us anything.
Please don't remind me of my salt xD.
Tbh its most likely that the summary is commanding Ash to do that rather than actually saying what happens.

However this isn't a League which Ash always fails to win. And I doesn't seem like that. Seeing the summary and the scan, I think it implies that Rockruff absolutely stomps Mudbray with its Z-move.

Last edited:
Please don't remind me of my salt xD.

However this isn't a League which Ash always fails to win. And I doesn't seem like that. Seeing the summary and the scan, I think it implies that Rockruff absolutely stomped Mudbray with its Z-move.

The summary wouldn't tell us anything like that, mainly because of a thing called spoilers. Please explain why the summary is "definitely" saying Ash wins in one Z-move with Rockruff.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The summary wouldn't tell us anything like that, mainly because of a thing called spoilers. Please explain why the summary is "definitely" saying Ash wins in one Z-move with Rockruff.

The way it says 'claim victory in an instant with Z-move' and the scan shows Rockruff using Z-move on Mudbray. So I think that it's pretty much a confirmation.....unless you're going to bring up 'Kalos League Victory' and the Orange Shuriken here. Plus Rockruff winning isn't nearly important in the episode like Pikachu vs Tapu Koko, so the summary can spoil that.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Sort of silly that he is battling tapu koko again, he better only use Pikachu in the battle too as rockruff and rowlett shouldn't even stand a single puny chance what so ever. Pikachu at least has a chance the writers might put some of his continuity into him and let him win, but they also might not, depends on the moment there.

Right after the whole XYZ Legendary trainer Ash mumbo jumbo, they're fast forwarding right into it for SM with no holding back apparently. It's nice Aberukun is in the show, that's be funny if they do more character like that.

The way it says 'claim victory in an instant with Z-move' and the scan shows Rockruff using Z-move on Mudbray. So I think that it's pretty much a confirmation.....unless you're going to bring up 'Kalos League Victory' and the Orange Shuriken here.

Thing is, the Orange Shuriken is just what proves my point, and thus I have to bring it up. I'm not saying this means Ash still loses (although he might), I'm saying that this doesn't confirm anything. I don't want the battles to be extremely anticlimactic, which will happen if Ash just fires off a Z-move first thing and knocks out poor Mudbray.

Back to the Orange Shuriken, a thing the Pokemon company likes to do is mislead people down one speculation path by its leaks (like UB-01 and Lillie and the Orange Shuriken), so that when the time comes for us to actually see what happens, we will be very surprised. It's possible that this is the same.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Thing is, the Orange Shuriken is just what proves my point, and thus I have to bring it up. I'm not saying this means Ash still loses (although he might), I'm saying that this doesn't confirm anything. I don't want the battles to be extremely anticlimactic, which will happen if Ash just fires off a Z-move first thing and knocks out poor Mudbray.

Back to the Orange Shuriken, a thing the Pokemon company likes to do is mislead people down one speculation path by its leaks (like UB-01 and Lillie and the Orange Shuriken), so that when the time comes for us to actually see what happens, we will be very surprised. It's possible that this is the same.

But these isn't a League which Ash always fails to win, it's just a random battle Ash is having. Plus I edited my comment above- Rockruff vs Mudbray isn't an important part of the episode like Pikachu vs Tapu Koko, so the summary can spoil it.

But these isn't a League which Ash always fails to win, it's just a random battle Ash is having. Plus I edited my comment above- Rockruff vs Mudbray isn't an important part of the episode like Pikachu vs Tapu Koko, so the summary can spoil it.

Hang on... what you're saying there suggests that because this isn't a league, Ash will win no matter what. Yet he's already lost a battle this anime season, against Lillie's butler.

Also, Rockruff vs Mudbray could potentially be another episode. We've had no confirmation on that. And I don't see them smushing the two battles together in one episode, especially since this Tapu Koko battle is gonna be important. Just because a battle doesn't impact the main plot of the whole anime doesn't mean Ash is simply gonna breeze past it. It's likely he'll win, but not that easily.

And what's more, just because a battle isn't "important" doesn't mean that the summary is free to spoil it - have you ever seen an episode summary spoil a battle simply because it was "unimportant"? That's not how the anime works.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Unless Tapu Koko does something silly that does him in, Ash is not toppling him.

And if Ash really wins with no accidents, skill is basically all over the place this new gen if TR managed to beat the guy fair and square.

This is why Tapu Koko should win.

I've no problem with Ash beating Tapu Koko, further down the line where Ash can consistently get the upper hand against Mimikyu/Mareanie.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hang on... what you're saying there suggests that because this isn't a league, Ash will win no matter what. Yet he's already lost a battle this anime season, against Lillie's butler.
No, I'm just saying that the summary heavily implies that Rockruff will win and you can't just use XY&Z038 as an example because as this isn't something as important like a League Final, it's unlikely that the summary will be misleading like that.

Also, Rockruff vs Mudbray could potentially be another episode. We've had no confirmation on that. And I don't see them smushing the two battles together in one episode, especially since this Tapu Koko battle is gonna be important. Just because a battle doesn't impact the main plot of the whole anime doesn't mean Ash is simply gonna breeze past it. It's likely he'll win, but not that easily.
The Rockruff battle I think is in a similar episode, and why can't the two battles occur in the same episode, Rockruff can just crush Mudbray in minutes and the battle can be short lived.

And what's more, just because a battle isn't "important" doesn't mean that the summary is free to spoil it - have you ever seen an episode summary spoil a battle simply because it was "unimportant"? That's not how the anime works.
Yes I have seen. Hawlucha defeating Mega Absol was spoiled in the previews(the battle wasn't that important considering that it was confirmed way earlier that Ash vs Sawyer will happen in the semifinals).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.