1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

See I don't mind spoilers tbh. I'm still gonna watch it and enjoy it plus sometimes being spoiled saves you from going and watching shitty stuff lol.

DuquÊ? and Zoruagible like this.
  2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

I find it odd we have no idea what is TR's role in the episode. You'd think if they were after Gengar they would get a mention in the summary

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Catch that freaking Pikachu + change.

4. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

what are Gengar's attacks again? Shadow Ball and Ice Punch I know but what about the other 2.

5. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

It’s move set was this:

Gengar’s move set:
    Shadow Ball
    Night Shade
    Psychic
    Ice punch

wolf jani likes this.
  6. fedexin

fedexin New Member

Is gengar caught by ash?

7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Well at least if Mimey's not being used(which I'm perfectly fine with, still think it's stupid), he still has a Pokemon using a Psychic attack

8. Red and Blue

Not sure if Gengar was using Psychic or was just levitating things with its ghostly powerd

Yes it was confirmed today from an article

9. Cptnmac1

Cptnmac1 Well-Known Member

Didn't it also use psychic to deflect Go's pokeballs?

10. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

thanks for the information.

11. CupidKirby

CupidKirby Well-Known Member

I'm 99.9% sure this Gengar is Gigantamax. I also predict that the Sword/Shield Expansion pass is going to release a Gigantamax Dragonite. Boy have we come far from the days when the anime refused to even let Ash have a mega stone.

I wouldn't really count Mimey as one of Ash's "on hand" Pokemon. I feel like he only brought Mimey to that tournament because he knew about its 2v2 format beforehand and asked Mimey to join him. I'm more inclined to believe Mimey normally just stays at Professor Sakuragi's lab.

Speaking of Pokemon that Ash should've caught, a lot of us are saying Lucario. Personally I really thought Ash should've gotten a Tyranitar back in Johto.

12. Red and Blue

I think it's a bit early to write off Mimey. Despite not being included in today's article it is still being treated as his second Pokemon in merchandise

13. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I honestly couldn't care either way, but it is easy to see it as being a one time thing. Mimey's practically been non-existant since while Dragonite's actually been used

14. Juaquin

Juaquin Well-Known Member

what article are you guys talking about cant find it in the previous pages

15. Red and Blue

[​IMG]

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  16. Juaquin

Juaquin Well-Known Member

was there a translation by any chance ...sorry if asking for too much

17. Red and Blue

According to Dephender it states that Gengar accepts Ash's offer to join his team

18. MegaSalamence05

MegaSalamence05 Well-Known Member

"The Gangar that was creating poltergeist activity at the Sakuragi Laboratories. Despite not being very trustful of humans, it accepted Satoshi's invitation to join the team!" Is the translation found on Page 35

19. Umbilical Noose

Umbilical Noose Bonzo Nut

I have a theory about this episode. Gengar's cursed body is most likely at play here. It cursed its old trainer by mistake and she died because of that by falling down the stairs or something like that. Now during the confrontation with those two trainers Gengar mistakenly cursed Ash as well. Since it doesn't want Ash to die it is trying to gain their attention because it knows a method to lift the curse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.