• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 5th: PM2019 058 - Panic! The Gokulin Ball!! / Come On, Kamukame Turtle Race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Litleonid

I absolutely hate these 2-in-1 episodes. They're nothing but filler and they're worse than a normal filler. The Slowking one was one of the worst Pokemon episodes ever. It was just one annoying, repetitive gag and it really soured my opinion on these episodes. The 2nd was no better. I think they're even more frustrating when you're just waiting for Ash focus.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Nothing to be really excited about here for me, but could be entertaining. Gulpin are sort of cute too.

So far though, I have mixed feelings about the gatcha machine. Team rocket seem to have endless pokemon... it's stupid that they apparently need to steal more but an organization is an organization and its not like super rich business' in our world stop making money because they're already the wealthiest business. But hording is hording nonetheless! Back to the gatcha though, I do enjoy the pokemon that come out of it, most of the time, and usually they match some part of the episode, usually the theme. Those are nice touches. But to me, the gatcha machine totally messed up the whole point of TRio and any good emotional connection they could have with their own pokemon... besides wobbufet but if anyone isn't sick of it already then good on ya lol.

mystreon

the elder eevee
I absolutely hate these 2-in-1 episodes. They're nothing but filler and they're worse than a normal filler. The Slowking one was one of the worst Pokemon episodes ever. It was just one annoying, repetitive gag and it really soured my opinion on these episodes. The 2nd was no better. I think they're even more frustrating when you're just waiting for Ash focus.
omg someone gets it, that episode was absolute ****ing garbage, t hey didnt erven have slowking talk.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I don't really mind the Gatcha machine. It fully takes advantage of PM2019 promoting all Pokemon.

Though once Chewtle eventually evolves it may motivate the trio to use it more and add more Galarian Pokemon to the machine
The gatcha machine is a spit in the face of Team Rocket fans.

It's insulting.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The gatcha machine is a spit in the face of Team Rocket fans.

It's insulting.
I agree with this. One of the best things about TR was the connection they had with their Pokemon. We saw it as far back as when they had Arbok, Weezing and Victreebel, but now? We don't even get a glimmer of love for any Pokemon. Heck, even Wobbuffet gets next to no interaction with Jessie at this point.. and it's with them all the time!

I know they've brought in the gatcha so that they can cram as many Pokemon species as possible into Journeys, but it comes at the cost of ruining something that a lot of us loved about Jessie and James as characters..

Red and Blue

Perhaps I missed it but was it explained why Giovanni gave the Gatcha to the trio? Felt like part of a big promotion

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I think a good way to improve the Gatchat would be to make it talk. Have it be a character that can interact with the Rockets and maybe bring some kind of unique character dynamic to table. I only say this because I've been questioning why it has a face but doesn't seeem to have any sort of AI.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think a good way to improve the Gatchat would be to make it talk. Have it be a character that can interact with the Rockets and maybe bring some kind of unique character dynamic to table. I only say this because I've been questioning why it has a face but doesn't seeem to have any sort of AI.
Or just give them strong Pokémon that could actually be a threat. Like we went from tyranitar and Gyarados to houndour and poochyena. Or atleast take advantage of it to make battles unique, they haven't really been doing that at all

Status
Not open for further replies.