1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga The cutest EVER!!!!

I think i'm the only one who don't want that Ash catch Gengar (but he is certainly getting it, if the merchs are some indicative).

2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Quite a lot of members don't want Ash to catch Gengar actually. Mostly because they don't want Ash to catch another Kanto Pokemon when he has three already

3. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: ???

He getting interesting captures makes the fact he is catching only Kanto pokémon more acceptable
    But I hope he catches pokémon from other regions too, of course

SerGoldenhandtheJust and Ubermuk like this.
  4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

A good amount of us have come to accept it though. It's mostly the Kanto thing that is annoying, probably wouldn't be so bad honestly if they didn't do that pointless retcon with Mimey. Then it'd just be three Kanto Pokemon hanging around and not four...

Well there is Lucario

5. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

I wouldn't count Dragonite or Gengar as interesting. If they wanted interesting, they'd have gone with Exeggcute, or Doduo, or Parasect. Dragonite and Gengar are such boring choices.

6. Red and Blue

Mimey could be considered an "interesting" choice. It's both marketable and quirky. They could of had his first Psychic type be something like Alakazam

7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I could tolerate Gangar being in the cast under Satoshi's ownership if it does come to that, my main problem is mainly some of the unlikely scenarios for Gangar's supposed origin story like the Ghost theory that was brought up before.

8. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I want Ash to catch that Litwick more or at least other Gen Pokemon(especially Gen 8) and not just Gen 1.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  9. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

Don't remind me of that...

Here we are, in a new generation, and Ash is actually traveling through multiple regions. His team, of course, is just Kanto Pokemon. It makes me wanna cry.

10. Cptnmac1

Cptnmac1 Well-Known Member

Well his next most likely capture is riolu so atleast it seems the whole saga won't be just kanto Pokemon. After Gengar I hope the only kanto Pokemon he gets are ones that evolve into Pokemon in later generations

11. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

Honestly such a wish-fulfillment-fanservice-pandering kind of capture is probably the second worst thing following a Kanto capture, for me.

I personally do not want Riolu or Lucario anywhere near Ash. (No I do not care about aura)

But maybe the writers would actually do it.

12. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

I still don't know why people are penciling in Riolu. Don't tell me merchandise since that doesn't mean much.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  13. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Considering that we literally had something that showed Ash's current team and implies that is going be getting 2 more pokemon on his team probably soon, it's not that much of a stretch to think that one of the 2 pokemon might be one of the ones that is appearing on a lot of merchandise recently. Also while sure there have been cases where something is just merchandise but, there have been also cases where merchandise directly hinted at a pokemon joining the main cast or that a pokemon would be evolving soon.

14. Red and Blue

Of course merchandise means a lot. A majority of the captures going to the main cast are spoiled through toys, t shirts, and other merch

15. Cptnmac1

Honestly, a lot of the captures seem to be a bit fan service with dragonite and a possible Gengar. Hopefully we get a few out there captures that we wouldn't expect later

That's exactly why people are. You're right that merch doesn't necessarily mean a capture, it more often than not just means the Pokemon will appear in the future, but sometimes it does. Before dragonite, there were a few pieces of dragonair merch and there's been a buttload of Gengar merch. People are banking on riolu simply because both riolu and Lucario are constantly appearing in merch and if the writers are giving ash the most popular Pokemon, there's not a Pokemon that people have been speculating for years for ash more than lucario

16. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

They also stick Eevee in a lot the merchandise. In fact, it is likely the most promoted old Pokemon besides Pikachu in this series. I don't see many people expecting Ash to get Eevee now on here.

Also, it is kind of amazing how people magically forget about Go when it comes to potential captures.

Ubermuk likes this.
  17. Red and Blue

No one forgot about Go. But that doesn't mean we should stop speculating captures got Ash.

18. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Except that's not really a good comparison considering that Eevee is literally 2nd mascot of pokemon. While Lucario is popular, Riolu on the other hand doesn't have really the same amount of popularity as Lucario or some of the other popular mons. Also again there is literally merch that shows Ash's current team with 2 spots that are being kept hidden that strongly imply Ash is going to get 2 more pokemon.

Also it's not like Eevee hasn't been suggested but it's more that Riolu has less reason to be popping up in a lot merchandise. Also just because Go's goal is to capture every pokemon(with some exceptions) doesn't mean that Ash isn't going to catch more pokemon. It's ridiculous to try to use the argument that "oh but Go could get it", when that could literally apply to any pokemon. So I don't see why people can't speculate on Ash getting a Riolu when one is appearing in a lot of merch and there is merch on top of that implying that Ash is going to be getting 2 more captures soon.

19. Cptnmac1

Eevee is almost treated as a secondary mascot behind pickachu these days so it's not really weird for it to appear in merch.

As for Go, unless he starts using his Pokemon as frequently as scorbunny, there's really no need to advertise his Pokemon as heavily as ashs. Ash will end up using whatever Pokemon he captures more than Go since he's entering a world tournament. Merch is usually for Pokemon we'll see a lot of and since Go his constantly capturing Pokemon that we only ever occasionally see, I don't see his captures getting much merch unless he starts using them more frequently

20. Juaquin

Juaquin Well-Known Member

where can i find this image?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.