• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 24th: MPM11 - The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
With Ash seeing Pidegot, Primeape, Ambipom Goodra, Naganadel, Larvitar and Solgaleo (Nebby ) again too. Since it a montage, maybe the Gentleman with his Raticate and Casey with Beedrill too
Sabring with Haunter and that wild Seaking Ash and Misty captured just to release.

Honestly Casey should've been shown together with the Johto Trio.

Pteranodonte

Interesting how technically we don't know literally anything about this episode, as the question was teased with the extra series and there is no episodes left for it to happen anyway
Even this is possible as they're near Pallet

iT5CUPd.png
But we got some random Pokémon nobody cares about instead! Isn't that great writing? Who needs to see iconic mons when you have a poor copy of M5 Latias, Beartic, Banette and Rattata and Spearow?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
But we got some random Pokémon nobody cares about instead! Isn't that great writing? Who needs to see iconic mons when you have a poor copy of M5 Latias, Beartic, Banette and Rattata and Spearow?
Rattata and spearow are passable, but i still don't understand the point of the Banette episode

Pteranodonte

Rattata and spearow are passable, but i still don't understand the point of the Banette episode
They could have just setted the episode in Viridian Forest, and have Ash reunite with Pidgeot and at the same time apologizing to Fearow for hitting it back then. They all search for Pikachu, find it and then Pidgeot rejoins Ash, with a now reformed Fearow replacing him as the guardian of the birds of the forest.
I think that sounds much better.

ShuckFam

Could Friede's Pikachu be the one that currently belongs to Ash? Here's how it could be:

The Pokemon G-men, led by Lance, were building up a case on Ash all throughout his journey. They developed an interest in him because he flouted the Pokemon league rules on numerous occasions to obtain badges illegally, in addition to using illegal moves and abilities to gain an unfair advantage. His first crimes were committed in Kanto, where he threw rocks at Pokemon to capture them, sadistically sent out his Caterpie vs Pidgeotto in hope that he would see it get eaten and falsely imprisoned Pikachu by tying it up and dragging it against its will. Then he doped Pikachu up after losing to Brock and took advantage of the broken sprinkler system to beat Brock when he showed mercy on him. He built a bond with Misty to obtain the cascade badge without having to beat her in a battle, and had his Haunter commit an act of terrorism to force Sabrina to give him a badge when he knew he couldn't win vs her. After that, he was willing to win the Volcano badge at all costs, even if it meant Pikachu getting cooked in lava. Pikachu was also hacked to be able to use moves that shouldn't ordinarily work on ground types.

This is just his Kanto crimes. Don't get me started on the other regions...Maybe Friede gets custody of Pikachu after Ash gets arrested. I did say before that a rainbow is a bad omen.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
but i still don't understand the point of the Banette episode
Because Yuyama certainly believes they haven't done an episode about a Ghost-type who got left behind by their trainer before and they're looking for them...which is exactly what Gengar's deal was.

(Sure, the Banette was just a Substitute Doll and the Nurse Joy simply had no idea it turned into a Pokemon, but the big similarity is still there.)

Last edited:

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Because Yuyama certainly believes they haven't done an episode about a Ghost-type who got left behind by their trainer before and they're looking for them...which is exactly what Gengar's deal was.

(Sure, the Banette was just a Substitute Doll and the Nurse Joy simply had no idea it turned into a Pokemon, but the big similarity is still there.)

I’m surprised you literally said the reason this episode existed and then somehow acted like it was dumb for doing it. This episode was clearly meant as development for Gengar just as much as Ash, which makes me think it was probably a Journeys script that got pulled and repurposed, though it’s possible they just wanted to write about Gengar here regardless.

Pteranodonte

I’m surprised you literally said the reason this episode existed and then somehow acted like it was dumb for doing it. This episode was clearly meant as development for Gengar just as much as Ash, which makes me think it was probably a Journeys script that got pulled and repurposed, though it’s possible they just wanted to write about Gengar here regardless.
This episode should have happened a long time ago, but the writers chose to treat Gengar as a jobber for the whole series instead of having some episodes about him.

Red and Blue

This episode should have happened a long time ago, but the writers chose to treat Gengar as a jobber for the whole series instead of having some episodes about him.
It was a jobber for a while. But it became better after learning to Gigantamax while the jobber position went to Dragonite.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Doesn't change the fact they already made an episode about an abandoned Ghost-type but acted like they didn't do one already.

Status
Not open for further replies.