• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 24th: MPM11 - The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Interesting how technically we don't know literally anything about this episode, as the question was teased with the extra series and there is no episodes left for it to happen anyway
Even this is possible as they're near Pallet

iT5CUPd.png

ShuckFam

Interesting how technically we don't know literally anything about this episode, as the question was teased with the extra series and there is no episodes left for it to happen anyway
Even this is possible as they're near Pallet

iT5CUPd.png
Pidgeot should honestly poop on Ash for abandoning him.

Imagine if he was just about to catch Latias and Pidgeot did that. Then Latias gets mad at Pidgeot and asks why it did that, with Pidgeot explaining how he said he would come back for him but never did. Latias gives a 'I knew humans were all the same' look before draco meteoring Ash and flying over the rainbow.

Guy100

This is all localization nonsense. The term Pokemon Master was invented by Yuyama for the anime.
Interesting. However it seems that the localization may have adapted its translation of Pokemon Master being connected to winning a Pokemon League based on the anime's early illustration of how the achievement (Master) was perceived as a connection to a regional league tournament. Never bothered to researched if the concept of Pokemon Master was incorporated in the early japanese version of the red and blue games. Does the early japanese versions of Pokemon red and blue mention Pokemon Master aside from the localization versions.

If anyone has played the original japanese version of pokemon red and blue, does Lance actually admits to the player being a Pokemon Master, after his defeat as it was phrased in the localization?, just curious.

Pok%C3%A9mon_League.png

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

There might still be hope for the series to end with TRio becoming Ash's new companions as they go on an off screen adventure.
Awe That’d be nice, they know him better than any one since they’ve been stalking him for years, they can break the fourth wall.

NA They’ll just stalk him like always. Or leave Team Rocket like that, good times.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Interesting. However it seems that the localization may have adapted its translation of Pokemon Master being connected to winning a Pokemon League based on the anime's early illustration of how the achievement (Master) was perceived as a connection to a regional league tournament. Never bothered to researched if the concept of Pokemon Master was incorporated in the early japanese version of the red and blue games. Does the early japanese versions of Pokemon red and blue mention Pokemon Master aside from the localization versions.

Pok%C3%A9mon_League.png
Even that is worded vaguely though. It's not saying winning the league makes you a master, just a step forward it.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
If anyone has played the original japanese version of pokemon red and blue, does Lance actually admits to the player being a Pokemon Master, after his defeat as it was phrased in the localization?, just curious.

No. As it said in that post you quoted, the term did not exist until Yuyama invented it for the anime a year later.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

Pok%C3%A9mon_League.png

You have to keep in mind of certain thing with the American release of Pokémon. It was in synergy with the Pokémon anime. To the point that Nintendo Power officially called Red "Ash" and Green "Gary" in their strategy guide.

I made a timeline documenting all dates I could find regarding Ash and Red during the early years of the franchise, which gives us a sense of how things could be misinterpreted. It's still a working progress (feedback welcome). Summer of 1998 is when people in North America got a first official preview of the Pokémon anime in a VHS promo tape. And at the beginning of the VHS, the term Pokémon Master is used by the live-action cast, with the goal being catch all 150 Pokémon.

The games wound not be released until September, alongside the anime and TCG. So it becomes clear what the marketing campaign was doing for the NA release. Synergy connection. Ash = Red, Pokémon Champion = Pokémon Master, etc.

Last edited:

Jezrocket

I suppose Jessie, James, and Meowth will meet up in MPM 11... I imagine that along the way, following their separate paths, they will look up at the sky, then they will see the rainbow, follow it, and end up to be together again ...
it is absolutely impossible for me to imagine any other logical scenario for team rocket in the context of their separation in episode MPM 9 and with the context of episode MPM 11 because reunion or not their closure here will have to be rushed…

Jezrocket

I usually would be sad or hyped but unfortunately, they made it very underwhelming. Please give Ash and Pikachu a satisfying conclusion.
What about the Team Rocket? Their closure seems to be the worst of the worst, an indestructible friendship reduced to nothing for an unimportant kindergarten bickering as they had plenty many times before …TT_TT

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I want a montage at the end of what his companions are up to, I want to see May and Serena being interviewed by a TV crew in their contest outfits, I want to see Dawn holding a trophy cup with her team alongside her including a Hisuian Typhlosion, Iris finding Rayquaza, Cilan meeting up with Subway masters, max and Bonnie both starting their journeys, Clemont and Sophocles meeting up in the name of science, etc.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
I want a montage at the end of what his companions are up to, I want to see May and Serena being interviewed by a TV crew in their contest outfits, I want to see Dawn holding a trophy cup with her team alongside her including a Hisuian Typhlosion, Iris finding Rayquaza, Cilan meeting up with Subway masters, max and Bonnie both starting their journeys, Clemont and Sophocles meeting up in the name of science, etc.
With Ash seeing Pidegot, Primeape, Ambipom Goodra, Naganadel, Larvitar and Solgaleo (Nebby ) again too. Since it a montage, maybe the Gentleman with his Raticate and Casey with Beedrill too

Status
Not open for further replies.