• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 3rd: SM111 - Arrival in Alola! Melty Metal Panic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
,New summary:

Back when Satoshi and the others returned from Poni Island, a mysterious lifeform got on the ship with them. This lifeform ate Kojiro's precious collection at the secret Rocket Gang base, tools at the Pokémon School, and more, causing a huge uproar. Is this a new species of Pokémon?!

dman_dustin

I'm going to assume/speculate, that this will heavily be about Team Rocket, and the usual gang will have a minor role in this episode (in context to Meltan), because otherwise I feel like the following episode's title would inherently contradict this episode's existence. Which is why I have to assume this is a two parter in the way where Ash and company barely interact with Meltan than Team Rocket.

Because otherwise it'll be strange, to interact with Meltan for a decent chunk of time, but then SUDDENLY the next episode is "A New Species Has Been Discovered?" because if the group (including Kukui maybe) had any meaningful interaction with Meltan in this episode, why wouldn't the "New Species" aspect be relevant to the title in this episode?

I mean sure there's the whole (possible), the titles have done that before, where the first episode doesn't indicate vital importance that the 2nd/two parter episode would more accurately convey. I just think it would make more sense to have Ash and Company having a minor role with Meltan, but go to great lengths to saving Meltan, and that's the episode, and then at the end "What is this thing?" leading to the next episode.

It'll be weird and chaotic, if they are trying to figure out what it is IN this episode for a good chunk of the episode, but Team Rocket "plot" gets in the way, and that at the end they are still wondering what Meltan is following up the next episode. It is possible, I just would find it more weird than just having Meltan be a rare "appearance" for Ash and Company, knowing it exists, maybe trying to find it, Team Rocket plot happens, Ash and Company rescue Meltan only for them to be like "So what is this thing actually?" which makes more sense to me.

Though I guess its possible, they are interacting with it for the beginning of the episode. James freaks out about what it did, and it gets abducted or goes missing, Ash and company save it, and that takes up most of the episode, leading up to follow up episode.

Well it'll be awhile, so I guess we'll wait for a preview, to see just how its interacting with the group, or what the preview shows.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm going to assume/speculate, that this will heavily be about Team Rocket, and the usual gang will have a minor role in this episode (in context to Meltan), because otherwise I feel like the following episode's title would inherently contradict this episode's existence. Which is why I have to assume this is a two parter in the way where Ash and company barely interact with Meltan than Team Rocket.

Because otherwise it'll be strange, to interact with Meltan for a decent chunk of time, but then SUDDENLY the next episode is "A New Species Has Been Discovered?" because if the group (including Kukui maybe) had any meaningful interaction with Meltan in this episode, why wouldn't the "New Species" aspect be relevant to the title in this episode?

I mean sure there's the whole (possible), the titles have done that before, where the first episode doesn't indicate vital importance that the 2nd/two parter episode would more accurately convey. I just think it would make more sense to have Ash and Company having a minor role with Meltan, but go to great lengths to saving Meltan, and that's the episode, and then at the end "What is this thing?" leading to the next episode.

It'll be weird and chaotic, if they are trying to figure out what it is IN this episode for a good chunk of the episode, but Team Rocket "plot" gets in the way, and that at the end they are still wondering what Meltan is following up the next episode. It is possible, I just would find it more weird than just having Meltan be a rare "appearance" for Ash and Company, knowing it exists, maybe trying to find it, Team Rocket plot happens, Ash and Company rescue Meltan only for them to be like "So what is this thing actually?" which makes more sense to me.

Though I guess its possible, they are interacting with it for the beginning of the episode. James freaks out about what it did, and it gets abducted or goes missing, Ash and company save it, and that takes up most of the episode, leading up to follow up episode.

Well it'll be awhile, so I guess we'll wait for a preview, to see just how its interacting with the group, or what the preview shows.

I hope their role is big here, it'd certainly help make up for their lack of absence recently.

Really we're due for another TRio centric episode, hopefully we get one soon. Before Lana gets another -.-

JC317

I guess the scene where Professor Kukui oversees the construction of the league in the OP will probably be replaced with scenes featuring Meltan starting this episode.

Now that I think about it, the scene depicted in the OP is probably what Professor Kukui has been up to while Ash and company are on Poni Island. Hopefully Professor Kukui will mention that before the episode focuses on Meltan...

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I guess the scene where Professor Kukui oversees the construction of the league in the OP will probably be replaced with scenes featuring Meltan starting this episode.

Now that I think about it, the scene depicted in the OP is probably what Professor Kukui has been up to while Ash and company are on Poni Island. Hopefully Professor Kukui will mention that before the episode focuses on Meltan...
while I believe the scene will stay until the league proper begins, kukui is in the list for this week's episode....

D

Deleted member 384931

Crap, you're right. Wasn't paying attention.

That's a screenshot of the VA list, what about it?
Someone on Bulbagarden thought it was strange and nobody could translate it, so I thought I put it here.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Professor Oak already, nice!
I'm glad they're keeping him in on the whole Meltan thing.

Zariful

Oak might even ask Ashton to catch Meltan so he can study it to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.