• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Thinking about it more. The description makes it sound like that this episode has SM type comedy. I hope that's not the case because SM is my least favorite series.
What is “SM type comedy” supposed to mean even

images

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What is “SM type comedy” supposed to mean even

images
Injuries that randomly hurt Ash the most.

Compared to before, an obscene amount of shout outs to other anime.

Lots of WTF?! faces, which happen like 5 or so times every episode, mostly out of nowhere and unnecessary (remember Pikachu and Popplio looking for something underwater?)

johno1995

Injuries that randomly hurt Ash the most.

Compared to before, an obscene amount of shout outs to other anime.

Lots of WTF?! faces, which happen like 5 or so times every episode, mostly out of nowhere and unnecessary (remember Pikachu and Popplio looking for something underwater?)

He’s been the butt of slapstick injuries in this series too thus far. I’ve come to accept that part of his character is taking Pokémon attacks and abuse in stride. It was more subtle in previous series but even DP and XY featured episodes where Ash was the butt of the jokes.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
johno1995 said:
He’s been the butt of slapstick injuries in this series too thus far. I’ve come to accept that part of his character is taking Pokémon attacks and abuse in stride. It was more subtle in previous series but even DP and XY featured episodes where Ash was the butt of the jokes.

Frankly, I don't even mind when he gets attacked by Pokemon since it's a recurring part of his character since the early days of the anime. He's the perfect character to be at Gangar's mercy here from my viewpoint due of that. If Koharu or Gou had been cursed instead, this episode probably wouldn't turn out to be as funny since they're not intended to be comedy-driven characters the same way that Satoshi usually is.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
#Gengar4Ash but it could still stay recurrent and not be catched for now, I hope it doesn't pull a Krokorok, it took too much time to catch it.

It'll be annoying if they drag it out, it's appearances will just feel too similar until it's finally caught.
Gengar causes chaos at the lab, Ash/Go tries to capture it, Gengar leaves....

It's likely Gengar will get caught here thankfully so I'm not too worried

Juaquin

The Chosen One
please let gengar be the haunter from O.S. all im asking for and ill let ash slide for getting another kanto pokemon

Red and Blue

please let gengar be the haunter from O.S. all im asking for and ill let ash slide for getting another kanto pokemon
If it was the same Haunter from OS it most certainly would have recognized Ash instead of attacking him. And it probably wouldn't be cursing him in this episode as well.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
If it was the same Haunter from OS it most certainly would have recognized Ash instead of attacking him. And it probably wouldn't be cursing him in this episode as well.
didnt they all attack him in the original episode and he literally died because of it? and cursing him could be him playing around with ash

Red and Blue

didnt they all attack him in the original episode and he literally died because of it? and cursing him could be him playing around with ash
Yeah but that was during their first meeting. That specific Haunter bonded with Ash so it would try and reunite with him instead of attacking him

Leonhart

Imagineer
Juaquin said:

That would've been made apparent when this Gangar first appeared a few episodes ago if that were the case. I don't understand the recent theories about older Pokemon returning, especially in the case of Ghost given that it was with Natsume in Yamabuki City the last time that we saw it, and there would have to be a very good reason for it go back into the wild again and for why it would suddenly be in Kuchiba City.

Status
Not open for further replies.