• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 27: BWSP2 - Iris VS Clair! The Road to Dragon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I would love for Iris to head to Hoenn after seeing Rayquaza in this special. It would mirror how Ash was inspired to go to Hoenn after seeing Ho-Oh, plus Hoenn has lots of Dragon-types for Iris to capture. Only the best for the Queen of Dragons.

Dax

Legend
The queen of girl companions has arrived. Brothers and sisters, let's gather around in a circle of prayers to thank Goddess Iris for her immaculate return to our undeserving lives.

Let the light of Princess Emolga, Duke Excadrill, King Dragonite and heir to the throne Axew to guide us to be more accepting of new female companions while appreciating the flawlessness that the Unova Goddess has gifted us.

It is also important to remember, brothers and sisters, that if Gible is to join Iris' disciples, we should accept him with grace and respect, as he is the new witness of her perfect path in this life.

Finally, the power the Goddess has showered upon us will be confirmed as she defeats wannabe dragon deity, Clair. May the young prevail and the old go to a caring center.

Thanks. Amen.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The queen of girl companions has arrived. Brothers and sisters, let's gather around in a circle of prayers to thank Goddess Iris for her immaculate return to our undeserving lives.

Let the light of Princess Emolga, Duke Excadrill, King Dragonite and heir to the throne Axew to guide us to be more accepting of new female companions while appreciating the flawlessness that the Unova Goddess has gifted us.

It is also important to remember, brothers and sisters, that if Gible is to join Iris' disciples, we should accept him with grace and respect, as he is the new witness of her perfect path in this life.

Finally, the power the Goddess has showered upon us will be confirmed as she defeats wannabe dragon deity, Clair. May the young prevail and the old go to a caring center.

Thanks. Amen.

OMG this is brilliant <3!!!

I think Iris could do great in Hoenn, maybe she'll get a Treeko there :).

Lorde

Thanks. Amen.

I didn't like the Clair shade, but otherwise yaassss, slay! I'm glad Iris is being acknowledge properly. I'm even eager to see Axew again even though I didn't particularly like him in BW. Still, I'm willing to tolerate him even if he gets lost here and I'm awaiting Princess Emolga's glorious return. It's time for her to show a certain other electric rodent Pokemon how it's done.~

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
We don't know if Iris or Cilan will cameo in XY.
For all we know this could be the last we see of Iris forever.

Except we do know we will for sure see iris becausr she was the female that traveled with ash, and the other three already did makes cameos. Cilan is a different story.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Except we do know we will for sure see iris becausr she was the female that traveled with ash, and the other three already did makes cameos. Cilan is a different story.

Things change because as you said now there are two former companions rather than just the girl. They could get away with just giving Brock specials simply because he had been in the show so long that he didn't need another cameo in BW.

But Iris appearing instead of Cilan, or Cilan appearing instead of Iris...would just be wrong.

Lorde

Haha I know about that, but what's her personality like?

She's catty but overall a decent character who at least developed well during her time on the show. I'm personally glad that this special is airing because it'll be cool to see a dynamic, well-rounded female character after so long. And because my big bro Dragonite is battling.~

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Yes! I've been waiting for this special since it was first announced, I can't wait to see how much closer she gets to her Dragon Master goal.

Nodame

Misty <3
She's catty but overall a decent character who at least developed well during her time on the show. I'm personally glad that this special is airing because it'll be cool to see a dynamic, well-rounded female character after so long. And because my big bro Dragonite is battling.~

Sounds like something I might like xD

Sprinter1988

Eh, I can't really get too excited about this as I'm one of those people who grew to hate the way Iris's character was handled in the anime. Who knows, maybe this special will be exactly what is needed to change my opinion of Iris, but somehow I doubt it. I really hope that she doesn't end up with a Gible - we've seen enough of that particular dragon and its evolutions IMO.
To be honest, I would have preferred to see her and Clair encounter a wild Lapras that knows Dragon Pulse, giving Iris adesire to catch it, but its being an ice type causes conflict and so she has to get over that fear. You know, have some actual chacharacter development in there, but hey, what do I know?
This is, after all, the girl who decided that she could not have a Charizard because it wasn't a dragon type (what the hell she thinks Excadrill and Emolga are I cannot guess!)

Janovy

Banned
Haha I know about that, but what's her personality like?
She's friendly, passionate about dragons and highly spiritual, she believes she has a sixth sense (which she does) and she even clashed with Cilan one time, because he is a skeptic and doesn't really believe in spirits and stuff, he'll mostly look for rational explanation. She often called Ash a kid, but as time went by, all that became simple teasing and she stopped saying it as much as she used to. She's also the type of character who will call out people on their sh*t and is frequently annoyed by Cilan's crazy antics calling him 'a pain'. She also heavily dislikes cold and ice Pokémon because she ... well, trains dragons.

RickHoenn

Banned
I think Iris developed well during her run in the anime, at least way more than Cilan she did...

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Even though I'm not a fan of Iris character I look forward to this battle should be a really good one. Some mighty Dragons battling it out.

And you never know Iris could get a mission from Clair to go to Kalos bring the Tyrunt fossil to some. Remember Ash & co are at the coast part so Iris could come by.

Dax

Legend
Well:

1. She likes dragon pokemon

2. She called Ash a kid for 100 episodes

3. She wants to be a dragon master

That's really all you need to know.

You said you didn't watch BW, so don't start giving descriptions for characters you don't know.

There's more depth to Iris than what you see on pictures or what you superficially read on a forum. Iris was a competent battler from the start who could understand the hearts of pokemon. She cared deeply about her companions, even though she masked it under childish insults. She was the bravest one of the group and her skills led Drake to believe she could someday take over the Gym. And, even though she received less screentime than Cilan, she was the only one that truly had story and showed growth in BW.

Don't diss her because she wasn't meant to be eye candy. She's one of the few things that worked on Best Wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.