• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Go should not capture this one without even battling...

That and he'd likely have just caught some Ghosts...

I don't deny that he'd need strong Pokemon if he decides to follow the Dande route and challenge the World Championship tournaments himself later on, I'd just rather see him catch his Pokemon in their base stages rather than him taking a shortcut by getting another fully-evolved Pokemon like Gangar. I prefer watching him catch base stage Pokemon so that we can see him train them on-screen and evolve them himself, instead of the latter being done for him already.

I agree, hopefully Gengar's the last one they give him whose fully evolved off the bat.
I mean Sobble, Grookey, and Riolu might go the usual route, but I'd really appreciate it if he got to catch a few older Pokemon(Aside from just Riolu I mean) and worked with them like he did with Gligar. Training them up and getting an evolution while under his ownership

There can be exceptions though, like with trade evolutions to avoid that whole mess.

Master Pikachu 11

That and he'd likely have just caught some Ghosts...

I agree, hopefully Gengar's the last one they give him whose fully evolved off the bat.
I mean Sobble, Grookey, and Riolu might go the usual route, but I'd really appreciate it if he got to catch a few older Pokemon(Aside from just Riolu I mean) and worked with them like he did with Gligar. Training them up and getting an evolution while under his ownership

There can be exceptions though, like with trade evolutions to avoid that whole mess.
This will probably be the reason if the writers do decide to give Ash Gengar as it’s fully evolved form instead of Haunter just so they could avoid having to do the trade route to evolve it. So Ash potentially catching Gengar as a Gengar makes sense.

D

Deleted member 384931

Will Ash catch another fully evolved Pokémon? Besides poor Sobble and Grookey, I dont see them returning to Galar soon again.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Drednaw is his last chance until the next Galar trip.
I would prefer if he catches Galar pokemon at their basic stages, like Chewtle and not when fully evolved. It's fine for old Pokemon to be caught fully evolved but not for new pokemon!

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
So that new pre-evolved forms can have some much deserved screentime?

As if other pre-evos during previous series were all having deserved screentime... Though I have to agree that Ash, as much as possible, must capture basic stages for new species... But I also welcome if they're caught in it's fully-evolved stages, except for the Galar starters... For Gen. 1-7, they must be in their fully-evolved stages for Ash but not Go...

Rohanator

Even as a turtle lover I think Chewtle looks pretty....unremarkable to put it nicely, while Drednaw's an instant classic tier design, there's a reason it was one of the earliest Galar mons revealed. So I totally get if they wanna just skip Chewtle, like I'm sure they'll show it eventually but putting Drednaw on the main cast as is would be the best marketing wise.

That's why Mons like Dragonite and Gengar are fully evolved already as well, they know that's what the people want so let's just jump into it.

And I think that's fine as long SOME Pokemon go through classic evolution arcs, like the starters and Riolu probably will. Trying to go the "proper" route for every Pokemon will just result in super fast paced evolution like Goomy to Goodra.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't see Go just trying to chuck poke balls again since he saw how that backfired miserably the first time around.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Are we going to get a throwback to that one Battle Frontier episode? That'd be interesting, but I doubt it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
wobbanut said:
Are we going to get a throwback to that one Battle Frontier episode? That'd be interesting, but I doubt it.

If you mean the episode where he was possessed by the spirit of an evil king, then I can sort of see the similarities. I don't know if that episode inspired this one, although it seems like in this case Satoshi's having a lot of bad luck rather than him being completely possessed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
wolf jani said:
Thinking about it more. The description makes it sound like that this episode has SM type comedy. I hope that's not the case because SM is my least favorite series.

I disliked SM's style of humor, but given that this series hasn't been very gag-oriented so far, I suppose that one episode of comedy wouldn't be such a bad thing. I feel like this episode would probably be better received if Gou was the one who was cursed, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.