• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 3rd: SM111 - Arrival in Alola! Melty Metal Panic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oak might even ask Ashton to catch Meltan so he can study it to be honest.
There's a lot of them, so it could be another Taurus situation. Don't know who this "Ashton" you speak of is.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
There's a lot of them, so it could be another Taurus situation. Don't know who this "Ashton" you speak of is.
It is Satoshi's fan fiction full name for "Ash" it is kind stupid if you asking me about it .

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
At least James goes after them to get revenge. Maybe he might end up catching one and it along with the one that someone else might get will all eventually become Melmetal. It'd be nice if Ash and co. and Team Rocket are all emotionally invested in the same Pokemon.

Preview

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/episodes/

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
At least James goes after them to get revenge. Maybe he might end up catching one and it along with the one that someone else might get will all eventually become Melmetal. It'd be nice if Ash and co. and Team Rocket are all emotionally invested in the same Pokemon.

Preview

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/episodes/

Oh I would so love it if that happened!
That's what I wanted to happen with the Blue Zygarde core back in XYZ. It'd be nice if they could have involvement in the plot this time around instead of spectating/not existing like the Nebby, Ultra Beasts, and Poni arc.

D

Deleted member 384931

Meh the preview looks ok. But not really interesting to me yet.

playerking

I really hope they leave that Magneton's fate ambiguous so as to make the audience wonder if it really was eaten.
Don't you think that's a bit dark for a kids show, once they find out what Meltan were doing (if they don't know already)?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Don't you think that's a bit dark for a kids show, once they find out what Meltan were doing (if they don't know already)?
It would be 'dark' because the adults would think it that way.
For many kids it might be funny, at how the Meltan was trying to eat Magneton.

Remember, its not the kids who define what is dark or bad for them. Its the adult who do it (and some take it to far too).
So, while for some it might seem dark or bad; but for the kids themselves it might be a mindless funny thing, which they would forget within a few days.

Best example would be shows like, "Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner" (on "Looney Tunes"), which technically had a lot of dark moments (like getting blown away, and stuff like that), but most kids used to find them funny then. But now that they are adult, and the view of society affect them more, they would find it dark and bad now.

playerking

It would be 'dark' because the adults would think it that way.
For many kids it might be funny, at how the Meltan was trying to eat Magneton.

Remember, its not the kids who define what is dark or bad for them. Its the adult who do it (and some take it to far too).
So, while for some it might seem dark or bad; but for the kids themselves it might be a mindless funny thing, which they would forget within a few days.

Best example would be shows like, "Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner" (on "Looney Tunes"), which technically had a lot of dark moments (like getting blown away, and stuff like that), but most kids used to find them funny then. But now that they are adult, and the view of society affect them more, they would find it dark and bad now.
Sure, they'd eventually forget it, but they'd no doubt know that the Meltan are technically trying to kill Magneton, which the kids would know is a living creature. And unlike other cartoons, Magneton is not going to survive something if the Meltan completely go through with consuming it and Magneton will not be resurrected. I think kids are smart enough to know this and not saying it would scar them, but to leave it ambiguous would have them questioning whether or not it was murdered, if they remember the Magneton from earlier.

Meltan is getting its eye stretched out and we’re worrying about James?

True, but at least Meltan's eye will be fine, but some of James's bottle caps have been partially or maybe even completely eaten.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Oh please. Something bad ALWAYS happens to James' bottle caps. It's the reason they exist. :p

And yeah, very concerned about that Magneton. Sure, they're more machine than creature, but seeing it eaten onscreen like an animals eaten by a school of piranha or a swarm of insects on nature show isn't I'm sure I want to see (even if it is fascinating)

And I already have this sinking feeling I'm going to hate Meltan even more than I did Poipole...<_<

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So, did anything happen in today's episode? There's still no thread for it.

Red and Blue

Well they did show one approaching Rowlet in the preview. I have a feeling that's the odd one out in the group who is the least chaotic. Which is perfect for Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.