• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 23rd: SM19 - Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I expect Pikachu to land a few hits and do some damage to Tapu Koko, but I highly doubt he will seriously damage it or push it to its limits. We're talking about a guardian deity Pokémon, after all. IMO, it's too early in the series for anyone, even Ash and Gochu, to do serious damage to one of the guardian deities. That would undermine the Tapus' power.
I won't get my hopes too high then, but I really hope that Pikachu fights really well against Tapu Koko and I hope that Gigavolt Havoc does quite some damage unlike last time.

I'm going with "he cries in a corner." :p Honestly, I can't see what else the boy would do. I do like the idea of each of the Tapus having a goal for one of Ash's friends. As you said, it wouldn't feel as cliché as Ash being the Chosen One destined to save the world (as always). Lillie is getting Cosmog, no doubt.
Ash is the chosen one, and so Tapu Koko has an interest. Him- perhaps he will play a significant role in the Aether Foundation arc in saving the world and for this reason Tapu Koko has such an interest in him.
Yet he can't win a league. Ha ha.

This. Shame that the writers don't understand this. Chosen one, and yet not allowed to win a League, just so that the circle of the show can continue. Sigh!

I won't get my hopes too high then, but I really hope that Pikachu fights really well against Tapu Koko and I hope that Gigavolt Havoc does quite some damage unlike last time.

As is 100% likely to make a little more progress, but he almost certainly won't win against a legendary this early. So I kind of agree for once.

Ash is the chosen one, and so Tapu Koko has an interest. Him- perhaps he will play a significant role in the Aether Foundation arc in saving the world and for this reason Tapu Koko has such an interest in him.

Firstly, I need to mention now that I cringed at the sight of the phrase "the chosen one", and also Ash is less of a chosen one and more a kid who happened to see glory bird doing its casual rounds. Secondly, how would Ash not be involved in the Aether Foundation Arc? And of course Tapu Koko is going to probably be doing this to prep Ash for it - I'm just also hoping the other Tapus bother to to prep the other companions to do something as well.

This. Shame that the writers don't understand this. Chosen one, and yet not allowed to win a League, just so that the circle of the show can continue. Sigh!

This can be replied to very simply.

If Ash won a league, he might just be considered Gary Stu. Heck, he's only just brushing the line between Black Hole Stu and Gary Stu as it is becaus of this league mumbo-jumbo. Also, consider this: if Ash won, you wouldn't get to see his precious, handsome, inspirational face ever again in the anime. Would you be able to cope through that?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
As is 100% likely to make a little more progress, but he almost certainly won't win against a legendary this early. So I kind of agree for once.
Yes, Pikachu defeats legendaries at the end of the series, not so early.

Firstly, I need to mention now that I cringed at the sight of the phrase "the chosen one", and also Ash is less of a chosen one and more a kid who happened to see glory bird doing its casual rounds. Secondly, how would Ash not be involved in the Aether Foundation Arc? And of course Tapu Koko is going to probably be doing this to prep Ash for it - I'm just also hoping the other Tapus bother to to prep the other companions to do something as well.
I think Lillie is the companion who will play a very significant role in the Aether Foundation arc other than Ash. Ash will, as usually, play a very significant role in the Aether Foundation arc, and that is most probably the Tapu Koko has such an interest in Ash. It's like how Olympia made a premonition about the Ash-Greninja transformation which would play a significant role in the Team Flare arc- Alain's Mega Charizard-X and Ash's Pikachu also played a significant role along with Ash-Greninja there getting inside the core of the Megalith there, but Ash-Greninja was the one who sensed and marked Chespie's location in the Megalith. Regarding here Tapu Koko specially has an interest in Pikachu, so I believe that similarly Pikachu will play a very significant role in the Aether Foundation arc. Pikachu might do something significant like he did in the Team Plasma arc- with that huge Electro Ball.

This can be replied to very simply.

If Ash won a league, he might just be considered Gary Stu. Heck, he's only just brushing the line between Black Hole Stu and Gary Stu as it is becaus of this league mumbo-jumbo.
I completely disagree. Ash's character flaws has been always there and are always dealt with. He also has his fair share of losses in a region. But winning a League has been depicted as his primary goal in a region, and achieving his goal doesn't make him a Stu by any means. Especially after so many League losses and a long journey through 6 regions. It's high time that he wins one.
Also, consider this: if Ash won, you wouldn't get to see his precious, handsome, inspirational face ever again in the anime. Would you be able to cope through that?
I wouldn't mind that to be honest. I'd rather have him achieve his goal after so many years and end his story on a high, rather than constantly being portrayed as someone who always fails to achieve his goal.

But this particular arguement is off-topic, so I think that we should drop it.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I was half-joking when I called Ash "the Chosen One." Ash's apparent "Chosen One" status is more likely due to the boy's Chronic Hero Syndrome--he is just the kind of person who can't sit idly by and let villains do villainous things or let innocent Pokémon get injured. He also has a tendency to be in the right place at the right time (or the wrong place at the wrong time, depending on how you look at it).

Ash is going to be involved in the Aether Foundation arc, no doubt about that. However, one could argue it might not be because he is "the Chosen One," but instead, it might be because he is friends with Lillie, who is going to get roped into the Aether plot whether she likes it or not, simply because she is the daughter of the Aether Foundation president.

I like to imagine Tapu Koko's interest in Ash was triggered less by whatever it heard through the legendary Pokémon grapevine and more by Ash's personality and characteristics as a Trainer. Perhaps Tapu Koko sensed that Ash might be the kind of person who could aid in dealing with the crisis that is about to befall Alola, but it needs to test Ash first.

Regarding here Tapu Koko specially has an interest in Pikachu, so I believe that similarly Pikachu will play a very significant role in the Aether Foundation arc. Pikachu might do something significant like he did in the Team Plasma arc- with that huge Electro Ball.

Wait, what? Since when did Tapu Koko express an interest in Pikachu? Tapu Koko expressed an interest in Ash. It might have given Ash a Z-Ring that contained Electrium-Z, but that was only logical, since Pikachu is Ash's partner, and it doesn't take legendary Pokémon powers to figure out that Ash and Pikachu have a close bond.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Wait, what? Since when did Tapu Koko express an interest in Pikachu? Tapu Koko expressed an interest in Ash. It might have given Ash a Z-Ring that contained Electrium-Z, but that was only logical, since Pikachu is Ash's partner, and it doesn't take legendary Pokémon powers to figure out that Ash and Pikachu have a close bond.
Tapu Koko specially insisted Pikachu to battle it. It gave Ash a Z-crystal specially for Pikachu, plus in this episode we know that it's once again going to battle Pikachu. So obviously, it has some kind of an interest in Pikachu as well.

Tapu Koko specially insisted Pikachu to battle it. It gave Ash a Z-crystal specially for Pikachu, plus in this episode we know that it's once again going to battle Pikachu. So obviously, it has some kind of an interest in Pikachu as well.

It insisted Pikachu battle it since it was Ash's only Pokemon. Remember this was before Rowlet had been even seen in the anime.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It insisted Pikachu battle it since it was Ash's only Pokemon. Remember this was before Rowlet had been even seen in the anime.

In this episode, it will once again battle Pikachu, not any other Pokemon of Ash. Why?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Because Tapu Koko doesn't know Rowlet can use Breakneck Blitz.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
In this episode, it will once again battle Pikachu, not any other Pokemon of Ash. Why?

Because Ash probably chooses to battle with Pikachu and not with Rowlet or Rockruff. Besides, Pikachu is Ash's strongest Pokémon, and it's only logical that he would use his strongest Pokémon against a frickin' legendary.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Because Ash probably chooses to battle with Pikachu and not with Rowlet or Rockruff. Besides, Pikachu is Ash's strongest Pokémon, and it's only logical that he would use his strongest Pokémon against a frickin' legendary.

Or rather Tapu Koko wants to battle Pikachu? We will have to wait and see I guess.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It's constantly stalking Ash 24/7. How do we know he doesn't know?

Don't think Koko was around in episode 11...

Well, they're doing a lot of stuff off screen (like training) so wouldn't surprise me to see Koko learning of Rowlet being an all-star

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Or rather Tapu Koko wants to battle Pikachu? We will have to wait and see I guess.

There is absolutely no indication that Tapu Koko wants to battle Pikachu. The summary states that Ash re-challenges Tapu Koko. Besides, the last time Ash battled Tapu Koko, it was with Pikachu, and he is the kind of Trainer who would use the same Pokémon in a rematch, to give that Pokémon another chance. Also, as I mentioned in my previous post, Pikachu is currently his strongest Pokémon. Do you expect Ash to NOT use his strongest Pokémon against a legendary?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokemon Fan is pretty vague on the subject, but I would imagine they'd have mentioned the episode's name if it actually was a separate one.

A celebrity cameo is also exactly the kind of thing they can cover and give huge attention to like this even if the scene just ends up lasting two minutes and Hiroki has 5 lines of dialogue.

Naruto promo material has now confirmed that we're getting a Naruto episode this day, so the material in the OP is all about one Pokemon episode, not two separate ones.

Nice to have that properly clarified.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Naruto promo material has now confirmed that we're getting a Naruto episode this day, so the material in the OP is all about one Pokemon episode, not two separate ones.

So that means, rockruff vs mudbray would be a short battle as the main focus of the episode will be pikachu vs tapu koko.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So that means, rockruff vs mudbray would be a short battle as the main focus of the episode will be pikachu vs tapu koko.

Yes, and this convinces me more that Rockruff will curbstomp Mudbray.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Watch it get interrupted and Abareru-kun fawn over Ash.

'You met Kapu-Kopeko?! Sugoi!'

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Even if Pikachu vs. Tapu Koko is the main event of this episode, I still expect the Rockruff vs. Mudbray battle to get some attention, even if it's only the first five minutes. I still have a feeling the episode is going to open up in the middle of the match, so we won't actually know how long the battle has been going on.

Since this is Rockruff's second battle on screen, and the first battle that wasn't a training battle, I don't think this will be a curbstomp. In fact, if Rockruff does win the battle, I think its victory will mean more if it struggled, even if just a little bit, against Mudbray, especially since Mudbray has the type advantage (even though the anime often ignores type advantages and Ash is the king of screwing type advantages). Given the focus on Mudbray and its stats in the magazine, I'm inclined to think the donkey is going to get a chance to show its stuff--namely, its Stamina ability.

Watch it get interrupted and Abareru-kun fawn over Ash.

'You met Kapu-Kopeko?! Sugoi!'

If Abareru-kun's voice acting is over the top and completely hilarious, then I might not mind the battle being interrupted. I would prefer it not be, though. I would like to see how this battle ends.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.

Why are you having a conversation with yourself? I'm reading this so wrong. o_O;;

Even if Pikachu vs. Tapu Koko is the main event of this episode, I still expect the Rockruff vs. Mudbray battle to get some attention, even if it's only the first five minutes. I still have a feeling the episode is going to open up in the middle of the match, so we won't actually know how long the battle has been going on.
Watch when the match is interrupted/stopped. We all know Ash is using Rockruff for vengeance against the one who hoofed him the wrong way.

Since this is Rockruff's second battle on screen, and the first battle that wasn't a training battle, I don't think this will be a curbstomp. In fact, if Rockruff does win the battle, I think its victory will mean more if it struggled, even if just a little bit, against Mudbray, especially since Mudbray has the type advantage (even though the anime often ignores type advantages and Ash is the king of screwing type advantages). Given the focus on Mudbray and its stats in the magazine, I'm inclined to think the donkey is going to get a chance to show its stuff--namely, its Stamina ability.
I'm sure they'll use Mudbray's Stamina Ability. I can't see Rockruff fainting in here and we do know it'll be using a Z move. What's worse than an interrupted battle is a battle shown midway through. :( I don't think Abareru kun's character will be on screen that long. I think they just wanted to have someone to fight Ash like Alan. Do you know all of Rockruff's moves? I know it learned Rock Smash. Bite and Tackle attack too?

Hopefully Abareru kun's Mudbray doesn't turn into a joke or not take the battle seriously. I wouldn't mind this being a practice battle advertised as a real one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.