• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 8th: SM65 - Ilima and Eievui Have Ilimade Their Entrance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Am I right in assuming that Ash did not catch Passimian since there's no thread for the episode and yet no one's talking about it here as a makeshift episode thread?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Am I right in assuming that Ash did not catch Passimian since there's no thread for the episode and yet no one's talking about it here as a makeshift episode thread?
Nope, Passimian wasn't captured. It was just a PotD filler.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I KNEW IT! I had a feeling that Ilima was going to show off Eevee’s signature Z move. Also, Team Skull are back next week. I’ve missed them.

NettFox

It would have been mentioned on the site if it got caught, too. But no, not caught at all.

Apparently Serebii forgot to do so and had to do some errands out during a snowstorm.

Yeah a shame it wasn't caught. Yet I enjoyed the playfulness Ash showed. Its been a while to really see him like that after XY. As for the snowstorm that's rough for Serebii and I gotta prepare for one that's hitting my area too.

As for what a recent sub of the preview translated apparently its about some asking about the gender for the Salandit Tupp had which involves them not realizing only FEMALE ones evolve. Wow they really earned the name Team Numskull. Though seeing as its the only one NOT hit by attract perhaps its a gender reveal in battle against Ilima since they ARE that inept like how Jessie couldn't realize her Yanmega was female until that Togepi episode in DP or Ash with Pidove..

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I can't put my finger on whoever voices Ilma. He sounds familiar.

Edit: Yudai Chiba? Arata from Goseiger? Pinch me now.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that approximately 90% of the preview featured shots of just Ilima and his Eievui (most likely because of the popularity of Ilima's seiyuu and Eievui itself) feels like an omen. I have a bad feeling that this SM episode will mainly be fangirl bait, and hardly anything else.

Vipsoccermaster

The fact that approximately 90% of the preview featured shots of just Ilima and his Eievui (most likely because of the popularity of Ilima's seiyuu and Eievui itself) feels like an omen. I have a bad feeling that this SM episode will mainly be fangirl bait, and hardly anything else.
The main purpose for this episode would be to debut Ilima and have Eevee show off its signature Z-Move, Extreme Evoboost. So yeah, that's all there is to this episode, pretty much.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Just saw the Pokénchi preview. For some reason, that scene where Ash and his classmates meet Ilima made me chuckle, because Ash's classmates look awed and Ash just has this "Who dis dude?" look on his face.

Also, Ilima seems shorter (at least next to Ash, Kukui, and the others) than I thought he would be. It could just be the perspective, but he doesn't seem that much taller than Kiawe or Mallow. I suppose it's just a reminder that he is supposed to be a teenager (or, at least, his in-game counterpart is).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Also, Ilima seems shorter (at least next to Ash, Kukui, and the others) than I thought he would be. It could just be the perspective, but he doesn't seem that much taller than Kiawe or Mallow. I suppose it's just a reminder that he is supposed to be a teenager (or, at least, his in-game counterpart is).

Those who are Trial Captains in the games are mostly young because in the games they would have completed their island challenge recently, which could explain why Ilima is that short compared to Ash. But what I'm definitely sure of is that Ilima is older than Ash at least.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Just saw the Pokénchi preview. For some reason, that scene where Ash and his classmates meet Ilima made me chuckle, because Ash's classmates look awed and Ash just has this "Who dis dude?" look on his face.

Mallow is actually pretty tall for a teenager, and considering Ilima is clearly taller than Mallow as evident from the preview, I won't say that he's being animated as too short either. Also Ilima has just about graduated from the school so I'd imagine that he isn't too much older Ash and co. as well.

Shotgunrain

Didn’t like how the second preview shown Ash battling Kiawe yet again. Like come on now, what is even the point of the rest of the characters anymore? I thought during the Kanto episodes Lillie, Mallow, Lana and Sophocles vowed to train to be better battlers as well. I thought that would signify some sort of development for them. Well nope the battlers of the cast will still only be Ash and Kiawe.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Didn’t like how the second preview shown Ash battling Kiawe yet again. Like come on now, what is even the point of the rest of the characters anymore? I thought during the Kanto episodes Lillie, Mallow, Lana and Sophocles vowed to train to be better battlers as well. I thought that would signify some sort of development for them. Well nope the battlers of the cast will still only be Ash and Kiawe.
I am glad I am not the only one who was bothered by that.

Like, I understand those two are the most skilled battlers of the group so naturally they should battle each other, come on. Would it kill to have the other students train against each other, too? I know they did that in one episode, with Lana battling Mallow and Soph battling Lillie. It would at least make it look like they're progressing or trying to get stronger.

Instead, it only exacerbates two concerns I had about the Ultra Guardians arc. That either it would wind up being the Ash and Kiawe show, with those two doing all the work while everyone just stands in the background and watches, or that the other four kids would just get cheap DEM wins over superior opponents. Like, what's the point if making them Ultra Guardiams in the first place if they're not going to do anything?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I was already annoyed back in XY(Z) with the writers insisting of sticking with the character tropes with Ash taking care of all the action, battling or dealing threatening stuffs. So, I wasn't surprised that the trend continues in SM as well.

togenaught18

I am glad I am not the only one who was bothered by that.

Like, I understand those two are the most skilled battlers of the group so naturally they should battle each other, come on. Would it kill to have the other students train against each other, too? I know they did that in one episode, with Lana battling Mallow and Soph battling Lillie. It would at least make it look like they're progressing or trying to get stronger.

Instead, it only exacerbates two concerns I had about the Ultra Guardians arc. That either it would wind up being the Ash and Kiawe show, with those two doing all the work while everyone just stands in the background and watches, or that the other four kids would just get cheap DEM wins over superior opponents. Like, what's the point if making them Ultra Guardiams in the first place if they're not going to do anything?

Because they are the main cast pretty much :p . To be honest i dont care much about battle aspect for the other girls and sophocles, but if only they have more development in "goals" instead of battling. Inst like pretty much anything inst pokemon battle is "boring" anyway.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
You have to battle the Ultra Beasts to capture them, though. Especially since there's no guarantee all of the Ultra Beasts will be like Buzzwole. Don't forget, Nihilego was very antagonistic. And aside from Xurkitree and Kartana, the other Ultra Beasts sound far more threatening and dangerous than Buzzwole according to their Pokedex entries.

This Ultra Guardians arc is going to get really boring really fast if it's just going to be Ash and Kiawe battling, and it really defeats the purpose of the others being there since they're not battlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.