• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 24th: MPM11 - The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Why did Ash carried five pokemon instead of six after ep 2 if he was not going to catch any new pokemon?
The staff was too lazy to give him a full team for each episode? Or because of the pokemon of the day Ash was helping/asking for help in some episodes without catch them, dunno.

Despite the fact he used a full team in the lapras episode.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I think they wrote episode concepts and then sat and decided which Pokémon made the most sense for that episode, which means it is a bit of a shame that they didn’t make it a priority. I still think VA accessibility may have played into it to some extent though, but to what extent I don’t know. I don’t think it’s a huge coincidence though that Snivy was the only reserve in the Pikachu separation episode considering Megumi Hayashibara was already in the studio.

I am grateful they tried and give Misty and Brock’s Pokémon some last hurrahs though. Seeing ones like Starmie, Ludicolo, Marshtomp, and Forretress again was not on my bucket list.

ShuckFam

I think there should be a relatively subtle hint at the coma theory at the end of this episode, just to keep it a possibility in our minds so we can write our own headcanon.

Show a vital signs monitor in the last two seconds of the episode but don't show Ash or even a hospital bed.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Why keep watching then?
Good question you ask honestly. I think for myself it was an anime I grew up with and wanted to see it through. That is the main reason why I wanted to watch it until the end and why I won't watch the new series. Ash and Pikachu were a part of me for at least 20 years. I doubt I would get as attached to Liko and Roy or would enjoy it as much.

Though, I guess the last few years made me realize there are amazing anime out there like One Piece and such. And no matter how much I love Pokemon, the storytelling and such is just not that amazing compared to other anime. I am really grateful I grew up with Ash and Pikachu, but I won't be blind for the flaws the Ash-era of the Pokemon anime had (I hate talking in the past tense).

I grew up in recent years in the sense that I appreciate other anime more and I made me realize I was still mostly attached to Pokemon because of Ash and Pikachu were part of my childhood. Probably nostalgia blindness.

Though, the last months I
probably said goodbye to Ash already in the back of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.