• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Gengar will keep coming back no matter how many times they beat it in battle.

Ash and Go must T-pose on it to assert dominance, it’s the only way.

No it’s not slapstick, it’s absolute strategy.
The writers do seem to be referencing Internet memes a bit more often. There was the Jojo bit in SM, the Detective Pikachu bits with Mimey, etc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:
Or we can look at it like Gengar is targeting Ash and that's a positive thing because it means Gengar is acknowledging Ash, perhaps even in the "Ash is the biggest threat" or even "Holy Crap this trainer might actually catch me if I'm not careful" as opposed to making Ash look like some kind of joke.

I don't think that Gangar is messing with Satoshi because it considers him a threat. Given what we know of Gangar's mischievous personality, it seems like the curse was put on Satoshi simply because Gangar's the kind of Pokemon that likes making people look silly.

narutoo

dragon trainer
may be gengar is playing or gengar hates humans..may be previous back story...in this episode...satoshi.will able to find the problem...and in the end gengar happily accepts ash as a trainer

Red and Blue

I hope Gengar goes to Ash... It would be weird if Go, Koharu or Prof. Sakuragi (or his henchmen) captures it...
Well Ash and Go are competing for Gengar so Go has as much chance at the Ghost as Ash does.

And the only way Koharu has a chance at it is if this isnt its capture episode

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

I don't think there should be any issue with Ash getting Fully evolved mons. There is always room for development. If anything , I would say that many of Ash's pokemon got more development even after evolving . Look at Charizard, Greninja , Sceptile, Infernape... all his aces. Palpitoad , Gliscor. His regional birds. So I don't believe when people say its cheap or an underdevelopment.

If they indeed make him compete in World Tournament , he will need strong and experienced mons. And not weak and unexperienced pokemons. At this stage all of his current as well as previous team members need some development.

Egakor

Well Ash and Go are competing for Gengar so Go has as much chance at the Ghost as Ash does.

And the only way Koharu has a chance at it is if this isnt its capture episode
I think Gengar would be wasted on Gou or Koharu though. That Gengar's moveset is pretty good and someone inexperienced like Gou or Koharu wouldn't be able to use it the fullest.

D

Deleted member 384931

Tbh I dont mind this episode. But shouldnt it have aired after PM011? Wouldn't that be better?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't think there should be any issue with Ash getting Fully evolved mons. There is always room for development. If anything , I would say that many of Ash's pokemon got more development even after evolving . Look at Charizard, Greninja , Sceptile, Infernape... all his aces. Palpitoad , Gliscor. His regional birds. So I don't believe when people say its cheap or an underdevelopment.

If they indeed make him compete in World Tournament , he will need strong and experienced mons. And not weak and unexperienced pokemons. At this stage all of his current as well as previous team members need some development.
Charizard, yes. Greninja, yes, but lost persononality. The rest of them, no, no they didn't, especially not the birds.

Ashton Ketchum

People who have matured and grown can still be clumsy sometimes lmao. Adults can also be clumsy.

This has nothing to do with emotional maturity or whatever it is you're talking about.
It can be fed organically and in moderation. Like in DP and XY(Z). Also - like it happening with Peter Parker in comic books. Man, even Ash from movie 21 (and, probably, 23) feels like a young man who won the League. And that he should be now.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It can be fed organically and in moderation. Like in DP and XY(Z). Also - like it happening with Peter Parker in comic books. Man, even Ash from movie 21 (and, probably, 23) feels like a young man who won the League. And that he should be now.
League winners are not some homogenous bunch. We would never get the variety of champions throughout the history of the games if this was the case.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN said:

I don't deny that he'd need strong Pokemon if he decides to follow the Dande route and challenge the World Championship tournaments himself later on, I'd just rather see him catch his Pokemon in their base stages rather than him taking a shortcut by getting another fully-evolved Pokemon like Gangar. I prefer watching him catch base stage Pokemon so that we can see him train them on-screen and evolve them himself, instead of the latter being done for him already.

Status
Not open for further replies.