• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 31st: SM115 - Guzma, Emperor of Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

Oh hey, glad to see they're actually doing something with Guzma's "we don't need a League" line from the games.

There, it was just mentioned once and is never relevant afterward.
That's probably because he was busy being the Dragon to Lusamine.
Here in the anime he doesn't really have much else to do

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I would have been legitimately shocked if Guzma never showed up at all... but while him appearing now is cool and all, why did it have to be abruptly? Couldn't they have shown him, even in the shadows during any one of the times Team Skull bumbled around with their terribly planned schemes? When you're losing to the equally inept Team Rocket, you know your organization is pretty incompetent. That was like the perfect time to let the boss know.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary (the bottom one):

It is said that Professor Kukui and the Skull Gang's boss Guzma are fated to get involved with one another. And thus, on the day Professor Kukui announces the Alola Pokémon League, Guzma watches it live on TV, then comes marching into the Pokémon School.

---

Satoshi and the others have gathered at a specially constructed stage at Aether Paradise after being told by Professor Kukui that an important announcement will be made there. The important announcement ends up being that an "Alola Pokémon League" is going to be held. However, having watched this announcement on TV, the Skull Gang's boss Guzma comes marching into the Pokémon School. It appears there's some sort of connection between Guzma and Professor Kukui.

Also, it turns out that the reason the first one was so weirdly written and seemed to suggest we were already supposed to know who Guzma was was just because the leaker had forgotten to include the phrase "the Skull Gang's boss" in the first line when transcribing it. I've updated it.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So, the Alolan League was built on Aether Paradise or is it the stage for the announcement?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Probably because Alola is almost devoid of special places to hold an announcement that's it better to do it there.

Don't say Battle Royal Dome. The Masked Royal is strangely absent while Kukui is around the public.
True, but if he's going to do it on a stage, why not at the Pokemon School. It could help advertise more parents to send their children to join the school? Kill two Delibirds with one stone. Although maybe it's to give more publicity to the Aether Foundation, seeing as his wife works there.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Okazaki isn't going to voice Guzma, but he will be in the Guzma episode voicing a Skull grunt modeled after himself. We got a bunch of clips from this episode on Pokenchi today, plus a whole lot of clips from next week's episode showing Hyadain and Rinka's characters. Character model sheets and all.

Hope you were watching.

qF6oj8m.png

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

But we've seen other students. And there are a lot of buildings, so maybe.
Maybe those students are all taught by Principal Oak and no one ever learns anything because he can’t stop making puns

All jokes aside, I think Kukui chose to announce it at Aether Paradise for a more grander scale. Everyone knows Kukui as a teacher, not a Pokémon Professor that gives out starters, so there’s that representation for the Pokémon School. They just want the first Alola League to be as hyped as possible to the general public rather than seem like some in-house school festival.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ah, so Okazaki's character isn't Guzma himself, but his hype man. A role I'm sure many would kill to have.

Not surprising, though. I don't hate the guy's voice or anything (I like both SM's first and second endings), but that's not the voice I would've picked. Still, the image that the reason Guzma took so long to appear was that he was too busy creating music for the anime was just too funny to me.

Can't wait to see where this goes.

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Our boi's even bringing new grunts with him!
I wonder if they'll name these new Skull grunts too. (And it'll be some theme as well)
Maybe they'll play OS Butch & Cassidy to Tupper, Zipp, & Rapp's (even worse than) Jessie, James & Meowth.
And will the Skull Trio join in, or will Guzma kick them to the curve for being the worst bad guys ever? ("Step off! Ya'll make dem Rocket bishes look good!")

Status
Not open for further replies.