1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: The bEGGinning of greatness!

If the curse happens because of Cursed Body this might not end well

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Cursing a Dragonite only turns it into Iris' hug-hating Dragonite.

3. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

What is “SM type comedy” supposed to mean even

[​IMG]

4. AuraChannelerChris

Injuries that randomly hurt Ash the most.

Compared to before, an obscene amount of shout outs to other anime.

Lots of WTF?! faces, which happen like 5 or so times every episode, mostly out of nowhere and unnecessary (remember Pikachu and Popplio looking for something underwater?)

CMButch, Zoruagible, RLC and 3 others like this.
  5. johno1995

johno1995 Well-Known Member

He’s been the butt of slapstick injuries in this series too thus far. I’ve come to accept that part of his character is taking Pokémon attacks and abuse in stride. It was more subtle in previous series but even DP and XY featured episodes where Ash was the butt of the jokes.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  6. AuraChannelerChris

Not as exaggerated as in SM, however.

RLC likes this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Frankly, I don't even mind when he gets attacked by Pokemon since it's a recurring part of his character since the early days of the anime. He's the perfect character to be at Gangar's mercy here from my viewpoint due of that. If Koharu or Gou had been cursed instead, this episode probably wouldn't turn out to be as funny since they're not intended to be comedy-driven characters the same way that Satoshi usually is.

8. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

#Gengar4Ash but it could still stay recurrent and not be catched for now, I hope it doesn't pull a Krokorok, it took too much time to catch it.

Ubermuk likes this.
  9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

It'll be annoying if they drag it out, it's appearances will just feel too similar until it's finally caught.
    Gengar causes chaos at the lab, Ash/Go tries to capture it, Gengar leaves....

It's likely Gengar will get caught here thankfully so I'm not too worried

mehmeh1 likes this.
  10. Juaquin

Juaquin Well-Known Member

please let gengar be the haunter from O.S. all im asking for and ill let ash slide for getting another kanto pokemon

11. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

If it was the same Haunter from OS it most certainly would have recognized Ash instead of attacking him. And it probably wouldn't be cursing him in this episode as well.

wolf jani likes this.
  12. Juaquin

didnt they all attack him in the original episode and he literally died because of it? and cursing him could be him playing around with ash

13. AuraChannelerChris

You all know the rules. We can't have that kind of Kanto call back unless it's about Misty or Brock physically appearing.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  14. Red and Blue

Yeah but that was during their first meeting. That specific Haunter bonded with Ash so it would try and reunite with him instead of attacking him

15. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

Writers be here not giving a **** about Ash's Bulbasaur and some of you are hoping it's Ash's Haunter lmao

16. Juaquin

yet ash's bulbasaur has appeared in every series except for XY they care about it

17. Red and Blue

To think we wouldn't be having this discussion if Ash actually did officially catch that Haunter

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  18. No offence but what is the point of dicussion a pokemon who cleary isnt the pokemon from 20 years ago? Jeez how can pdople still be salty about a thing that didnt happen 20 years ago?

19. Red and Blue

It night be because he never got a Ghost Pokemon since then.

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  20. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

That would've been made apparent when this Gangar first appeared a few episodes ago if that were the case. I don't understand the recent theories about older Pokemon returning, especially in the case of Ghost given that it was with Natsume in Yamabuki City the last time that we saw it, and there would have to be a very good reason for it go back into the wild again and for why it would suddenly be in Kuchiba City.

Ubermuk and Kazuniya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.