• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This was acceptable for the first 5-9 seasons. But for characters like Ash - this should stopped! Because it is not compatible with development and moral growth.

What you just wrote is a non-argument. Comedy is not related to morality or development. Comedy is independent of that. If comedy was an indicator of maturity, then works that are bleak, depressing, and humorless are the most mature works ever which is certainly not the case.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
"Because that’s not healthy."
I didn't know that if you criticize or complain (about) something you're fan of, or like is not healthy. Lol. It's not like people stress about that and can't sleep at night...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I feel like we have the same arguments over slapstick and plot every other episode as if people haven’t realized to just agree to disagree.

As much as I hate Ash potentially getting a Gengar, it makes sense. In SwSh, the 3 most popular Pokémon are Charizard, Gengar, & Machamp.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
"Because that’s not healthy."
I didn't know that if you criticize or complain (about) something you're fan of, or like is not healthy. Lol. It's not like people stress about that and can't sleep at night...

I wasn’t trying to say that criticism isn’t healthy. I was trying to say that being constantly negative isn’t healthy. Like, I can’t remember the last time Power Up has said something good pertaining to the anime; he didn’t enjoy pretty much anything about SM, and he’s not enjoying this new series at all. If I were him, I just would’ve left the whole thing behind by now and focused on stuff I do like.

For example, I hate the way the main games are shaping up to be, so I’m not paying them as much mind anymore; now, I’m focusing mostly on the anime, because I do like where that’s going.

I suppose what he does is his choice, though; we just have different philosophies about these things. Sorry if I was offensive.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I was trying to say that being constantly negative isn’t healthy.
Being constantly angry about something you're fan of( or not) that you spend like idk 1-2 hours(watching that thing and being negative) per day doesn't constitute being healthy or not, because it all depends on the stress. So if you're stressed and you're constantly negative then yes, it's not healthy. But if you're constantly negative about Pokemon but you have no stress, then it's OK. Imagine actor acting that he's constantly negative, but he's not, he's just acting like it. Same here, it all depends on the individual, Idk if Power Up is stressed or not.

For example, I hate the way the main games are shaping up to be, so I’m not paying them as much mind anymore; now, I’m focusing mostly on the anime, because I do like where that’s going.
Excellent example... People who cry about dexxit are constantly "crying" or being "negative" about whole Dexxit situation and even some people are putting on Twitter "bring back nat dex" and they're doing that for like months and months. They're fine and perfectly healthy(I assume, since it's not big of a deal I mean it'a Pokemon, it's not like exams or something) and even that Power Up guy said he's fine, so stress is not involved. I mean I agree that if you constantly hate something that you should move on, but I disagree that if you're constantly hating on something for several hours or even less without any stress involved that makes it unhealthy.
I know since I hated Markiplier for years and years( I am not doing that because I stopped watching him), I watched his 2012/2013 videos and I was hooked I was being constantly negative about him without any stress, I watched his videos(2015-2019) and typed: "this is bad, I hate this blah blah, stop making immature jokes" in hope that he becomes good. I am fine, so point is like
TL: DR - It all depends on stress, sorry for off-topic,non-Pokemon anime related stuff.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I feel like we have the same arguments over slapstick and plot every other episode as if people haven’t realized to just agree to disagree.

As much as I hate Ash potentially getting a Gengar, it makes sense. In SwSh, the 3 most popular Pokémon are Charizard, Gengar, & Machamp.
In that case, I'd much rather Ash got Machamp. Gengar is so boring, especially since Haunter has a much better design.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I wasn’t trying to say that criticism isn’t healthy. I was trying to say that being constantly negative isn’t healthy. Like, I can’t remember the last time Power Up has said something good pertaining to the anime; he didn’t enjoy pretty much anything about SM, and he’s not enjoying this new series at all. If I were him, I just would’ve left the whole thing behind by now and focused on stuff I do like.

I suppose what he does is his choice, though; we just have different philosophies about these things. Sorry if I was offensive.
He barely comes here anymore tho, and last time he came he was excited for M23

Red and Blue

If Ash catches Gengar through battle I'm hoping he uses Dragonite instead of Pikachu. Or heck even Mimey once again

ShadowForce720

If Ash catches Gengar through battle I'm hoping he uses Dragonite instead of Pikachu. Or heck even Mimey once again

I'm think right this Gengar's move set is Night Shade, Shadow Ball, Psychic, and Ice Punch right?Looking at it Gengar move set seems to be pretty good already to where it's probably not going to change or if it does it would be for a while, so this means that development wise if Ash catches it, it's development is probably going to be more towards giving it development, although Gengar does have a Mega and Gigantamax, so they could also give it one of those two, although either way it would still need character development.

Red and Blue

I'm think right this Gengar's move set is Night Shade, Shadow Ball, Psychic, and Ice Punch right?Looking at it Gengar move set seems to be pretty good already to where it's probably not going to change or if it does it would be for a while, so this means that development wise if Ash catches it, it's development is probably going to be more towards giving it development, although Gengar does have a Mega and Gigantamax, so they could also give it one of those two, although either way it would still need character development.
Not sure what this has to do with deciding what Pokemon Ash uses against Gengar, but yeah it has some room for growth

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yeah no. His alola mons had way too much personality to be overshadowed rn.
Torracat was the designated battler and lost personality after his grandpa (symbolically) died.

Lycanroc arguably lost personality after realizing he didn't need to be a Fennekin in regards to getting pissed and embraced his wild side, which only ever showed during battles after he got "over" it.

Rowlet's loafer status isn't that much of a personality, and we all can agree it got really annoying during his final focus episode. Also, he was the Piplup (though thankfully the annoyance didn't show for a long time).

Melmetal has a very one-note personality: a steel glutton. Never did it get a chance to be anything but that.

Nagadel is kind of a miracle, though. Even after evolving into a VENOMOUS ALIEN DRAGON, it retained its silliness next to its usefulness as a fighter (though it only ever got two opponents and was immediately stuffed back into its home, so...).

I think it's safe to say his Alolan team did have personality, but after their arcs? Not so much anymore. A majority of them peaked and there wasn't more. Hell, from the glimpses we got, Torracat became a copy-and-paste double of Kukui's Incineroar...and he was very unlucky on showing his new self because there weren't enough episodes left.

...Though, honestly speaking, I don't see much difference when compared to previous teammates. They all are full of the one trait they are.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Maybe this curse leads to Ash being reset this time. It will be Gengar’s fault if so!

Torracat was the designated battler and lost personality after his grandpa (symbolically) died.

Lycanroc arguably lost personality after realizing he didn't need to be a Fennekin in regards to getting pissed and embraced his wild side, which only ever showed during battles after he got "over" it.

Rowlet's loafer status isn't that much of a personality, and we all can agree it got really annoying during his final focus episode. Also, he was the Piplup (though thankfully the annoyance didn't show for a long time).

Melmetal has a very one-note personality: a steel glutton. Never did it get a chance to be anything but that.

Nagadel is kind of a miracle, though. Even after evolving into a VENOMOUS ALIEN DRAGON, it retained its silliness next to its usefulness as a fighter (though it only ever got two opponents and was immediately stuffed back into its home, so...).

I think it's safe to say his Alolan team did have personality, but after their arcs? Not so much anymore. A majority of them peaked and there wasn't more. Hell, from the glimpses we got, Torracat became a copy-and-paste double of Kukui's Incineroar...and he was very unlucky on showing his new self because there weren't enough episodes left.
hatching-chick.png

Master Pikachu 11

You know what I just thought of if the writers do end up having Ash catch both Gengar and Machamp, then he will have three out four Pokémon that are the aces of the elite 4 members of Kanto, if he would have kept Lapras then he could have had all 4. It would be an interesting theme to capture Pokémon that belong to members of the elite 4.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Ew.

Satoshi’s potential fourth being a Kanto Pokémon. Add that to the fact he has a Kairyu just hanging out at Sakuragi’s lab. He’d be getting Gangar already fully-evolved it kind of feels cheap because he’s not working for the strength of these Pokémon. Another issue is we’ve seen this Pokémon thousands of times. There’s many Ghost-type Pokémon like Chandera that could use the screen time. Heck, him reuniting with his Ghost from OS and training that to Gangar would have been more interesting if he had to have a Gangar. Feels kind of lukewarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.