• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 23rd: SM19 - Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Watch when the match is interrupted/stopped. We all know Ash is using Rockruff for vengeance against the one who hoofed him the wrong way.

But...but this isn't the Mudbray who kicked him into the sky in SM11; that was one of Kiawe's family's farm Mudbray. Why would Ash enact revenge on a Mudbray who hasn't wronged him? :confused:

I'm sure they'll use Mudbray's Stamina Ability. I can't see Rockruff fainting in here and we do know it'll be using a Z move. What's worse than an interrupted battle is a battle shown midway through. :( I don't think Abareru kun's character will be on screen that long. I think they just wanted to have someone to fight Ash like Alan. Do you know all of Rockruff's moves? I know it learned Rock Smash. Bite and Tackle attack too?

To be more specific, Rockruff learned Rock Throw in SM15, not Rock Smash. As far as I know, the rest of its moveset hasn't been confirmed, but based on its battle with Magmar (and based off its game moveset), it's not too Farfetch'd to assume it probably knows Tackle and Bite.

I would rather we see half of the battle than this battle be rushed, but I'm not sure how I feel about the battle being interrupted. I suppose it depends on how and why it's interrupted.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Why are you having a conversation with yourself? I'm reading this so wrong. o_O;;

Watch when the match is interrupted/stopped. We all know Ash is using Rockruff for vengeance against the one who hoofed him the wrong way.

I'm sure they'll use Mudbray's Stamina Ability. I can't see Rockruff fainting in here and we do know it'll be using a Z move. What's worse than an interrupted battle is a battle shown midway through. :( I don't think Abareru kun's character will be on screen that long. I think they just wanted to have someone to fight Ash like Alan. Do you know all of Rockruff's moves? I know it learned Rock Smash. Bite and Tackle attack too?

Hopefully Abareru kun's Mudbray doesn't turn into a joke or not take the battle seriously. I wouldn't mind this being a practice battle advertised as a real one.

Watch when Rockruff's Z-move instantly stomps Mudbray in a short lived battle lol. This is why I can see what is most probably happening(based on the summary). Plus, celebrity cameos are usually short lived.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
But...but this isn't the Mudbray who kicked him into the sky in SM11; that was one of Kiawe's family's farm Mudbray. Why would Ash enact revenge on a Mudbray who hasn't wronged him? :confused:
It's a Mudbray, it'll do.

To be more specific, Rockruff learned Rock Throw in SM15, not Rock Smash. As far as I know, the rest of its moveset hasn't been confirmed, but based on its battle with Magmar (and based off its game moveset), it's not too Farfetch'd to assume it probably knows Tackle and Bite.

I would rather we see half of the battle than this battle be rushed, but I'm not sure how I feel about the battle being interrupted. I suppose it depends on how and why it's interrupted.
Whoops, I typed that wrong. ^^ I'd rather we not rush this battle (even though it's inevitable to focus on the real battle of the episode.) It could be a short battle where there's no winner. Who will be watching Ash's battles? Kukui is a guarantee and maybe this time, the classmates can join in watching him fight Tapu Koko again like last time! I don't think it's necessary to watch Ash battle Abareru kun but I'll love if Mallow chan and Lillie were observing and cheering him and Rockruff on.

I guess this means Pikachu kun and Rotom found Ash's Electric Z Crystal or Tapu Koko stole it like we all suspected.

Watch when Rockruff's Z-move instantly stomps Mudbray in a short lived battle lol. This is why I can see what is most probably happening(based on the summary).
Your dreams sure are a sight to see.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Watch when Rockruff's Z-move instantly stomps Mudbray in a short lived battle lol. This is why I can see what is most probably happening(based on the summary). Plus, celebrity cameos are usually short lived.

Unless this Mudbray has absolutely no battle experience whatsoever, I'm inclined to think this will not be a curbstomp. Mudbray has the advantage (yes, I'm aware anime =/= games, but so far, SM has taken into account type advantages in quite a few battles), and Rockruff is not an experienced battler (it only recently learned Rock Throw, a basic Rock-type move). If Rockruff wins, I expect it will be because its new Trainer is the king of screwing type advantages and/or because Ash uses Rockruff's speed to their advantage.

Whoops, I typed that wrong. ^^ I'd rather we not rush this battle (even though it's inevitable to focus on the real battle of the episode.) It could be a short battle where there's no winner. Who will be watching Ash's battles? Kukui is a guarantee and maybe this time, the classmates can join in watching him fight Tapu Koko again like last time! I don't think it's necessary to watch Ash battle Abareru kun but I'll love if Mallow chan and Lillie were observing and cheering him and Rockruff on.

Since Abareru-kun Hiroki is a fellow student at the Pokémon School, I expect his and Ash's battle will take place on the school grounds, so the chances of Ash's friends and Prof. Kukui watching is pretty high. There may even be other students spectating. Perhaps we'll even see the other teachers in this school (because surely Prof. Kukui isn't the only teacher).

As for the battle against Tapu Koko... it would be nice if Ash's friends were there to watch, but to be honest, I won't be surprised if they aren't. I suppose it depends on when, where, and how Ash encounters Tapu Koko.

satopi

Since Abareru-kun Hiroki is a fellow student at the Pokémon School, I expect his and Ash's battle will take place on the school grounds, so the chances of Ash's friends and Prof. Kukui watching is pretty high. There may even be other students spectating. Perhaps we'll even see the other teachers in this school (because surely Prof. Kukui isn't the only teacher).
We don't even see Kukui teaching, bet Ash and the others got the easy class while the other teachers are more qualified to teach than a guy who refuses to wear a shirt.
They must be showcasing the other parts of the school in this episode in order for Ash to meet and battle Abareru kun. They really need to show us more of this large school and what it offers. Kukui is the only teacher shown, there can't be just one teacher there.

As for the battle against Tapu Koko... it would be nice if Ash's friends were there to watch, but to be honest, I won't be surprised if they aren't. I suppose it depends on when, where, and how Ash encounters Tapu Koko.
Easy. It'll come to him! :)

We don't even see Kukui teaching, bet Ash and the others got the easy class while the other teachers are more qualified to teach than a guy who refuses to wear a shirt.
They must be showcasing the other parts of the school in this episode in order for Ash to meet and battle Abareru kun. They really need to show us more of this large school and what it offers. Kukui is the only teacher shown, there can't be just one teacher there.

Ilima maybe? :3

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Easy. It'll come to him! :)

We got to see Kukui somewhat teach them, more like take them on the fishing excursion, but he still lead them :p
At least we know Oak is there too, so they must make a good tag team for running the school then! Kukui teaches Ash's class, Oak teaches every other class :D

Honestly I bet Rockruff will lose against Mudbray

satopi

Ilima maybe? :3
He can be a visiting teacher though I'm not sure how people who played the games will agree with his alternate role.

We got to see Kukui somewhat teach them, more like take them on the fishing excursion, but he still lead them :p
At least we know Oak is there too, so they must make a good tag team for running the school then! Kukui teaches Ash's class, Oak teaches every other class :D
Bwhahahaha!!! :D Principal Oak make puns in order to keep an inch of his sanity. Too many irrelevant kids to teach off screen.

Honestly I bet Rockruff will lose against Mudbray
This wouldn't surprise me as well. It isn't guaranteed to beat the Mudbray but it will give it a good fight.

Yeah, just like you predicted that Ash was surely going to lose to Hala and he swept Hala 2-0, right? :p
Yes but Ash didn't curbstomp Hala didn't he? We don't know Abareru kun's Mudbray's battling experience and power. Just because Abareru kun is a COTD, it doesn't mean that he's going to let Rockruff curbstomp him in 5 seconds flat. Mudbray has its Stamina Ability to its advantage so it should give Rockruff a tough opponent to defeat (for it's size and experience.) A curbstomp battle isn't fun at all. I expect this battle to not last that long to make way for the real battle of this episode but whether Rockruff wins or not, give it a challenge and don't let it curbstomp Mudbray unless it's with a Z move.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yes but Ash didn't curbstomp Hala didn't he? We don't know Abareru kun's Mudbray's battling experience and power. Just because Abareru kun is a COTD, it doesn't mean that he's going to let Rockruff curbstomp him in 5 seconds flat. Mudbray has its Stamina Ability to its advantage so it should give Rockruff a tough opponent to defeat (for it's size and experience.) A curbstomp battle isn't fun at all. I expect this battle to not last that long to make way for the real battle of this episode but whether Rockruff wins or not, give it a challenge and don't let it curbstomp Mudbray unless it's with a Z move.

The summary heavily implies that Rockruff will 'claim victory in an instant with a Z-move'. The scan also shows Rockruff using Breakneck Blitz on Mudbray. Even if you say that the summary seems like a command, then the fact that particular command in explicitly mentioned that summary is also an implication that Rockruff will defeat Mudbray and probably curbstomp. Plus, this is a celebrity cameo, so it's quite natural for it to be short lived. So yes, I'll say that I have a strong feeling that this battle will be at the start of the episode, will be short lived, will end just before the opening starts, and most probably will be a curbstomp in favour of Rockruff.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The summary heavily implies that Rockruff will 'claim victory in an instant with a Z-move'. The scan also shows Rockruff using Breakneck Blitz on Mudbray. Even if you say that the summary seems like a command, then the fact that particular command in explicitly mentioned that summary is also an implication that Rockruff will defeat Mudbray and probably curbstomp. Plus, this is a celebrity cameo, so it's quite natural for it to be short lived. So yes, I'll say that I have a strong feeling that this battle will be at the start of the episode, will be short lived, will end just before the opening starts, and most probably will be a curbstomp in favour of Rockruff.

Or Mudbray starts to get the upper hand against Rockruff and Ash retaliates with the Z-move as opposed to Rockruff dominating and then overkilling with BNB.

satopi

But I don't want Rockruff to curbstomp Mudbray. Rockruff can win but the victory won't be satisfying if Mudbray is knocked out 5 seconds flat, even with it's natural ability. Yeah Rockruff can defeat Mudbray with a Z move (which I said in my last post) but don't let it be a curbstomp.

A curbstomp battle doesn't even feel like a satisfying victory if there's barely any struggling or tension. It's the equivalent of battling Team Rocket.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

And this is one reason why I don't think this will be a curbstomp battle. Mudbray has an ability that causes its defense to rise every time it's hit. That is not going to be an opponent who will be easily curbstomped. Not to mention Mudbray is three times Rockruff's size and 12 times Rockruff's weight.

The line "Claim victory in an instant with a Z-move!" doesn't "seem" like a command. It is a command. It's written in the imperative, thus it is a command (probably to Ash and/or Rockruff). While it implies that Rockruff probably wins this match, it does not imply that this is a curbstomp. Perhaps Rockruff is at a disadvantage for most of the battle, but then Ash turns the tables in his favor and pulls off a sudden victory. That would be just as much claiming victory in an instant as a curbstomp would, and it would be a lot more interesting to watch.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Watched the second trailer.

Pikachu's so cute tugging on Rotom's wig :')

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
In terms of placement and my speculation on the continuation of the plot post SM19, I think that it is very apparent that this rematch between Ash and Tapu Koko isn't happening at a random time.

Tapu Koko monitoring Ash was the first bit of a plot we saw being set-up, and in fact, it's been the plot with the most important motif and it's the most consistent one we've seen, along with Ash and Litten bonding. Meaning that when/if Ash battles Tapu Koko to a point where he is deemed worthy (in this episode?), then what does that mean? Well, the first question I'd ask is: "where does Ash go from there?", if Ash just hangs around on MeleMele, that is basically without plot (aka: time wasted) and therefore the most obvious answer is: "Akala".

Hence why I think we're really, really getting to the end of the MeleMele-arc. I've made a post where I listed down all the plots that still needed a touch-up before anything could happen, but I just realized that the placement of this episode specifically has much more meaning than say, Mallow finally getting her focus-episode. This could well be the book-end to the plot which started in SM1, with Tapu Koko noticing Ash, and giving him the Z-ring later on.

Meaning, that I'm really looking forward to this episode, and the following three episode titles following this one. I'm assuming they'll a few to transition from the school-setting to the travelling-mode, and Ash still needs to catch Litten, so that's two and maybe they can kickstart the Akala/Skull-plot by introducing Gladion/Plumeria.

Red and Blue

There might not even be the usual traveling arc. Kiawe with his Ride Pokemon showed one can travel across the other three islands and back very easily. I'm still under the impression that the school is the main setting for SM

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
There might not even be the usual traveling arc. Kiawe with his Ride Pokemon showed one can travel across the other three islands and back very easily. I'm still under the impression that the school is the main setting for SM

My impression is that the school, and Melemele Island, will be Ash's home base throughout the series. He visits another island via Ride Pokémon to complete a trial, and then returns to Melemele Island between trials--either to catch up on schoolwork if this school even has schoolwork or catch up with his friends and Prof. Kukui.

SM19 (or an episode around that mark) might still mark the "end" of the "Melemele arc," in the sense that Ash might be done exploring Melemele Island (with the exception of Ten Carat Hill, which may or may not be in the anime at this point, he has pretty much visited every major locale on the island already), and any further "exploration episodes" will take place on the other islands.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Well, but he at least will have to leave Melemele temporarily to complete the other Grand Trials and Totem battles, but I agree, he will come back to Melemele after completing each trial. And in this way, the other islands will get showcased while Melemele will remain the centre of action. But one thing is that the other islands won't be showcased very well, while the anime usually showcases each and every part of a region equally well.

Status
Not open for further replies.