• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Lucky3

Only 14 pages? And not a lot of stuff seems to be happening either. Kind of dissapointing after the long wait, honestly. We still don't even know what's up with the protagonists.

By the way, is that the light stone blushing in that one panel?

Last edited:

Moni_22

That ending though! Lots of dialogue in this chapter, seems like the final battle is coming

Next chapter is February 23

By the way, is that the light stone blushing in that one panel?

I think Black is conscious in the Light Stone and he decided to go to that place to meet White again. N tells that to White and that makes the Light Stone blush

Last edited:

iml908

Glad the climax seems to be coming, and that White will at least be around for it. Maybe she'll command Zekrom for a while.

lolipiece

Staff member
You know, I think I get it. Why these chapters are fourteen pages long.

It's similar to how volume 40 did it. With the exception of the final one (not counting chapter covers and character biographies), not a single chapter went over 20 pages. This allowed the book to produce a total of eleven chapters.

The shorter page count means that the story will move at a decent, yet quick pace, and without unnecessary fluff.

e9310103838

You know, I think I get it. Why these chapters are fourteen pages long.

It's similar to how volume 40 did it. With the exception of the final one (not counting chapter covers and character biographies), not a single chapter went over 20 pages. This allowed the book to produce a total of eleven chapters.

The shorter page count means that the story will move at a decent, yet quick pace, and without unnecessary fluff.

They just splits one round into two, like they have done in the past. ;424;

Lucky3

But last chapter was over 20 pages. They just released it in halfs. Although I guess it achieves the same effect anyway.

Do we know if this is the entire chapter or just one half?

lolipiece

Staff member
They just splits one round into two, like they have done in the past. ;424;

Yes, but if you've noticed, each half is usually treated like its own separate chapter.

Nearly every chapter of Pokespe ends on some kind of cliffhanger, and these halves are no different.

But last chapter was over 20 pages. They just released it in halfs. Although I guess it achieves the same effect anyway.

Do we know if this is the entire chapter or just one half?

It is a half.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
And the new SM chapter coming up just couple a of days from now

That ending though! Lots of dialogue in this chapter, seems like the final battle is coming

Next chapter is February 23

Wishing for NO MORE ENDLESS DELAYS!!!
and finally give way to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon chapter as long as BW2 chapter ends

Last edited:

Lucky3

And the new SM chapter coming up just couple a of days from now

Wishing for NO MORE ENDLESS DELAYS!!!
and finally give way to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon chapter as long as BW2 chapter ends

Well, if Volume 54 has nine chapters like 53 and we keep the half-a-chapter per month schedule, BW2 might end in summer 2019. At that point gen 8 will have been announced already(assuming it's not going to happen this year). That doesn't leave a lot of room for a USUM chapter to be relevant. Not to mention it would be a little weird to have SM and USUM running at the same time, unless Ul-sun and Tra-moon are a thing and their adventures are completely unrelated to Sun and Moon, like what happened with Emerald.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Well, if Volume 54 has nine chapters like 53 and we keep the half-a-chapter per month schedule, BW2 might end in summer 2019.

53 had more than usual because the first half of the book had pretty short chapters, usually around the 16 page marker. These are released regular size.

If we have the standard seven (but still split in two), then we have approximately 11 more halves left. Give or take, it depends on how long the remaining chapters are released.

At that point gen 8 will have been announced already(assuming it's not going to happen this year). That doesn't leave a lot of room for a USUM chapter. Not to mention it would be a little weird to have SM and USUM running at the same time, unless Ul-sun and Tra-moon are a thing and their adventures are completely unrelated to Sun and Moon, like what happened with Emerald.

We've already had Necrozma mentioned, so we're probably not getting another one.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Ok this is heading to a climax that is making it worth (some of) the wait.

BUT WHY CAN'T BLACK GET OUT OF THE DARN ROCK ALREADY??
So I wasn't sure if N vs Dennis Ghetsis is in Giant Chasm or on Plasma Frigate, could someone please clarify? I kind of think that Kyurem is going to turn into Black Kyurem at the end of this battle, and Black will get out of the rock (FINALLY) and battle it to the ground with Reshiram (end with that cliffhanger of Black and Reshiram getting out of the rock and staring Ghetsis down)

Moni_22

So I wasn't sure if N vs Dennis Ghetsis is in Giant Chasm or on Plasma Frigate, could someone please clarify?

It was in the Chasm, inside the cave. I guess we are going to see the fight right here, which is fine by me, I just want to see more progression!

By the way a little note is that when N says "I will defeat Ghetsis, Team Plasma and Kyurem" the text says Ghetsis but it reads as "Father" for clarification. Just a little something that is usually lost in translation

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just picked up Ichiban as it came in early this month. We first get a glimpse of which the calendar pages would look like. The Feb/Mar picture intrigues me as it suggests that Hau would get Primarina? Or maybe it's just for completion sake to showcase all three final starter forms (in which case Hau's accompanied by a Malasada and not a Pokemon).

Nighttime has fallen and Kukui's yacht ship sails from Akala to Ula'ula. Moon is asleep and Sun finishes wrapping up his other parcels (turns out Tapu Koko's task is not considered complete yet). He wants to get some rest himself but bumps into Rotomdex, which Kukui was asked to fix by Moon. However, he found that Rotom nor the Dex was actually malfunctioning, but probably needs to expel the extra electrical signals zapped into it by the mysterious being. Sun recalls Rotomdex mentioning Necrozma, but Kukui has no idea what it means (since he said he is a move-expert only). He hopes that his wife who is an expert in alien creatures would know, but at that moment, Burnet shows up on Mantine surfing and reveals that she unfortunately has no idea either. Burnet has brought Lillie along, who is seasick from the surfing, and Burnet thanks Sun for his Pyukumuku essence, despite angry at him at the same time for beating Masked Royal.

Suddenly, a flower shaped antenna pops up in the water and everyone starts to get drowsy. Lillie is thrown into the sea and Sun tries to rescue her by summoning Sharpedo. It turns out to be a wild Bruxish, and Sun sends Baht out to fight, who schools, turns big and clashes with Bruxish. Sun passes out and later gets washed ashore on Ula'ula with Lillie. Acerola finds them, and asks her Sandygast to hoist them back to the Aether House. Sun is later waken by Yungoos and the kids chasing each other around (hitting him on the face in the progress), and wakes to find Lillie, who has never really met him but heard much of him since Burnet was basically ruminating about Sun's victory over the Masked Royal daily. Sun blushes a bit as he compliments on Lillie's beauty, but Lillie gets uneasy when Sun describes her as just like a doll (probably reminding her of what Lusamine is doing to her). Sun learns that they are at the Aether House, and Sun sees Acerola speaking on the phone outside, recognizing her amulet which suggests that she is a Captain.

Meanwhile, at the Aether Foundation, a male worker reports to Faba about the three people rescued by their patrol ships. Faba gets upset however since the worker did not address him as Branch Chief, and throws him down with Hypno. We see that Faba is writing a popular blog, and Wicke barges in to report that the three rescued people have awakened, again upsetting Faba by not calling him his title. The three turn out to be Kukui, Burnet and Moon, and after knowing that Moon has no idea where she is, Faba decides to give her a tour at the Aether Foundation...

=========================

And a brief summary for the current B2W2 first half of Chapter 18:
White sends out her team (including Gigi) upon seeing N, but her Pokemon sense that Zekrom has not come to fight. N is happy that White still hears the voices of Pokemon, but could not answer her why Reshiram was the only dragon who returned to stone form. N states that Zekrom would like the Light Stone to come along, and scoops White up as they head off to Kyurem. White has heard about Kyurem's nature from Drayden, and is shocked that N is still approaching it knowing it intends to absorb Zekrom. N states that it is Zekrom's will and he could not fully understand the reason. He did reveal that the Light Stone was initially flying along them, and abruptly dips to the Entralink where White was (we see the Light Stone blushing). As they approach the Plasma Frigate, Kyurem becomes unsettled as it detects the other dragons' arrival. Ghetsis decides to take on N himself since he knows of the boy's weaknesses. Colress warns Ghetsis not to go soft on his son, but Ghetsis states that he never has any fatherly feelings for N. And so, N, who has vowed not to threaten Unova again, is about to clash with Ghetsis...

===============================

Glad that we are getting some progress on B2W2 finally, though it is a bit disheartening that they are still doing the split chapter thing after such a long hiatus. It interests me that Black seems to have control over the Light Stone's movement since I thought the Light Stone flew off on its own in the first place. Well, perhaps he has learnt to gain the ability to override Reshiram's actions after 2 years.

For S/M, even more USUM elements incorporated, and it 'seems' that we really aren't getting a separate USUM arc as many of us prayed.

Coronis~

lolipiece

Staff member
Hau would be the kind of person who uses food as a weapon.

Oh, and if Moon is at Aether, that means she'll be the one who sees Nihilego.

Last edited:

Lucky3

Hau would be the kind of person who uses food as a weapon.

Oh, and if Moon is at Aether, that means she'll be the one who sees Nihilego.
I hope she thinks it's cute and freaks out and Lusamine gives her a ''It's mine, b**ch'' glare XD.

About BW2, I've just had a thought. Maybe the reason Zekrom didn't turn into stone is because it's searching for a new hero of ideals, since N lost. And that could be Whi-Two. I mean, if she's going to get N's Pokemon, which seems likely, why not Zekrom, too? He gives it to the player in the game. Plus, she got her beliefs on her own, as opposed to being brainwashed into it like N.

And I'm guessing this confrontation is going to end with Kyurem absorbing Zekrom like in the game, since it was Black Kyurem that appeared in the cover of volume 53. Although you'd think it would be easier to absorb Reshiram because it's already in stone form. Maybe the fact that Black is also there messes with something? And now that I think of it, does Ghetsis have the DNA splicers? Have they even been mentioned yet?

Last edited:

Moni_22

Thanks for the summary Coronis! Seems like we may get Nihilego next chapter.

For S/M, even more USUM elements incorporated, and it 'seems' that we really aren't getting a separate USUM arc as many of us prayed.

Actually I think they can mix SM and USUM's story so I wouldn't like to have a separate chapter. SM is taking too long because it's monthly so I prefer if it doesn't get rushed just because they need to do another arc after it

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
On a different note, could Sun's wishiwashi be the showcase for the totem-sized Pokemon of USUM or do you think we'll get another (since Wishiwashi isn't in USUM and as such can't be one)?

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I hope she thinks it's cute and freaks out and Lusamine gives her a ''It's mine, b**ch'' glare XD.

About BW2, I've just had a thought. Maybe the reason Zekrom didn't turn into stone is because it's searching for a new hero of ideals, since N lost. And that could be Whi-Two. I mean, if she's going to get N's Pokemon, which seems likely, why not Zekrom, too? He gives it to the player in the game. Plus, she got her beliefs on her own, as opposed to being brainwashed into it like N.

And I'm guessing this confrontation is going to end with Kyurem absorbing Zekrom like in the game, since it was Black Kyurem that appeared in the cover of volume 53. Although you'd think it would be easier to absorb Reshiram because it's already in stone form. Maybe the fact that Black is also there messes with something? And now that I think of it, does Ghetsis have the DNA splicers? Have they even been mentioned yet?

Lack-two has them with him...at the bottom of the sea currently.
It was mentioned in his report at the end of volume 52. So nobody is getting absorbed until he gets defrosted.

lolipiece

Staff member
On a different note, could Sun's wishiwashi be the showcase for the totem-sized Pokemon of USUM or do you think we'll get another (since Wishiwashi isn't in USUM and as such can't be one)?

Totem Wishiwashi isn't any different from a regular Wishiwashi (probably due to fighting it in School Form). That's why you can't get one in USUM.

Lack-two has them with him...at the bottom of the sea currently.
It was mentioned in his report at the end of volume 52. So nobody is getting absorbed until he gets defrosted.

We don't know if he has it on hand. It's probably in his room.

Status
Not open for further replies.