1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

Being disappointed is part of the Pokémon anime experience

2. BabaVanga

BabaVanga Well-Known Member

Like Galar starters... (even though I like Grookey)

3. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Or poor Chespin. I'll always be bitter Ash didn't got it. Starter split are pointless one 1/3 of the cast is the useless role.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

It's BECAUSE they're "fan-favorites". Ash doesn't need to get overhyped Pokemon, he should get oddball ones instead, which is why, why I have problems with how Mimey got onto his team, I don't mind him having a Mr. Mime.

5. pancakemonster

pancakemonster Does this look like the face of mercy?

I love Gengar but man seeing Ash with 4 Kanto Pokémon on hand would hurt bad.

6. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

I disagree because I don't think Ash should be restricted to what he can and can't get just because gets a few "fan-favorites" sure he may get some oddball pokemon however, it would seem weird to just not give him any "fan-favorites" mons and only give him odd ball ones but then turned around and give Go free reign pretty much to get whatever. Ash and Go are both main characters and in all honestly regardless of how people feel about what they catch neither of them should be restricted to what they can catch.

Plus if you want to say well Ash doesn't need certain pokemon, will guess what technically Ash doesn't need to capture anything then because he his reserves, but as we know that doesn't prevent from getting more captures. Sure everyone have their preferences as to what they want Ash to get or not get. However just because you may prefer Ash to not get a certain pokemon doesn't mean he should, and let's face it regardless of what your going to have some people that don't like what Ash catches no matter what pokemon the writers give him.

wolf jani likes this.
  7. TheWanderingMist

I despise the pandering aspect of what Ash seems to be getting. Gengar and Lucario have yet to go a single region without appearing in an episode, and Lucario gets multiple episodes any time it shows up. Dragonite is just extra Kanto pandering that makes it worse.

8. Juaquin

Juaquin Well-Known Member

Kanto pokemon just sell better than other pokemon so why not give them to ash and from the looks of it hes getting the really popular pokemon, and the only 4 Kanto pokemon left i see going to ash who are well known would be Alakazam Machamp Arcnanine and Gyrados

9. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

And in the case of those 4 Ash already has Pokemon with those types. Primeape, Mr. Mime, Charizard, and Squirtle/Kingler. Among them I feel Machamp has the best chance if they changed their minds on Primeape still being available or not (which I really hope they don't do). Arcanine and Gyarados have the least chance due to having to compete with the starters.

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Screw it. Let Ash catch all the popular Pokemon.

Go can Go play with his three Cascoon.

11. Juaquin

Juaquin Well-Known Member

hes been doing it since the beginning but since gen 6 i believe ash's team always had special promo pokemon hell his entire Gen 7 team had something special about it, 2 starters, special form lycanroc, an ultra beast, and a mythical

12. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

I meant all all, not just all his current full team.

wolf jani likes this.
  13. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

I already went through the Kanto pandering feels with Ash catching Dragonite and got over it so I’m so ready for this Gengar to be caught and be a powerhouse.

Although this makes me curious when we will see gigantamax Gengar

wolf jani likes this.
  14. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Whenever Ash takes Gengar and using dyanamax I guess

15. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

I hope Ash get many fan-favorites this series! (is Dunsparce a fan-favorite?) Gengar, Lucario, return of Greninja, Melmetal, Incineroar, etc.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    RLC, Leonhart and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

As opposed to the other generations when he had that many or more generational Pokemon on hand? Like in 2nd generation having 5 on hand at any given time.

Sure you could argue there is a difference, but it's not like Ash is travelling solely IN the Galar region, so it wouldn't make that much sense to argue.

Besides Pikachu and Mr. Mime, should be considered older generation Pokemon that Ash has that they want to show off, Pikachu for obvious reasons, Mr. Mime likely due to increased popularity (and likely to contrast Galarian Mr. Mime)

Even with Gengar, Ash still would've only caught 2 Kanto Pokemon this generation, only 2 Pokemon are "new" and of 1st generation. Pretty sure Ash has to catch more than a full team, and there's still other captures he can make.

Unfortunately fan favorite Pokemon tend to be the a fan favorite for a reason.

I would hate for Ash to be forced to catch a Pyukumuku just simply because they have to adhere to a ridiculous "oddball" qualifier. Pyukumuku does not fit Ash who wants to battle and wants to be one of the strongest Pokemon.

And if you suggest a strong Pokemon Ash can catch that is an odd ball, probably already is a fan favorite, just not yours.

Even I admit, Ash catching Phantump would be PURE fan service, and it only fits him because he should've caught it in Kalos, but they probably didn't want to deal with the whole Trevenant thing, and they didn't want him to have weak Pokemon going into the league.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  17. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

Agreed. I for the longest time have always wanted Ash to catch Gengar or Gastly (to make up for that Haunter from way back then) nothing wrong with with that, I remember friends from school always wanted Ash to catch a Lucario many years ago..

I think the issue some people have is because some of those mons are from Kanto but I don't mind/care really, they're all Pokémon no matter what gen they belong.

RLC likes this.
  18. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

I just want ash to get a lucario and Espeon as those are the only two mons that felt cheated out of ash to me. Rest I don't mind whatever he catches as long as he catches galar mons (doesn't necessarily have to be the starters) I would like him to get toxtricity tho :p

19. TheWanderingMist

They only sell better because Pokemon won't. Stop. Promoting. Them. Constantly. Other generations would sell equally well if they were actually given the spotlight that Kanto continuously steals.

20. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X Gigantamax Toxtricity

After Gengar, I hope Ash's next capture won't be Gen 1 Pokemon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.