• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 31st: SM115 - Guzma, Emperor of Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It is said that Professor Kukui and the Skull Gang's boss Guzma are fated to get involved with one another. And thus, on the day Professor Kukui announces the Alola Pokémon League, Guzma watches it live on TV, then comes marching into the Pokémon School.

---

Satoshi and the others have gathered at a specially constructed stage at Aether Paradise after being told by Professor Kukui that an important announcement will be made there. The important announcement ends up being that an "Alola Pokémon League" is going to be held. However, having watched this announcement on TV, the Skull Gang's boss Guzma comes marching into the Pokémon School. It appears there's some sort of connection between Guzma and Professor Kukui.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Episode Director 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 大橋藍人 (Aito Ōhashi)

---

Pay attention to these Pokémon as well! They're going to appear in March!

(Airdates and airtimes vary depending on region)

DcdMFue.jpg

Gusokumusha: The Skull Gang's Boss, Guzma, shows up with a Gusokumusha in tow! Satoshi challenges this super opponent!

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I wonder if this will just be a 1vs1 or if they are going to have Guzma show off other pokemon that he has and wind up making this a 2vs2 or 3vs3, then again with Golisopod's ability it might make some sense for Guzma to able to take advantage of that so this winds up being a 2vs2 or 3vs3 instead of a 1vs1 although I do wonder which pokemon Ash will use here.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
It's about time! But seriously, they should have introduced him earlier on because how the heck are they going to get him developed well? all that time wasted...and now they decide to introduce him?

nuzamaki90

I hope First Impression catches Ash off guard and slightly pisses him off as much as it did everyone else

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Proper battles with Team bosses are rare, though I struggle to put Guzma in the same category as Lysandre and the like.

Either way, he's finally here.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Ash challenges him to a battle. Showtime for Pikachu!

I would like torracat to be used here over pikachu, it could be used here to give it more relevancy and some matches.

@Zoruagible you should be happy, your guy is dubuting here.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh knowing Ash he'll use Torracat lol.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
About damn time! I hope he doesn't pull a Hau and just disappear after this episode

I would like torracat to be used here over pikachu, it could be used here to give it more relevancy and some matches.

@Zoruagible you should be happy, your guy is dubuting here.

I'm happy my boi gets the honors of being the first team boss to have a proper battle with Ash, yes! Hopefully we can see more of this, although not as late into the series :p

Meh knowing Ash he'll use Torracat lol.

Eh, I wouldn't care. Torracat needs them battles!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
About damn time! I hope he doesn't pull a Hau and just disappear after this episode

I'm happy my boi gets the honors of being the first team boss to have a proper battle with Ash, yes! Hopefully we can see more of this, although not as late into the series :p

Eh, I wouldn't care. Torracat needs them battles!

Plus at least unlike Pikachu and Mudsdale, Torracat's moves will actually damage Golisopod. I'm guessing the battle will end once Torracat does enough damage for emergency exit to kick in though.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Plus at least unlike Pikachu and Mudsdale, Torracat's moves will actually damage Golisopod. I'm guessing the battle will end once Torracat does enough damage for emergency exit to kick in though.
Torracat will Splash gollisopod and it’ll become weak to fighting and fire moves, boom it wins. Alola logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.