• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Just wait until tomorrow morning to see if Gengar is in the VA list or not. If it's caught it should appear next episode

Not really, only if it has a speaking role, and at least Gengar could point to a capture.

But it's definitely not going to be confirmed until Sunday, which isn't too long from now, but I'm still not sure I'm quite looking forward to Ash potentially not getting Gengar.

On top of that, there's the remote chance Sakuragi captures Gengar or one of his assistants. Why? Your guess is as good as mine, why that would be the case.

Cptnmac1

Not really, only if it has a speaking role, and at least Gengar could point to a capture.

But it's definitely not going to be confirmed until Sunday, which isn't too long from now, but I'm still not sure I'm quite looking forward to Ash potentially not getting Gengar.

On top of that, there's the remote chance Sakuragi captures Gengar or one of his assistants. Why? Your guess is as good as mine, why that would be the case.

I think it's pretty likely ash is getting Gengar. We know he's getting it 2 captures soon and with the new titles having no ash capture in sight, its very likely that Gengar is going to be one of them

Red and Blue

Well we know next episode starts with Ash and Go having a battle. Ash could use Gengar which would explain Scorbunny's motivation to learning a Fire type move

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
After the Unova episode I think there just has to be some captures like that because Go is also getting them, it'd be silly that Go can capture powerful Mons like Darmanitan and Golurk that he can instantly whip out to save the day while Satoshi lags behind with weaklings and Pikachu.
I think that’s an apples and oranges situation, Go’s goal is to snag all Pokémon no matter what levels, stage or level of bonding. Satoshi’s goal is that of actually training and battling, if his penultimate goal is fight the supposed strongest trainer in the world but this showdown comes at the work of Pokémon he didn’t really grow alongside it makes it feel somewhat hollow. Ultimately Go has caught strong Pokémon, but mostly worthless shitmons. They don’t enhance his goal via their strength, they’re just checks on his checklist. He didn’t want the strongest Tamanta he just wanted any Tamanta and their power doesn’t really offer him much payoff. Hihidaruma only came to use Overheat at the end but other Pokémon contributed, Strike jobbed very fast, etc.
I stand by my assumption that we'll get a mix of conventional growth arcs and ready for action captures, we just haven't gotten to the former yet. In Riolu/Galar starters we trust.
I ultimately wonder what to think of the Galarian Starters at this point. They’ll obviously appear but the more time wasted the longer the clock winds down for some development. I certainly don’t want to see Satoshi just catch some final stage Inteleon for example. Not when the first stage offers the perfect personality and criteria for a series-spanning character arc. I also personally don’t mind one but literally Barrierd, Kairyu and Gangar are strong and fully evolved as they are. That kind of takes away from the whole “journey” aspect of the show and satisfaction that I get from watching Satoshi actually do stuff with these Pokémon to bring them to where they are.

Fortunately the Hibunny episode shows character development isn’t being foregone in PM’s more episodic format versus long-standing growth and payoff/rewards so I guess we’ll see. If Satoshi does get Gangar I honestly don’t think it should necessarily become all friendly and compliant to his order. Especially if it’s been holding such nasty feelings for a while and is portrayed to be so blatantly malicious. It’s like with Hakuryu, they could have shown him getting it as it is and left the “growing arms to protect” thing for a latter plot, more excusable since it was a cute lesson. But Barrierd specifically was never really a battler nor Satoshi’s, so why not make something out of that?

Rohanator

I think that’s an apples and oranges situation, Go’s goal is to snag all Pokémon no matter what levels, stage or level of bonding. Satoshi’s goal is that of actually training and battling, if his penultimate goal is fight the supposed strongest trainer in the world but this showdown comes at the work of Pokémon he didn’t really grow alongside it makes it feel somewhat hollow. Ultimately Go has caught strong Pokémon, but mostly worthless shitmons. They don’t enhance his goal via their strength, they’re just checks on his checklist. He didn’t want the strongest Tamanta he just wanted any Tamanta and their power doesn’t really offer him much payoff. Hihidaruma only came to use Overheat at the end but other Pokémon contributed, Strike jobbed very fast, etc.

Maybe the Unova raid will end up being an exception but the fact is that we have now been shown that Go can and will just get strong Mons to solve problems when necessary, I agree about the difference between his and Satoshi's goals but I'm purely speaking in terms of what we're gonna see happening on screen and if Go will just use a bunch of different strong Mons early I think it'd be weird if Satoshi didn't do the same, we can't go on adventures and have Go have access to his godtier Golurk AND whatever Mon he just caught 5 minutes ago while Satoshi only uses Pikachu, it's boring, seeing Dragonite in the raid was fun, if you're not gonna do the classic build up formula then at least go all out on the fun.

Asking what the point of a Galar starter would be is kinda weird, like can a show not introduce new key characters later? Just because they don't have exactly all 140+ episodes for them doesn't mean that a Grookey or Sobble couldn't be just as good of a character as a past starter. PM2019 could just be spacing things out differently due to not being forced to feature all starters immediately, like maybe Grookey is this series' Poipole or something.

I also just don't think every Mons needs to go through some literal growth to not feel like it's been through a journey with Satoshi. Snivy and Hawlucha for example didn't change at all after joining him, did they not grow alongside him regardless?

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I think this was already mentioned, but just in case, I noticed that in the preview, when Ash and Go are infront of the trainer an his girlfriend, Gengar appears coming out of Ash's shadow. In this how Gengar "curses" someone? I really hope this is another clue of Ash capturing him.

catch am all

I think this was already mentioned, but just in case, I noticed that in the preview, when Ash and Go are infront of the trainer an his girlfriend, Gengar appears coming out of Ash's shadow. In this how Gengar "curses" someone? I really hope this is another clue of Ash capturing him.
it was latched onto him all the way i think and poped-up when both go & ash confronted the trainer & his girlfriend

dman_dustin

So that article confirms Gengar for Ash?

If it does it looks like it won't happen tomorrow since Gengar isn't in the VA list for next week's episode

There was a reason why I wasn't too keen on waiting for the VA list.

The summary of the presumed capture confirmed my fears.

Gengar (at the moment) is most definitely not going to be a Pokemon that's just going to casually show up. Since it seems there might be more to do with Gengar, they're going to wait until those episodes to use Gengar. For now it's just going to sit in its Poke ball.

I mean Dragonite isn't going to be in the episode, and I know this because I'm pretty sure it would take precedence over a stupid Poliwrath, but we'll see, since Dragonite's VA is listed for the Gengar episode, we'll see if Dragonite shows up despite the important of an Estate Agent.

dman_dustin

I thought that until I found out Darmanitan and Gengar share the same VA :p

Wait......

Darmanitan is really going to take precedence over Ash's Gengar?

Really? I would rather be listed as Ash's Gengar than "Go's Darmanitan" if I'm going to be honest. I guess Darmanitan's role is more important than hypothetically Gengar's in this episode......I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.