• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 23rd: SM19 - Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
We don't have any indication of Rockruff's strength yet, so seeing a curb stomp isn't exactly on the table. The one thing you could say is that the Z-move used by Ash does tip the scale in his favour though.

No, I'm just saying that the summary heavily implies that Rockruff will win and you can't just use XY&Z038 as an example because as this isn't something as important like a League Final, it's unlikely that the summary will be misleading like that.

But it's a possibility. And that's enough to speculate about it.

The Rockruff battle I think is in a similar episode, and why can't the two battles occur in the same episode, Rockruff can just crush Mudbray in minutes and the battle can be short lived.

Why would everone bother to make such a big thing of this guy if the same guy was going to be crushed in a mere few minutes?

Yes I have seen. Hawlucha defeating Mega Absol was spoiled in the previews(the battle wasn't that important considering that it was confirmed way earlier that Ash vs Sawyer will happen in the semifinals).

See, that right there had a reason to be spoiled - everyone was fully aware of another battle confirmed. This battle has no reason to be spoiled.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
But it's a possibility. And that's enough to speculate about it.[
OK, fine.

Why would everone bother to make such a big thing of this guy if the same guy was going to be crushed in a mere few minutes?
Simple, creating false hype. In XY&Z034, the title implied that there was going to be an epic Mega Charizard-X vs Mega Charizard-Y showdown. And what happened? Mega Charizard-Y got destroyed in minutes. Similar in SM011. The preview made in seem like Ash and Kiawe are under a ferocious attack from Team Skull grunts. And what happened? Pikachu's Gigavolt Havoc obliterated the grunts in seconds.

See, that right there had a reason to be spoiled - everyone was fully aware of another battle confirmed. This battle has no reason to be spoiled.

The reason here could be that Rockruff vs Mudbray is just a random battle while Pikachu vs Tapu Koko is the more important battle which the episode will focus on.

Last edited:
Simple, creating false hype. In XY&Z035, the title implied that there was going to be an epic Mega Charizard-X vs Mega Charizard-Y showdown. And what happened? Mega Charizard-Y got destroyed in minutes. Similar in SM011. The preview made in seem like Ash and Kiawe are under a ferocious attack from Team Skull grunts. And what happened? Pikachu's Gigavolt Havoc obliterated the grunts in seconds.

I have a pretty simple reason for the Team Skull Grunts - they wanted to make the Z-move seem even more powerful. Making Team Skull seem like a threat beforehand was the best way to do that. The thing is with the hype around this new guy, he's getting lots of hype because of his voice actor. I think they'd let the guy get a decent amount of screentime so we could hear his lines.

The reason here could be that Rockruff vs Mudbray in just a random battle while Pikachu vs Tapu Koko is the more important battle which the episode will focus on.

I need to make a minor correction. I meant confirmed reason. At this point, this is still speculation.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Hiroki...is this the same guy from the Croagunk festival episode back in DP?

I don't know, sounds like a name that's cropped up somewhere within the last 940 episodes...

He's named Hiroki because Abareru-kun's real name is Hiroki Kobari.

Because it's a celebrity cameo?

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
While I think Rockruff will defeat Abareru kun's Mudbray and Ash had gotten stronger since the last time he battled Tapu Koko (but he won't beat him obviously and the Z Crystal won't break this time), the only thing that's confirmed by the summary is Rockruff is now Ash's and Ash will have a rematch with Tapu Koko, not to see if he can beat it but more like to see how much he's improved and why Tapu Koko is so interested in him.

I wonder if Mudbray is Abareru kun's favorite Alola Pokémon. The writers should really utilize the other features the Pokémon School offers like playing basketball, the slides, Tauros Racing, probably more that we've yet to see instead of just going to the beach. Maybe the forest is used mostly for catching Pokémon or running away from them.

satopi

It's obvious Mudbray is gonna make Rockruff run for its money a.k.a. become a tough opponent. Quite stupid to have the puppy curbstomp it without any tension or struggle in the battle.

ShadowForce720

This is just a thought and I don't fully expect it to actually happen but what if Hiroki winds up actually being one of Ash's main rivals in this series.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This is just a thought and I don't fully expect it to actually happen but what if Hiroki winds up actually being one of Ash's main rivals in this series.

One of the main rivals I can somewhat see, though I doubt he will ever be the main rival, seeing how his name isn't romanized to something that starts with "sh"

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

No, just no...... He doesn't look like rival material at all.
Besides, another character exists whose main is the horse line. I don't want two of them running around, I hate that Pokemon.

satopi

Nah, I think Abareru kun is just a COTD. There's way more students for Ash to battle at the Pokémon School.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Rockruff confirmed? Thank God. Also, it looks promising. It seems Litten won't be captured in that Trio episode :/

It's obvious Mudbray is gonna make Rockruff run for its money a.k.a. become a tough opponent. Quite stupid to have the puppy curbstomp it without any tension or struggle in the battle.

This is what I've been trying to say this whole time. What's the point of a battle if there's no suspense and the feature displayed had already been executed to show its power?

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Rematch with Tapu Koko? Synopsis that leans towards Ash getting Rockruff?

Sweet Arceus, yes. I need this episode now.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Is there no reason why it can't be a good battle that lasts a few minutes that ends with Rockruff winning?

Personally, I'm expecting Mudbray's Stamina ability to go into effect after a few Tackles and Bites from Rockruff, then Mudbray to gain the upper hand, and for Rockruff to ultimately win with Breakneck Blitz.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Is there no reason why it can't be a good battle that lasts a few minutes that ends with Rockruff winning?

Personally, I'm expecting Mudbray's Stamina ability to go into effect after a few Tackles and Bites from Rockruff, then Mudbray to gain the upper hand, and for Rockruff to ultimately win with Breakneck Blitz.

This is what I expect, as well. (After all, this is the perfect opportunity for Mudbray's Stamina ability to be shown off.) I don't expect this battle to last a very long time, but I don't think it will be a curbstomp, either. I expect a good battle (probably accompanied by some over-the-top voice acting by Abareru-kun) that will last a few minutes and, hopefully, be a satisfying show of both Rockruff's strength and Mudbray's strength.

Mike999246

I can already tell this'll be a great episode from the description, but if you look in the photo given about the Rockruff vs Mudbray battle, you can see that Mudbray seems to be dodging the puppy's Breakneck Blitz, or is it just me seeing that? I don't know who'll win this one, but I'm hoping for Rockruff to get this for its debut battle, but I'll be disappointed if it loses this one (though I have a feeling it will)

Pikachu vs Tapu Koko however, I'm 100% sure Pikachu will lose, if not, draw. So far, Pikachu has not lost once (unless you count the Trio and that damn Mimikyu which I have a strange feeling will somehow become the totem Pokemon), and considering that Koko is a guardian Pokemon, it'll undoubtedly be powerful. Seeing that Pikachu was able to take an attack from the Tapu in episode 2 (even if it was just Natures Madness), there is some hope in me that he'll win. I have a strange feeling however that this'll turn out like the first Greninja vs Mega Charizard fight, being -
-Koko and Pikachu battle
-Koko begins to decimate Pikachu
-Pikachu uses Gigavolt Havoc (it feels unlikely it'll use Breakneck Blitz)
-Pikachu does a huge amount of damage to the Tapu
-Pikachu and Tapu Koko battle, with Koko managing to win fairly easily

Maybe the guardian Pokemon will give Ash another Z Crystal afterwards? Possibly a Pikanium Z, but idk

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I can already tell this'll be a great episode from the description, but if you look in the photo given about the Rockruff vs Mudbray battle, you can see that Mudbray seems to be dodging the puppy's Breakneck Blitz, or is it just me seeing that? I don't know who'll win this one, but I'm hoping for Rockruff to get this for its debut battle, but I'll be disappointed if it loses this one (though I have a feeling it will)

It's kind of hard to tell if Mudbray is dodging Breakneck Blitz or not. I suppose that ambiguity just adds to the suspense? :D

Pikachu vs Tapu Koko however, I'm 100% sure Pikachu will lose, if not, draw. So far, Pikachu has not lost once (unless you count the Trio and that damn Mimikyu which I have a strange feeling will somehow become the totem Pokemon), and considering that Koko is a guardian Pokemon, it'll undoubtedly be powerful. Seeing that Pikachu was able to take an attack from the Tapu in episode 2 (even if it was just Natures Madness), there is some hope in me that he'll win. I have a strange feeling however that this'll turn out like the first Greninja vs Mega Charizard fight, being -
-Koko and Pikachu battle
-Koko begins to decimate Pikachu
-Pikachu uses Gigavolt Havoc (it feels unlikely it'll use Breakneck Blitz)
-Pikachu does a huge amount of damage to the Tapu
-Pikachu and Tapu Koko battle, with Koko managing to win fairly easily

Maybe the guardian Pokemon will give Ash another Z Crystal afterwards? Possibly a Pikanium Z, but idk

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say Pikachu will lose against Tapu Koko. (I highly doubt it will be a draw, and I think it's extremely unlikely Pikachu will win.) He may put up a good fight, but I don't think he will be able to defeat a guardian deity Pokémon. I'm not even sure Pikachu will deal a huge amount of damage to Tapu Koko. He may land a few hits, but he probably won't do a lot of damage.

IMHO, it feels a little early for Ash to be gifted another Z-Crystal. He has barely used the two he already has, and he has only completed one trial and one Grand Trial. I want to see him complete another trial or two before he gets Pikanium-Z. He should showcase Electrium-Z more before he replaces it with Pikanium-Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.