• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Alola, Alola! It's time for the first Pokespe of the new year!

DxaO3qWVAAAityJ.jpg

DxaO6TXUwAEqnNK.jpg

DxaO8oXU8AA1MKR.jpg

DxaO-4FU0AEAcyu.jpg

Soliera debuts as well as Poipole.

Next stop, the Ultra Megaopolis.

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
Now that Poipole has appeared, I’m certain it should be that Moon obtains it. (Which I also realized its evolution, Nagandel, can only be seen from the player’s possession, after evolving)
The question is, if so, how would Moon obtain Poipole from Zossie, shown here? In-game, it is given after defeating Ultra Necrozma as sign of gratitude. For me, I think it would be something like Zossie is out of commission, where it is up to her to use Poipole

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Alternatively, they can just simply give it to Moon, like in the games. No need for any "out of commission" stuff.

It's not like the Recon Squad are proper Trainers to begin with.

Also, for the love of all that is good, please show actual citizens in the Megalopolis. I hated how the games just don't show the people living in there because of non-existent reasons.

Expand on this new location, please.

TotallyNotCrt

Got my copy in, but it's more or less just snippet summaries like last time.
https://twitter.com/taddlelegacy/status/1087403412939988992
Dxc0praV4AEdXN-.jpg

Sun gets rash and attacks the Ultra Recon Squad, Moon stops him and they get into an argument.
Dxc1OzOU8AAJ57d.jpg

Dxc1kTAVAAE2eT9.jpg

Zossie asks Dulse if that's the thing called a Pokemon Battle and she hops on Lunala excited because it's the first time she's seen one and grabs something out of her bag much to Dulse's dismay and takes a Poipole out.
Dxc19qvVAAAVu-5.jpg

Of course it'd grab Moon's attention because Poipole's a Poison type.
Dxc2OVEVYAA40r5.jpg

Dxc2SOYVAAMW3CG.jpg

And this shortlived battle, if you can call it that, ends with Sun's Zygarde getting curbstomped as well by Zossie's Poipole. Zossie's so happy she won her first Pokemon battle.
Dxc5u2_VAAE9wiT.jpg

Moon tries to rationally explain who she is and asks if they could go along with them. Dulse says he refuses because they have a mission/objective they need to get back doing. Lunala also supposedly can't ride 4 people too.
Dxc6UKYVAAIbQlv.jpg

Zossie shenanigans. That is all. (The Poke Ball doesn't work and Poipole breaks out)
Dxc6mbAVAAMUXkr.jpg

Dxc6siUVAAELrPV.jpg

Regular Poke Balls don't work. Another foreshadowing of Beast Balls.
Dxc7A_dVAAI1O7v.jpg

Lunala vanishes from Zossie and Dulse and appears in front of Sun and Moon. To the Ultra Recon Squad's surprise, Dulse assumes that these two must've known it back when it was a Cosmog in Alola.
Dxc7e90VAAAbmNL.jpg

Dulse says this is troubling and will get Captain Phyco angry for sure and Zossie tries to take back Lunala, but it refuses.
Dxc922cUcAANegn.jpg

Sun praises Moon because she's trying to think up of ways to save Alola
Dxc-thMUcAM5VmB.jpg

Blushy Moon. Appreciate her.
Dxc_PXCU8AA3Idz.jpg

Sun tells em to hop on, but Dulse says again that Lunala can't ride four people. So Zossie asks if it's okay if she went with them. Finally, they also take off their masks and give them their names!
Dxc_rumVAAAXY3t.jpg

Dulse contacts Soliera and informs her that he's lost Lunala. Here we also see Necrozma in pain despite absorbing Solgaleo.
DxdAGBDUYAEsEnD.jpg

Ultra Warp Riding!
DxdAhXkUcAAeXNb.jpg

Lore drops about the Wormholes and where the Ultra Beasts reside. Guzzlord's world, Ultra Ruin, is not present at all though. This is pure speculation, but maybe they'd come across it in the future. It is a post-apocalyptic Hau'oli City after all.
DxdBFTKVsAA5Glq.jpg

Chapter ends when Zossie tells them to enter a certain Warp Hole which leads them to Ultra Megalopolis.

lolipiece

Staff member
Hmm. Maybe the Ultra Ruin will be where the final battle against Necrozma takes place.

No risk of destroying Alola if they're in an Alola that's already destroyed.

Nice to see Zossie joining them, even getting to battle. I hate it when Game Freak adds new characters in third versions that can't be battled (Looker, Charon, etc). It's really frustrating when in a game where you have to battle other people to progress, they create characters with unique designs that can't be battled. It kind of makes them feel superfluous.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
They say Ultra Necrozma is the ray of sunshine that shines bright throughout the gloomy Ultra Megalopolis. HOWEVER! I disagree! Zossie is that ray of sunshine that shines throughout the gloomy Megalopolis!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
just a question, why are the plot discussion threads' names 2 months early

TotallyNotCrt

just a question, why are the plot discussion threads' names 2 months early
Because the chapter comes from the March issue of CoroCoro Ichiban.
It's also a pull date for when the magazine should be removed from store shelves.
So essentially, it's the expiration/cut-off date to purchase those magazines new.
Though with online shopping, you can always find the back catalog of older magazines.

lolipiece

Staff member
...I was expecting new artwork. Instead, they're using art from the volume covers to represent each individual chapters. Kind of boring, but whatever. At least it's updating again.

Though why the change the front page design to begin with (they even changed the background from blue to green)? Are they going to overhaul the site's design? It'd be nice to move away from all the yellow we've had for decades.

lolipiece

Staff member
We don't know what "power" they were talking about. It could easily be opening wormholes or just fighting power (Nebby was able to blast a bunch of UBs while Solgaleo just stood there).

Also, Sun rejected Solgaleo, Moon didn't.

Last edited:

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
We don't know what "power" they were talking about. It could easily be opening wormholes or just fighting power (Nebby was able to blast a bunch of UBs while Solgaleo just stood there).

Also, Sun rejected Solgaleo, Moon didn't.
By the way, you did theorize Ultra Ruin will be the place of the final battle. In-game, there is a single Guzzlord in Ultra Ruin. Do you think the manga will show that one Guzzlord, or instead show evidences that a Guzzlord was there? Since, only one Guzzlord was shown in the manga, like the games.

shoz999

By the way, you did theorize Ultra Ruin will be the place of the final battle. In-game, there is a single Guzzlord in Ultra Ruin. Do you think the manga will show that one Guzzlord, or instead show evidences that a Guzzlord was there? Since, only one Guzzlord was shown in the manga, like the games.
Anything could happen, not enough information. However from the looks of things, it does seem like the SM crew will explore other UB worlds because their heading to Ultra Megalopolis in such haste. The reason why I think that is that Pokemon Adventures SM are only over 25 chapters in, so they do have enough time to explore other areas however... with the tight schedule, BW2, possibly Let's Go and 8th gen coming in soon, it wouldn't surprise me if Kusaka decides to finish the epic battle against Necrozma quickly.

Honestly, if it was up to me, I'd let Kusaka take his time writing the story that gamers want while adding surprises that goes against their expectations. As in finish the BW2 story first, then make the SM story the way he wants it and then he can focus on Let's Go and Gen 8 later without having to worry about deadlines influenced by game releases. In fact, it might be interesting actually to see future generation references in adaptations of older games. We seen a bit of it in BW2 where they referenced Kukui for example.

lolipiece

Staff member

No there isn't. They explicitly state there are more. We only see one because we only get one UB per visit in all of their homeworlds. It respawns just like the others.

Second, why bother when we've already seen at least two Guzzlord?

The final battle is probably gonna be Complete Zygarde vs Ultra Necrozma and maybe Motherbeast Lusamine. But we'll have to wait and see where that goes.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Anything could happen, not enough information. However from the looks of things, it does seem like the SM crew will explore other UB worlds because their heading to Ultra Megalopolis in such haste. The reason why I think that is that Pokemon Adventures SM are only over 25 chapters in, so they do have enough time to explore other areas however... with the tight schedule, BW2, possibly Let's Go and 8th gen coming in soon, it wouldn't surprise me if Kusaka decides to finish the epic battle against Necrozma quickly.

Honestly, if it was up to me, I'd let Kusaka take his time writing the story that gamers want while adding surprises that goes against their expectations. As in finish the BW2 story first, then make the SM story the way he wants it and then he can focus on Let's Go and Gen 8 later without having to worry about deadlines influenced by game releases. In fact, it might be interesting actually to see future generation references in adaptations of older games. We seen a bit of it in BW2 where they referenced Kukui for example.

However, this month's progress is a explanation round basically instead of rushing work. I think SM might be longer than we think. ;)

shoz999

Got my copy in, but it's more or less just snippet summaries like last time.
https://twitter.com/taddlelegacy/status/1087403412939988992
Dxc0praV4AEdXN-.jpg

Sun gets rash and attacks the Ultra Recon Squad, Moon stops him and they get into an argument.
Dxc1OzOU8AAJ57d.jpg

Dxc1kTAVAAE2eT9.jpg

Zossie asks Dulse if that's the thing called a Pokemon Battle and she hops on Lunala excited because it's the first time she's seen one and grabs something out of her bag much to Dulse's dismay and takes a Poipole out.
Dxc19qvVAAAVu-5.jpg

Of course it'd grab Moon's attention because Poipole's a Poison type.
Dxc2OVEVYAA40r5.jpg

Dxc2SOYVAAMW3CG.jpg

And this shortlived battle, if you can call it that, ends with Sun's Zygarde getting curbstomped as well by Zossie's Poipole. Zossie's so happy she won her first Pokemon battle.
Dxc5u2_VAAE9wiT.jpg

Moon tries to rationally explain who she is and asks if they could go along with them. Dulse says he refuses because they have a mission/objective they need to get back doing. Lunala also supposedly can't ride 4 people too.
Dxc6UKYVAAIbQlv.jpg

Zossie shenanigans. That is all. (The Poke Ball doesn't work and Poipole breaks out)
Dxc6mbAVAAMUXkr.jpg

Dxc6siUVAAELrPV.jpg

Regular Poke Balls don't work. Another foreshadowing of Beast Balls.
Dxc7A_dVAAI1O7v.jpg

Lunala vanishes from Zossie and Dulse and appears in front of Sun and Moon. To the Ultra Recon Squad's surprise, Dulse assumes that these two must've known it back when it was a Cosmog in Alola.
Dxc7e90VAAAbmNL.jpg

Dulse says this is troubling and will get Captain Phyco angry for sure and Zossie tries to take back Lunala, but it refuses.
Dxc922cUcAANegn.jpg

Sun praises Moon because she's trying to think up of ways to save Alola
Dxc-thMUcAM5VmB.jpg

Blushy Moon. Appreciate her.
Dxc_PXCU8AA3Idz.jpg

Sun tells em to hop on, but Dulse says again that Lunala can't ride four people. So Zossie asks if it's okay if she went with them. Finally, they also take off their masks and give them their names!
Dxc_rumVAAAXY3t.jpg

Dulse contacts Soliera and informs her that he's lost Lunala. Here we also see Necrozma in pain despite absorbing Solgaleo.
DxdAGBDUYAEsEnD.jpg

Ultra Warp Riding!
DxdAhXkUcAAeXNb.jpg

Lore drops about the Wormholes and where the Ultra Beasts reside. Guzzlord's world, Ultra Ruin, is not present at all though. This is pure speculation, but maybe they'd come across it in the future. It is a post-apocalyptic Hau'oli City after all.
DxdBFTKVsAA5Glq.jpg

Chapter ends when Zossie tells them to enter a certain Warp Hole which leads them to Ultra Megalopolis.
I decided to literally take your advice to appreciate blushy Moon using that pic for my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.