• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 27: XY021 - Time to Debut! PokéVision with Serena and Fennekin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
March 27: XY021 - Time to Debut! PokéVision with Serena and Fennekin!!

Serena is doing something finally. Discuss it.

XY 022: Time to Debut! PokéVision with Serena and Fennekin!!
Airdate: March 27, 2014
Summary: Serena tries her hand at making a promotional video! With Clemont as the cameraman, a chaotic recording session ensues!
Summary 2: "Pokévision" is a concept where you promote a Trainer and their Pokémon's attractive qualities by shooting a video and uploading it to the Internet. After Ash and friends see a PokéVision movie starring Kalos' top idol Elle and her Fennekin, Serena immediately starts working on a video as well, but..."
Summary 3: Serena and Fennekin try their hand at creating a "PokéVision" video, which promotes a Trainer and their Pokémon's attractive qualities!
Caption: Everyone helps out with Serena and Fennekin's video shoot. This will be fun!

Pictures:
1) http://imgur.com/fmgJOCT
2)http://media.pocketmonsters.net/imageboard/69/13952066480047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well Serena's role is confirmed as a fanservice idol oriented character.

Serena in fanservice outfit and her pokemon with ribbons in its ears.

Well Serena's role is confirmed as a fanservice idol oriented character.

Serena in fanservice outfit and her pokemon with ribbons in its ears.

Again...what's so fanservice-y about dressing up? I've looked it up, and I can definitely say the term's being misused.

On-topic, at least it looks like Serena's finally doing something. Probably not the thing I expected, but I'm no longer deterred. I probably should've expected it a while ago. :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
She's literally posing in a fanservice doll outfit with her Pokemon.

I guess instead of battling she will be a fashion model.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Again...what's so fanservice-y about dressing up? I've looked it up, and I can definitely say the term's being misused.

The entire thing is to appeal to viewers who want to see her in "cute" costumes. Or in other words, fanservice. Dawn's cheerleading outfit was the exact same thing.

Dawn did it all the time, does that make her one?

Yeah, uh, actually, it does. That's the entire reason of doing costumes.

Thanks for helping me realize that Serena really is just a shallow Dawn clone now that we know this, though.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn did it all the time, does that make her one?

Dawn wore dresses in Contests. Her other outfits were fanservice but they were used for one-off events.

This looks to be the first confirmation of Serena's goal, a fashion supermodel posing her body and pokemon for the audience. Make of that what you will and let tumblr explore with the news. I'd love to see the reactions.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Serena is going to dress up in a costume. Is this what her character has been leading up to? Good grief. And here I thought she might actually get a decent development episode.

The entire thing is to appeal to viewers who want to see her in "cute" costumes. Or in other words, fanservice. Dawn's cheerleading outfit was the exact same thing.

Well, apparently my source is giving a rather...intense definition for "fanservice", but if you say so.

Anyway, I can sense dissatisfaction headed this thread's way...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So Serena is going to dress up in a costume. Is this what her character has been leading up to? Good grief. And here I thought she might actually get a decent development episode.

Well it was obvious from day one due to the fashion stuff on her profile. She's just going to pose in outfits for the viewers. She's a supermodel.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I'm just glad Serena's getting focus! Hopefully Fennekin battles! I bet this is where that Fennekin jumping in her arms dirty scene came from! She'll be forced to get her hands dirty and fight, can't wait.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I think my main issue is that right across that imagine you can see Ash in a very elegant and dignified outfit, it's quite a difference.

But again, people sort of forget that Dawn did the same thing by wearing a goofy Piplup outfit (wasn't really fan service-y in the slightest though as it was more silly)>

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Fennekin looks kinda creepy in that image... like the jaw is dislodged or something

I think my main issue is that right across that imagine you can see Ash in a very elegant and dignified outfit, it's quite a difference.
Battle Chateau... All of the participants dress up apparently

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But again, people sort of forget that Dawn did the same thing by wearing a goofy Piplup outfit (wasn't really fan service-y in the slightest though as it was more silly)>

Dawn's Piplup outfit was in a dream and Serena's outfit is showing a lot of skin. Tiny skirt and a belly shirt. Not to mention all pink.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm just glad Serena's getting focus! Hopefully Fennekin battles! I bet this is where that Fennekin jumping in her arms dirty scene came from! She'll be forced to get her hands dirty and fight, can't wait.

What implies that there's a battle here though? This seems like a fan service episode where Serena gets on TV and has to wear an outfit. It doesn't scream "battle episode" imo.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

Since when do you need decent development for a character you're just going to shove into an obviously fetishized fox costume?

Seriously, does nobody remember back when Movie 13 was new and Zorua kept turning into Dawn with a tail? Have you all forgotten how the fandom reacted to that?

Dawn's Piplup outfit was in a dream and Serena's outfit is showing a lot of skin. Tiny skirt and a belly shirt. Not to mention all pink.

I couldn't even make out the skin until you said it was there.

Let's see how much people try to deny she's here for fanservice now. An obvious fetish costume. Disgusting.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well, at least this confirms Fenniken is a girl(as if there was ever any doubt xD).

*gasp*

I think this could be what Serena's goal might be! An ACTRESS!

Think about it, with Diantha also appearing, presumably sometime before or even during this episode, this would probably inspire Serena to become an actress herself!

Honestly, I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'll personally be excited if Serena's goal is to be an actress. I know it's not that battle-oriented, but...I don't know, it just feels like something I can be okay with. Seriously, I'm liking it. Maybe this is why Serena's getting her current treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.