• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 31st: SM115 - Guzma, Emperor of Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
https://i.imgur.com/oPCRNzo.png

Okay, so this kind of looks like Ash and Pikachu celebrating a victory, which I hope isn't the case. Beating the Grunts if fine, but the Boss shouldn't be defeated straight away.
if ash wins here, I can almost guarantee he's losing to guzma at the league. At the end of this ep, guzma will be like "fine, I'm joining this stupid thing, I'm going to destroy you all to show you how pathetic you and your stupid league are", and then he beats ash and loses to kukui

Red and Blue

Seeing Ash use Z moves may motivate Guzma to seek out the Bugnium Z for the rematch.

Assuming Guzma loses here I'm hoping he is a league opponent as well

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
if ash wins here, I can almost guarantee he's losing to guzma at the league. At the end of this ep, guzma will be like "fine, I'm joining this stupid thing, I'm going to destroy you all to show you how pathetic you and your stupid league are", and then he beats ash and loses to kukui
That'd be nice. I don't want him to lose to Gladion. The only other option would be the Masked Royal.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
There’s a screenshot of Gladion and Umbreon looking at something (presumably Kukui’s announcement)

It'd probably help if you posted it:
But yeah, it's from anime news website Cho-Animedia, who have apparently been posting exclusive preview galleries for the next episode since late February: https://cho-animedia.jp/anime/84660/

So there's a website to keep an eye on.

Henry's Journey

That would be really... bad imo, Ash losing to a pedantic villain just because? that just doesn't fit, even Alain and Tobias were not villains, I like Guzma and he has his (petty) motivations but I honestly prefer Ash losing to Gladion or Kukui. I know openings are misleading but maybe this time not and Ash vs Kukui happens.

Ohh so Ash is probably winning, that's unexpected, Pikachu looked really bad, poisoned.

Besides waiting for Guzma's big entrance I hope they also give more details about the Alola League, can't wait for this episode.

JC317

It'd probably help if you posted it:
But yeah, it's from anime news website Cho-Animedia, who have apparently been posting exclusive preview galleries for the next episode since late February: https://cho-animedia.jp/anime/84660/

So there's a website to keep an eye on.

So instead of Oha Suta previews, we now get Cho-Animedia preview pics. At least that's easier to share on this forum...

(I know the two have no relation, just joking around)

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Which is kinda ironic, since Team Skull is one of the more popular villainous teams.

Because these guys are meant to be a joke. A gang that does nothing but cause problems, have no real goal and are basically rejects of society.

They, Team Rocket and Team Plasma are my favorite bad guy teams!

DatsRight

to me it's not so much on Ash winning (assuming he does), but how he would, that would effect how people see Guzma.

True but I think the problem is sometimes that the anime has run its formulas into the ground so much that its lost interest in spicing up HOW we come to the same conclusions. Ash beating the region lead battlers or stopping bad guys like Team Rocket has become a more lethargic exercise, the latter especially usually skips all formalities and rarely makes Ash win by legit effort and strategy anymore. If Mother Beast Lusamine was a farce I don't expect Ash to be forced to put up an amazing fight against Guzma. Likely either he loses or plot armour.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
True but I think the problem is sometimes that the anime has run its formulas into the ground so much that its lost interest in spicing up HOW we come to the same conclusions. Ash beating the region lead battlers or stopping bad guys like Team Rocket has become a more lethargic exercise, the latter especially usually skips all formalities and rarely makes Ash win by legit effort and strategy anymore. If Mother Beast Lusamine was a farce I don't expect Ash to be forced to put up an amazing fight against Guzma. Likely either he loses or plot armour.

other than Static kicking in, or Ash using a Z-move (which Guzma could easily use as an out for losing, claiming Ash doesn't have the skill to beat him without it) what other plot armor options are there?

DatsRight

other than Static kicking in, or Ash using a Z-move (which Guzma could easily use as an out for losing, claiming Ash doesn't have the skill to beat him without it) what other plot armor options are there?

DEM Gigavolts Z Move I suppose. Sure Guzma COULD call that out, but doesn't mean they will, when was the last time a bad guy was complicated enough to challenge a hero's victories?

I'm just skeptical because almost always whenever it's a bad guy battle, even the more threatening ones, the writers can't resist using the loophole that the heroes don't have to play by the rules against them to deplete any need for agency. Something ALWAYS stops it in their favour or turns it around into a quick curbstomp. Even the Pikachu vs Mimikyu one despite it supposed to be an official trial they used the excuse it was Team Rocket to use the usual farcical way for Ash to pass; Pikachu gets beaten down, plot armour, five second curbstomp, with barely any agency from Ash to turn it around.

They save their well choreographed battles solely for the official main arc ones, and even those ones currently are being a bit half assed. BW was probably the last series the heroes had to recurrently use some amount of agency to win against bad guys (and also poetically the last time the series called out plot armour wins, when that's all some protagonists have, you don't really wanna devalue it).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.