• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 24th: SM114 - Beauty and the Nyarth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
How many Meowth falls in love episodes have there been? It's even weirder given Meowth's characterization in Sun and Moon.
At least 4? His origin story episode, May’s Skitty, COTD’s Glameow/Purugly, a Purrloin.

DatsRight

They like Meowth getting brutally castrated by Mallow's Tsareena this series, I hate to think what this thing would do to him. :p

In fact this series has an uneasy fondness for graphically beating up cat Pokemon. Does one of the writers have to deal with a stinky litter tray too often or something?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Welp, all hype gone, boring Meowth filler is boring. Unless for some reason, this is where Lillie gets her z ring.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
But Pheromosa gender less

"Genderless" means the gender is unknown, not that it doesn't have one (also, not having a gender doesn't mean someone can't fall for it, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms).

Also, as I stated before, all Pokemon fall for Pheromosa, regardless of gender.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
As Pheromosa is 4x weak against Flying-type maybe this will be a good time for Shaymin form change and kickass moment? A UB being defeated by a mgthical will make it more believable.

A funny thing would be Meowth using a Z-move for once (let it be with Jessie, James or Ash).

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Nihilego and Guzzlord were played pretty straight due to one being an instinctual parasite and the other is something that would literally eat everything it sees with a rather special world for himself that is anything but comedic and adding an excess of it would be insulting to it.

Pheromosa is only known for a few things, being a fast attacker, hating dirty things, her world having crystals and her pheromones.

This is kind of like Stakataka in how little we know of this beast outside of the bare minimum and they were able to make it work. Only Stakataka wasn't doing anything much until someone ticked it off.

Here, Pheromosa is mugging trainers for their Z crystals and is possibly going to crush Meowth's heart with her long, high jump kicking legs!
True, but the only one that I could see having an excess of comedy would be Buzzwole. The Ultras Beasts in SM078 only started getting comedic when they attacked each other.

DatsRight

As Pheromosa is 4x weak against Flying-type maybe this will be a good time for Shaymin form change and kickass moment? A UB being defeated by a mgthical will make it more believable.

A funny thing would be Meowth using a Z-move for once (let it be with Jessie, James or Ash).

As much as I would love that, unless Ash donates Normalium Z to Meowth he'd have to learn a Dark move or spontaneously turn into a Mimikyu to be compatible. I suppose Meowth finally learning a new move at long last would truly null out SM being as self contained as XY, but I don't know if we're quite going there yet.

Concerning Shaymin though, I'm not sure I'd be much for that, especially since it would mean the only two UG episodes Mallow actually does anything are just having her OP Pokemon run loose and stomp the competition rather than contributing to any of the usual funny interactions and strategies that make those episodes (let's be honest, Shaymin is a mythical and the anime is.... the anime, when it finally battles it WILL cheaply stomp all).

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
True, but the only one that I could see having an excess of comedy would be Buzzwole. The Ultras Beasts in SM078 only started getting comedic when they attacked each other.

Even then, I'm going to point to Buzzwole having a Snorlax shake as to why it was important that he goes back home.

The beast does nothing but flex otherwise.

kmyeakel

Last time, meowth was jealous that there was the aloian meowth, and Jessie and James wanted to have join with them. He was later with Giovanni at the end of the episode. not sure if he will be with Jessie, James, and Meowyj

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Maybe that's why they gave Kiawe the ability to use Supersonic Skystrike.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summaries:

One night, an incident occurs where Trainers with Z-Crystals, and only them, are attacked! And the culprit was the Ultra Beast Pheroache! And at that point, Nyarth ends up falling in love with Pheroache!

---

One night, an incident occurs where Trainers with Z-Crystals, and only them, are attacked! And the culprit was the Ultra Beast Pheroache! It appears Pheroache is collecting Z-Crystals. And then Nyarth from the Rocket Gang falls in love with it......?!

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I'm guessing one of the random trainers attack by Pheromosa will probably use a Z-move that hasn't debuted yet.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Pokenchi revealed that Abareru-kun's character Hiroki will have an appearance in this episode.
That's the guy from way back with the Mudbray, right?

JC317

Hiroki is coming back?! I hope that doesn't mean he got a Z-crystal and Z-ring off screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.