1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pancakemonster

pancakemonster Does this look like the face of mercy?

Gengar will keep coming back no matter how many times they beat it in battle.

Ash and Go must T-pose on it to assert dominance, it’s the only way.

No it’s not slapstick, it’s absolute strategy.

2. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

The writers do seem to be referencing Internet memes a bit more often. There was the Jojo bit in SM, the Detective Pikachu bits with Mimey, etc.

3. narutoo

narutoo dragon trainer

[​IMG]

4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Im guessing the Wooloo and Snorlax are from episode 5. Also with how much merchandise they've gotten Sobble and Grookey are long overdue

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't think that Gangar is messing with Satoshi because it considers him a threat. Given what we know of Gangar's mischievous personality, it seems like the curse was put on Satoshi simply because Gangar's the kind of Pokemon that likes making people look silly.

6. narutoo

narutoo dragon trainer

may be gengar is playing or gengar hates humans..may be previous back story...in this episode...satoshi.will able to find the problem...and in the end gengar happily accepts ash as a trainer

7. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Aww, that's cute.

8. Yeah, sadly that is 90% certain that will happen

mehmeh1 likes this.
  9. Nikinini

Nikinini Active Member

But Jojo isn't an internet meme, it has always been big in Japan and referenced countless times, there's a Jojo reference in XY aswell.

Redstar45 likes this.
  10. thedarkdragon11

thedarkdragon11 P4P Elite

I hope Gengar goes to Ash... It would be weird if Go, Koharu or Prof. Sakuragi (or his henchmen) captures it...

11. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well Ash and Go are competing for Gengar so Go has as much chance at the Ghost as Ash does.

And the only way Koharu has a chance at it is if this isnt its capture episode

12. ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN Well-Known Member

I don't think there should be any issue with Ash getting Fully evolved mons. There is always room for development. If anything , I would say that many of Ash's pokemon got more development even after evolving . Look at Charizard, Greninja , Sceptile, Infernape... all his aces. Palpitoad , Gliscor. His regional birds. So I don't believe when people say its cheap or an underdevelopment.

If they indeed make him compete in World Tournament , he will need strong and experienced mons. And not weak and unexperienced pokemons. At this stage all of his current as well as previous team members need some development.

13. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

I think Gengar would be wasted on Gou or Koharu though. That Gengar's moveset is pretty good and someone inexperienced like Gou or Koharu wouldn't be able to use it the fullest.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  14. thedarkdragon11

thedarkdragon11 P4P Elite

Go should not capture this one without even battling...

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  15. Tbh I dont mind this episode. But shouldnt it have aired after PM011? Wouldn't that be better?

16. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

I mean generally when there are recurring wild Pokemon, they don't appear immediately in the next episode, there's always a gap between episodes.

17. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

Charizard, yes. Greninja, yes, but lost persononality. The rest of them, no, no they didn't, especially not the birds.

18. Ashton Ketchum

Ashton Ketchum Well-Known Member

It can be fed organically and in moderation. Like in DP and XY(Z). Also - like it happening with Peter Parker in comic books. Man, even Ash from movie 21 (and, probably, 23) feels like a young man who won the League. And that he should be now.

19. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

League winners are not some homogenous bunch. We would never get the variety of champions throughout the history of the games if this was the case.

20. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't deny that he'd need strong Pokemon if he decides to follow the Dande route and challenge the World Championship tournaments himself later on, I'd just rather see him catch his Pokemon in their base stages rather than him taking a shortcut by getting another fully-evolved Pokemon like Gangar. I prefer watching him catch base stage Pokemon so that we can see him train them on-screen and evolve them himself, instead of the latter being done for him already.

Blue Saturday and Zoruagible like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.