• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 8th: SM65 - Ilima and Eievui Have Ilimade Their Entrance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If his role is going to be voicing Illima, then why does the summary say this as well if he's not going to have a role in the movie?

"So... do you think the announcement is that he's going to have a role in the movie? Absolutely possible".

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
If his role is going to be voicing Illima, then why does the summary say this as well if he's not going to have a role in the movie?

"So... do you think the announcement is that he's going to have a role in the movie? Absolutely possible".

That's not part of the summary, that was my comment in the movie thread from back before we got the preview for the episode.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
That's not part of the summary, that was my comment in the movie thread from back before we got the preview for the episode.

Oh ok. Well thanks, and yeah, this confirms that the role is meant for Ilima rather than the movie. :(

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The official Pokémon twitter just promoted his Pokenchi appearance and said the way he is dressed is a hint about what his announcement will be.

So I'd say it's pretty much confirmed he'll be voicing Ilima.
I confess, I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping he would be voicing a role in the movie; I would have loved to see what he would bring to Pokémon on the big screen. It's kind of a shame that his appearance will be limited to a single character in a single episode. On the other hand, I really like Ilima, and I'm really looking forward to see (or hear, rather) what Yudai Chiba will bring to the character.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Congrats for him! He rocks the Ilima costume. I'm not familiar with his voice acting and I'm excited for what Ilima will bring to the anime. I hope he's a reoccurring character. And Yudai Chiba can always fill a role in the movie, it's not completely out of the question.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Congrats for him! He rocks the Ilima costume. I'm not familiar with his voice acting and I'm excited for what Ilima will bring to the anime. I hope he's a reoccurring character. And Yudai Chiba can always fill a role in the movie, it's not completely out of the question.

He's not a voice actor, he's an actor. He's best known in the west as Alata in Goseiger and Honey in the live action Ouran show.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
He's not a voice actor, he's an actor. He's best known in the west as Alata in Goseiger and Honey in the live action Ouran show.
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with his work but I know of Ouran (I didn't know they had a live action!) ^^;

Anyways, outside of learning who will voice him, I don't know what to expect from Ilima. Is he a researcher and do you think Ash will battle him? How come everyone is very hyped to see him (outside of the reason of him being in the games)??

Evanibble

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with his work but I know of Ouran (I didn't know they had a live action!) ^^;

Anyways, outside of learning who will voice him, I don't know what to expect from Ilima. Is he a researcher and do you think Ash will battle him? How come everyone is very hyped to see him (outside of the reason of him being in the games)??

Ash is probably going to want to battle him, and I figure they might use this opportunity to showcase Eevee's z-move.

Personally, I'm excited to see Ilima because we just haven't yet. He plays a critical role at the beginning of the games, after all. I think it'd be important for the SM anime to throw him in somewhere.

andrewscott48209

Thats not Illima though, since Illima has Pink hair and grey eyes, not white hair and blue eyes.

They changed Olivia's design from the games, so I wouldn't put it past the writers to change Illima's design.

EDIT: That's Illima in the picture alright. That's his Eevee with him.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
They changed Olivia's design from the games, so I wouldn't put it past the writers to change Illima's design

I believe it's due to the lighting of the photo that caused Ilima's eyes and hair to be more pale than its original colour and why Ash looks a bit dark. Other than that, anime Ilima has the same design as game Ilima.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Olivia's design was changed because it was somehow a bit too risque for children (I can't find another better explanation than this). This is maybe the reason why Jessie isn't seen wearing stuff that shows too much skin.

The older women get, the more they wear in a warm Hawaiian region, I guess.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Announcement from the official anime site:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/news/

The "Prince of the Pokémon School", played by Yudai Chiba, makes his appearance?!

Actor and huge Pokémon fan Yudai Chiba is going to be a voice actor in the anime!!
The role Chiba is going to play is that of Pokémon School graduate student Ilima.
This Normal type Trainer known as the "Prince of the Pokémon School"
will be accompanied by his Partner Pokémon Eievui.
He will appear in two episodes in a row, which will air Thursday March 8th and Thursday March 15th!
What kind of role will he play?!

Airing March 8th: "Ilima and Eievui Have Ilimade Their Entrance!!"
Airing March 15th: "Smashing with Sketch! The Fierce Poké-Ping Pong Match!"

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ilima looks better in the anime. At least, he doesn't have the creepy eyes lol I guess being voiced by Yudai added a bit more coolness to him :p

Aka the best Red Ranger :p

Man, can't believe it's been 8 years since Goseiger started. And I still remember that back then, I'd always coment Yudai would be suited for voice acting. I never thought I'd see him actually doing it. And on Pokémon, which is another favorite of mine!

By the way, just throwing a bit of fun trivia: when Goseiger was leaked, there were rumors the main writer would be Atsuhiro Tomioka (known as the main writer for DP, BW and XY). It end up not being the case. But it's a fun chain of coincidences, anyway.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What happened to his face?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
About Eevee's Z-Move, if Ilima does battle, most likely with Ash, he could use it if his Eevee is in a dire situation and then gives that Eevee some 'last resort' boost rather than a finisher. Eevee could even almost knock out Pikachu if Ash used Pikachu against it if that happens.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
About Eevee's Z-Move, if Ilima does battle, most likely with Ash, he could use it if his Eevee is in a dire situation and then gives that Eevee some 'last resort' boost rather than a finisher. Eevee could even almost knock out Pikachu if Ash used Pikachu against it if that happens.

I don't really see Ilima using Eevee's Z-Move like that but rather he'll have a strategy to use it when the moment is right. Since were on the subject does anyone think Ilima will battle with his Smeargle too?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't really see Ilima using Eevee's Z-Move like that but rather he'll have a strategy to use it when the moment is right. Since were on the subject does anyone think Ilima will battle with his Smeargle too?

Well using it as some last resort strategy would be a reference to the base move of Extreme Evoboost being Last Resort. Well it will be nice to see Ilima battle with Smeargle but I'm not too sure about it right now because it depends if the writers would want to put a lot of focus on Eevee or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.