• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 31st: SM115 - Guzma, Emperor of Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Then why did Torracat get any of those battle before the Pokemon League was coming up. It make me feel like he barely did anything at all.

Because they could have other battles planned for Torracat. Look Hapu and Guzma aren't the end all be all for when it comes to battles before the league. If anything given how we have already seen Ash's Dusk Lycanroc vs Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc, Ash's Rowlet vs Hau's Dartrix, and Ash's Pikachu against Dia's Zeroara all before the league I do think it's quite possible that Ash's Torracat is going to have a rematch against Masked Royal's Incineroar before the league.

togenaught18

To be honest the devolvement of Rowlet isnt much better despiste he has more important battles. I thinked torracat was ok when the "third" SM season started (after poipole arc), but we almost at the end and still torracat almost doesn't have any use and that's bad thing, unless it gets a lot of "rushed" devolvement the next episodes lol ( that's even if is outside royal mask episodes)

dman_dustin

Explain all the other times using a Pokèmon with an advantage would’ve been the best option yet he does the opposite.

In the case of "NOT" using Pikachu, maybe its because some executive meddling was like "NO, that's TOO MUCH Pikachu"

As for regards to his other Pokemon, I don't know outside of story reasons, I mean Litten wouldn't have been good against Olivia and obviously Rockruff and Rowlet were chosen for obvious reasons. As Nanu, that was just Lycanroc story and for forcing the battle to be a 1 vs 3 hence why they made Tapu Bulu give Lycanroc the "sitrus" berry likely to chastise Nanu for being unreasonable (but I can't say for certain WHY the berry was given to Lycanroc for sure). And like I said for story (for past generations).

What we are talking about HERE however is something completely different.

I legitimately can't think of ANY real situation where Pikachu outclassed the Pokemon used against a certain powerful individual, that didn't capitalize on the opponent's weakness. For example I've never seen a situation where Ash used a grass type where the grass type was weak to said Pokemon but said opponent's Pokemon was super weak against Pikachu, and it wasn't A normal battle battle, it was against a super powerful opponent.

The closest I can think of which is contrary to the argument against this is Winona but Ash DID use Pikachu but it lost (same with Skyla).

But I don't recall an instance where Pikachu was Ash's strongest Pokemon, and the Pokemon Ash used instead was at a severe or moderate disadvantage where Ash was stupid NOT to use Pikachu. Look at his team: Lycanroc is both weak and super effective against Golisopod, but unlikely to do much. Golisopod outclasses Torracat. It's unlikely if Rowlet still has peck it's going to be that effective (so neutral at best), and Meltan while reasonable, just doesn't have much of a movepool, and Ash would be an idiot to use Meltan over Pikachu. The only advantage Meltan has is that it resists bug type moves.

I just legitimately cannot see ANY reason why Ash would use ANY other Pokemon against Golisopod. If it was ANY other bug type Pokemon I'd understand, but Golisopod, the one bug Pokemon that's weak to Pikachu? Not sure I understand anyone's logic there.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
In the case of "NOT" using Pikachu, maybe its because some executive meddling was like "NO, that's TOO MUCH Pikachu"

As for regards to his other Pokemon, I don't know outside of story reasons, I mean Litten wouldn't have been good against Olivia and obviously Rockruff and Rowlet were chosen for obvious reasons. As Nanu, that was just Lycanroc story and for forcing the battle to be a 1 vs 3 hence why they made Tapu Bulu give Lycanroc the "sitrus" berry likely to chastise Nanu for being unreasonable (but I can't say for certain WHY the berry was given to Lycanroc for sure). And like I said for story (for past generations).

What we are talking about HERE however is something completely different.

I legitimately can't think of ANY real situation where Pikachu outclassed the Pokemon used against a certain powerful individual, that didn't capitalize on the opponent's weakness. For example I've never seen a situation where Ash used a grass type where the grass type was weak to said Pokemon but said opponent's Pokemon was super weak against Pikachu, and it wasn't A normal battle battle, it was against a super powerful opponent.

The closest I can think of which is contrary to the argument against this is Winona but Ash DID use Pikachu but it lost (same with Skyla).

But I don't recall an instance where Pikachu was Ash's strongest Pokemon, and the Pokemon Ash used instead was at a severe or moderate disadvantage where Ash was stupid NOT to use Pikachu. Look at his team: Lycanroc is both weak and super effective against Golisopod, but unlikely to do much. Golisopod outclasses Torracat. It's unlikely if Rowlet still has peck it's going to be that effective (so neutral at best), and Meltan while reasonable, just doesn't have much of a movepool, and Ash would be an idiot to use Meltan over Pikachu. The only advantage Meltan has is that it resists bug type moves.

I just legitimately cannot see ANY reason why Ash would use ANY other Pokemon against Golisopod. If it was ANY other bug type Pokemon I'd understand, but Golisopod, the one bug Pokemon that's weak to Pikachu? Not sure I understand anyone's logic there.
So basically “It just works this time because of hypotheticals and double standards”. I’m ending this here

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Wont lie but guzma looks savage in this episode, i am hoping he along with plumeria will bring some love to team skull, and happy to ee pikachu getting smashed. Also all the kahunas are here are they gonna participate in the league in some form?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Wont lie but guzma looks savage in this episode, i am hoping he along with plumeria will bring some love to team skull, and happy to ee pikachu getting smashed. Also all the kahunas are here are they gonna participate in the league in some form?

I hope we see something of her Salazzle soon, apart from the two smaller komodos that is the one Alola Pokemon that felt underused and neglected. Pushed out of Totem status and shoehorned onto Lusamine's team to appear once and never again
Almost every other Alola Pokemon's had an episode dedicated to it

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Golisopod knows First Impression (it was going to know this no matter what) and Poison Jab. Guzma looks friendlier? than he did in the games which is really weird. Wonder if Emergency Exit will activate before the poison takes its toll on Pikachu.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I like how Nanu looks like he doesn’t want to be there at all
Or maybe it's the constant cameras on him, or both. I feel like he would see travelling anywhere as being unnecessary.

Mike999246

Oh hey, I got my wish. it looks like Golisopod WILL wipe the floor with Pikachu! :D

Though chances are Ash will pull some BS come from behind win like he tends to do...<_<

Nah I think Pikachu will genuinely lose this one. I can definitely see Golisopod using Savage Spin Out on Pikachu when it's down.

At this point I think Kukui will do something to stop Guzma (probably use Braviary)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh hey, I got my wish. it looks like Golisopod WILL wipe the floor with Pikachu! :D

Though chances are Ash will pull some BS come from behind win like he tends to do...<_<
Golisopod is weak against Electric moves, and its Special Defense is average at best. I'm still betting on its Ability activating and bringing out Masquerain or another Bug mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.