• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 8th: PM2019 016: Satoshi Has Been Cursed...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

Its going to suck if ash gets no galar pokemon. Every region deserves its team :( . Also its bizzare how they ve not even made sobble and grookey apoear considering how marketable the starters are. I am still hopinh for intellion for ash.

dman_dustin

Its going to suck if ash gets no galar pokemon. Every region deserves its team :( . Also its bizzare how they ve not even made sobble and grookey apoear considering how marketable the starters are. I am still hopinh for intellion for ash.

LOL he gets 8th generation Pokemon in 9th generation.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

I mean, Ash took 20 eps to catch Litten and over 50 to get Chimchar.

Yes, yes, they were recurring characters before then, but the point is it's not too late for him to get them.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
As opposed to the other generations when he had that many or more generational Pokemon on hand? Like in 2nd generation having 5 on hand at any given time.

Sure you could argue there is a difference, but it's not like Ash is travelling solely IN the Galar region, so it wouldn't make that much sense to argue.
Ash having a full team of Pokémon from one region made sense when the show was focusing on the actual new region and new content. Basing a show on “all regions” but filling his team (and the episode count) with just Kanto stuff is lame. I won’t deny I would prefer Galar captures, but at the very least if they’re gonna fill his team I’d prefer some variety.

It’s especially frustrating since Alolan and Galarian forms exist, most of which are pulled from Kanto mons. Those would actually give us something new but wouldn’t have to sacrifice the mandated nostalgia pandering.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
tyranitar flygon lucario gogoat mudsdale

every gen had an equal amount of time more or less to be promoted
Gen 1: Kanto
Gen 2: Johto, with Kanto attached
Gen 3: Hoenn, with Kanto remakes
Gen IV: Sinnoh, with Johto remakes, which means MORE Kanto
Gen V: Ah, finally, Kanto is gone
Gen VI: Kanto starters given to you, 2nd-largest majority of Megas go to Kanto Pokemon, would be largest by big margin without Hoenn remakes
Gen VII: Only Kanto Pokemon get special forms and Kanto gets remade AGAIN, in addition to being the only region that GO has Pokemon from for some time
Gen VIII: More Kanto Pokemon get special forms and evolutions, though luckily they are given to some non-Kanto Pokemon as well.

Please, tell me again how every region is equally promoted.

dman_dustin

Ash having a full team of Pokémon from one region made sense when the show was focusing on the actual new region and new content. Basing a show on “all regions” but filling his team (and the episode count) with just Kanto stuff is lame. I won’t deny I would prefer Galar captures, but at the very least if they’re gonna fill his team I’d prefer some variety.

It’s especially frustrating since Alolan and Galarian forms exist, most of which are pulled from Kanto mons. Those would actually give us something new but wouldn’t have to sacrifice the mandated nostalgia pandering.

I'm just pointing out that you're assuming that Ash will ONLY have 6 Pokemon (as in Ash could easily end up with 10-12 Pokemon), or even that Mr. Mime will figure into it as much.

Until Mr. Mime has a more meaningful role, I have to assume Ash really only has Pikachu and Dragonite while Mr. Mime is more of lab Pokemon. Ash only using Mr. Mime for the one battle tournament because it was somehow easier for them to justify Mr. Mime than any other Pokemon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Honestly the games have forced kanto more down our throats then the anime ever has

Glaring Kanto points in bold.

Johto:
Clearly, Ash's Charizard was the ace. Poor Cyndaquil.

Hoenn:
Ash's league rival was a guy with a cheesy Puss in Boots parody in a Meowth.
The Battle Frontier was moved all across Kanto (which strangely enough did not have a lot of Kanto call backs).

Sinnoh:
It actually did not have Kanto pandering, despite promoting the Johto remakes. (Best region does it again.)

BW:
You really can't catch a Pikachu in BW, and yet here we are!
Blatantly tried to emulate Kanto with the Misty and Brock expies.
Iris gets a Dragonite just because. Notice no one else in the cast got a single non-Unova Pokemon but her.
Heya, Ash's Charizard!

XY(Z):
Siebold gains Mega Blastoise.
Heya, Alain's godly Mega Charizard X!

SM:
Heya, Kiawe's Charizard! (Huh. I'm noticing a pattern here...)
There was an Eevee in the main cast. It did not evolve.
A Blastoise - poor thing - was meat for Gladion to eat.
Kukui has a Venasaur out of nowhere.
We blatantly had an arc set in Kanto featuring Brock and Misty, who by the way had a second arc in Alola.
An Alolan Exeggutor was mainly a recurring gag for Ash to get smacked by.

General pandering that's right there:
The Kanto kid with the special Pikachu being chased by the evil team from the Kanto region with the talking Meowth. Have I mentioned they all are basically immortal.

Last edited:

World Turtle

I'm just pointing out that you're assuming that Ash will ONLY have 6 Pokemon (as in Ash could easily end up with 10-12 Pokemon), or even that Mr. Mime will figure into it as much.

Until Mr. Mime has a more meaningful role, I have to assume Ash really only has Pikachu and Dragonite while Mr. Mime is more of lab Pokemon. Ash only using Mr. Mime for the one battle tournament because it was somehow easier for them to justify Mr. Mime than any other Pokemon.

Frankly, I'd be okay if Ash got 10-20 given we have eight regions here. Like give him 1 for every 10 Gou captures.

Yes I know some will get the spotlight while others get the shaft, but I think the lab/hub setting might make it work if we get to see them just roaming around and stuff.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Glaring Kanto points in bold.

Johto:
Clearly, Ash's Charizard was the ace. Poor Cyndaquil.

Hoenn:
Ash's league rival was a guy with a cheesy Puss in Boots parody in a Meowth.
The Battle Frontier was moved all across Kanto (which strangely enough did not have a lot of Kanto call backs).

Sinnoh:
It actually did not have Kanto pandering, despite promoting the Johto remakes. (Best region does it again.)

BW:
You really can't catch a Pikachu in BW, and yet here we are!
Blatantly tried to emulate Kanto with the Misty and Brock expies.
Iris gets a Dragonite just because. Notice no one else in the cast got a single non-Unova Pokemon but her.
Heya, Ash's Charizard!

XY(Z):
Siebold gains Mega Blastoise.
Heya, Alain's godly Mega Charizard X!

SM:
Heya, Kiawe's Charizard! (Huh. I'm noticing a pattern here...)
There was an Eevee in the main cast. It did not evolve.
A Blastoise - poor thing - was meat for Gladion to eat.
Kukui has a Venasaur out of nowhere.
We blatantly had an arc set in Kanto featuring Brock and Misty, who by the way had a second arc in Alola.
An Alolan Exeggutor was mainly a recurring gag for Ash to get smacked by.

General pandering that's right there:
The Kanto kid with the special Pikachu being chased by the evil team from the Kanto region with the talking Meowth. Have I mentioned they all are basically immortal.

Yes and this is NOTHING compared to the games pandering -_-
Also johto shouldn't count. It literally was part of the OS, and heck they had ash get rid of his kanto mons to give attention to his johto ones. The system of leaving his Pokemon behind for every region didn't begin then
Srsly, puss in boots is forcing kanto down our throats?
In no way were iris and cilan Brock and misty knockoffs. I agree with Charizard returning tho, it was clearly a PR move and then again, he didn't do anything.
In XY yes Alain had mega Charizard X, I still wouldn't count it as pandering considering it mostly focused on its mega form
In SM misty Brock returned coz of anniversary while eevee was due to LGPE, that is the games.
Srsly kanto mons appearing doesn't mean kanto pandering -_-
Kiawe Charizard didn't even appear as much compared to turtonator and marowak. Same with eevee.

So yeah the anime is nothing compared to games when it comes to KANTOO

pancakemonster

Alola...home...

That's fair. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.