• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm not saying 25 is being old. Seen that Gladion is there too, I don't think they're applying the "you have to be 11", but still around 25 is a lot older than the other characters. Sun and Hau are 11, I think Lillie is a year older maybe? It is never stated but for me she was a little older than them. Gladion should be like 14 or so? And the grunt is below 20 for sure. So Kukui being among them is a little strange. Since he's with his Masked Royal persona maybe he's just a special guest?

And yeah, I can see the situation with Lillie being a misunderstanding. I doubt she'll battle in the festival

Well, the summary says the idea is for someone to take the trials to calm the tapu. So they could be ignoring it for the sake of allowing more people to participate.

Remmie

Maybe Lillie in the manga is more active? They did turn her into a complete wimp in the anime, why wouldn't they do the opposite with her manga counterpart? Keep in mind that Sapphire is the most aggressive of all May's counterparts and the only one who doesn't do contests (until ORAS, but even then that's mostly because of Ruby). Maybe they decided that after an entire game of Lillie relying on us players to fight for her until the end where she decides to start battling in another region and her anime version being completely unable to touch pokemon without pratically passing out, they felt that they needed her to be stronger in the manga. Make no mistake, I like Lillie, but her being unable to do much in the game and anime is a bit getting on my nerves. Like a lot. Which is why I'm glad that she decided to change at the end of the games by becoming a pokemon trainer. Shame we don't see what will be her starter. I'm all up to see her battle! Wonder what will be her first pokemon.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The expression on her face clearly shows that she won't be any different from the games.

Alola! It's Sun and Moon time.

[img139]https:i.imgur.com/vmmrlcG.jpg[/img139]

Unfortunately, it's just the one picture this time.

But they're here!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone will be interpreted in the manga!

shadowF

So what does everyone think the teams will be for Sun, Lillie, Hau, the Masked Royal, the male Skull Grunt and Gladion will be? Obviously Sun will have Litten and Meowth and Gladion with Type:Null but I am interested in the others. Also will it be only six participants and only the winner will go after the trials? As well is Moon not participating?

Red and Blue

So what does everyone think the teams will be for Sun, Lillie, Hau, the Masked Royal, the male Skull Grunt and Gladion will be? Obviously Sun will have Litten and Meowth and Gladion with Type:Null but I am interested in the others. Also will it be only six participants and only the winner will go after the trials? As well is Moon not participating?

Hau will probably have Pichu and the grunt Sandlit. Lillie is a mystery since Nebby can't fight

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So Glovehead aka Moon is a creature of the night, eh? I want more of her and hopefully she gets the werewolf Pokemon who's name escapes me at the moment. It's in the Moon version of the game right? So it would be perfect for her. Looking forward to whatever this battle festival is and it's cool to see Hau and Lillie show up. I wonder how they'll do and what ole Sunny boy has up his sleeve for this. The Rotom stuff all sounded fascinating. The Sun and Moon chapter truly has me interested.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Some selected pics:
1) Sun's Pyukumuku beauty product
2) Popplio bubbling up Kukui and Rowlet
3) Moon anxiously popping the bubble
4) Sun telling Moon that in Alola, they say 'Alola' instead of 'Nice to meet you'
5) Rotom freaks out upon touching the Dex
6) The reason why Rotom refused to go in, and we see 'Flying Press' debut by a human
7) Nanu pointing out Olivia's failure in love, causing even Hala to fret
8) Hala getting hit, and Olivia freaking out. See how Bewear catches Hala
9) Sun bruised and swollen from chasing Rotom
10) Sun calling Moon 'dark' and getting sand thrown in his face
11) Kukui asking whose fault it is that he had to stay up all night fixing the Dex, and Tapu Koko's picture

And I like how the possibly hint that Clemont was the one who created Rotom Dex, since there aren't many talented young inventors in Kalos we know of.

Coronis~

Moni_22

And I like how the possibly hint that Clemont was the one who created Rotom Dex, since there aren't many talented young inventors in Kalos we know of.

Oh my god, how did I not think about that? I've been asking myself ever since the game came out who was this "talented inventor" from Kalos, but it makes sense! Rotom is also an Electric type so maybe that's why Clemont thought about it

TDMFAN

Since Lillie doesn't battle, I'm gonna guess that she'll make Moon take her place now that she's getting acquianted with Rowlet and so we can get some interaction between then. And so we can finally get a backstory on why doesn't have a pokemon on hand at the moment (or at all).

Last edited:

I am serperior

The Ultimate trainee
I'm looking forward to seeing Lillie and hau portrayal in pokespe and I'm excited to see the team skull grunt hopefully he has back story and a name

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Sun and Moon chapters are a-go, not bad so far, I like how Kusaka is really jumping into things compared to the XY chapter's beginning. We have two z-moves already, three Kahunas, the Tapus, Moon and Sun and their goals and crafts established, the rivals and Lillie too. I just really hope Kusaka has the time to do everything he needs without running into any magazine shenanigans this saga. A lot of gag-humor for a first chapter, I do have to say. Though PokeSpe has always relied on slapstick there was quite a lot of deadpanning and the like moments here? Olivia/Nanu is great and I want more of them asap rocky. Sun/Moon is looking good, Moon being a creature of the dark makes me happy. So happy she has Rowlet and I look forward to it fighting alongside her as a Decidueye, I wonder who Popplio will go to though? Will Kukui keep it like Cedric Juniper did with Samurott and like he does so in the games? Or will it be gifted to Lillie once she ascends to her "Z-Powered Form?" Will it go to Hau? hahaha nah. With third versions seemingly being dead poor Delphox got stuck with Malva meanwhile, Whi-two was left with a Foongus. she should have gotten Gigi I fear for the third starter now because it seems we'll always have an odd card out with no third dex holder to pick up the slack.
Since Lillie doesn't battle, I'm gonna guess that she'll make Moon take her place now that she's getting acquianted with Rowlet and so we can get some interaction between then. And so we can finally get a backstory on why doesn't have a pokemon on hand at the moment (or at all).
Yaaaaasss, this would be ideal!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That is something to think about. Third version games seem to be a thing of the past now. This makes the third Dexholder and Starter not set in stone. Hopefully PokeSpecial will be creative about this. Delphox with Malva was...okay, but then Fennekin line really got shafted in the XY chapters from what I can tell. Sun and Moon should not repeat that mistake with any of their Starter lines.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just to side track a bit. Pokebank has been updated with S/M compatibility and sadly, the National Pokedex simply pools together all the games' existing Dex entries, meaning we get no new flavor text for old Pokemon not appearing in S/M. Interestingly, Ash-Greninja is not included as an alternate forme of Greninja in Bank's National Dex. It won't get 'dropped' like Spiky Ear Pichu since it can be stored in Bank and will likely be transferrable to the next Gen. Still, it probably won't get further explanations to its origins and will be left as it is from what I see.

This really makes Y's Greninja carrying the Battle Bond ability appear silly. It should have simply been referenced and not made an actual entity in the manga, much less one belonging to a main character.

P.S. Why isn't the official site updated yet?

Coronis~

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
This really makes Y's Greninja carrying the Battle Bond ability appear silly. It should have simply been referenced and not made an actual entity in the manga, much less one belonging to a main character.

Coronis~
It's entirely possible it'll get a vague mention at best, like with the implications that Emerald and Red's Snorlax are the parents of Dia's Munchlax, perhaps some line about how a Greninja once took on a new form in a way in which evolution took a slightly different path compared to mega evolution in Kalos.

Last edited:

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Official website updated. The headline news talks about the upcoming fan meeting on February 25th and 26th and apparently there'll be some big announcement? Fingers crossed it's related to volume 53...

e9310103838

They seem to intend to launch SM mini-volume.

And they seem to be releasing amazing news. I do not know what this means. They even mentioned something about that Crys learns the ultimate skill, Red learns Mega evolution, and Gold's childhood, etc. ;317;

Last edited:

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
They seem to intend to launch SM mini-volume.

And they seem to be releasing amazing news. I do not know what this means. They even mentioned something about that Crys learns the ultimate skill, Red learns Mega evolution, and Gold's childhood, etc. ;317;

SM mini volume means that BW2 still won't be finished for quite some time.... oh well, at least we get new cover art~

As for that 'amazing news', an anime still seems like a pipe dream, so I'm betting on maybe an OVA just to be safe. Them mentioning Red, Crys, and Gold seems to imply side stories of some sort though.

Status
Not open for further replies.