• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
One of the last ones I think. It's mentioned that Burnet 'really liked a pro wrestler' when she was in university or something like that.
Got it, chapter 541. It is in page 21

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
is it me or did the chapter feel shorter than usual?

BenLee really not taken

Do you think we will constantly get monthly chapter until the arc ends? Because as of nearly 3 years, only 27 chapters have been out, and there are significant amount of people on Twitter and various other media who are saying Sun and Moon arc is bad, mainly to the rushed nature.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Do you think we will constantly get monthly chapter until the arc ends? Because as of nearly 3 years, only 27 chapters have been out, and there are significant amount of people on Twitter and various other media who are saying Sun and Moon arc is bad, mainly to the rushed nature.
I think it's far from bad. In fact I think it's so far one of the far more interesting and original story-lines that explores issues like family loss, denial, hopelessness, betrayal, the feeling to be needed and have recognition, how one's inner-darkness can affect those who are close to you in scary yet very real ways while also seeing our favorite characters overcome most of these issues through friendship, understanding and trust in one another through this light-hearted fictional adventure exploring multiple worlds. This is afterall... Kingdom Hearts?

But seriously, as an adaption of the Sun and Moon games,I do agree it's actually a disappointment but as an original story that deals with such dark issues while overcoming these issues with the usual themes that made us love Pokemon as children in the first-place, I want to see how this story finishes from beginning to end.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Do you think we will constantly get monthly chapter until the arc ends?

Um, yes...? Why wouldn't we?

Because as of nearly 3 years, only 27 chapters have been out, and there are significant amount of people on Twitter and various other media who are saying Sun and Moon arc is bad, mainly to the rushed nature

Who cares what random people think?

That being said, Pokespe is in a bad place. It has been since early 2012, and with Game Freak constantly releasing new entries, it's honestly become impossible to keep up. But as unfortunate as that is, Game Freak isn't going to stop for Pokespe and have they have no reason to. Neither side is truly at fault here.

Kusaka is clearly trying to make the best of what's he got with the limited amount of time, and it's obvious there's so much more he wants to do, but until the B2W2 stuff is finished, it probably won't get better (and honestly, I'm not even sure if that would fix it, anyway.)

I fear he may be forced to end Pokespe sooner or later with all of this, but if it ever comes to that, let's hope it's with a bang and not a whimper.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Um, yes...? Why wouldn't we?

Who cares what random people think?

That being said, Pokespe is in a bad place. It has been since early 2012, and with Game Freak constantly releasing new entries, it's honestly become impossible to keep up. But as unfortunate as that is, Game Freak isn't going to stop for Pokespe and have they have no reason to. Neither side is truly at fault here.

Kusaka is clearly trying to make the best of what's he got with the limited amount of time, and it's obvious there's so much more he wants to do, but until the B2W2 stuff is finished, it probably won't get better (and honestly, I'm not even sure if that would fix it, anyway.)

I fear he may be forced to end Pokespe sooner or later with all of this, but if it ever comes to that, let's hope it's with a bang and not a whimper.
Honestly I hope Kusaka has planned a possible successor similar to Satoshi to Masuda and possibly to Ohmori in Gen 8.

As of now, I believe the best solution is that Kusaka at least needs a second writer to wrap things up with Pokemon Adventures Black and White 2. He literally needs a second writer and not only is this a fast solution, it's also probably the best one for Pokemon Adventures. I'm not saying he's getting a second writer to write a completely new Pokemon Adventures story. I'm saying he needs a second writer to fill-in an already half-complete story arc that probably has tons of Kusaka's notes on how it ends. A second and entirely new writer working on an already nearly-completed story arc has a less chance of interfering with the Pokemon Adventures continuity and Kusaka can continue to work on Pokemon Adventures without worry. This may also serve as a sort of "launch platform" for Kusaka's second writer in the future if this problem ever happens again and it definitely will with GameFreak's fast release schedule.

Although I suppose the next biggest problem is the Pokemon Adventures artist? I'm not familiar with how difficult an artist's work so I'm not sure if Satoshi Yamamoto can handle multiple Adventures adaptations at one once a second writer is implemented. I suppose he could possibly need a partner too.

BenLee really not taken

Honestly I hope Kusaka has planned a possible successor similar to Satoshi to Masuda and possibly to Ohmori in Gen 8.

As of now, I believe the best solution is that Kusaka at least needs a second writer to wrap things up with Pokemon Adventures Black and White 2. He literally needs a second writer and not only is this a fast solution, it's also probably the best one for Pokemon Adventures. I'm not saying he's getting a second writer to write a completely new Pokemon Adventures story. I'm saying he needs a second writer to fill-in an already half-complete story arc that probably has tons of Kusaka's notes on how it ends. A second and entirely new writer working on an already nearly-completed story arc has a less chance of interfering with the Pokemon Adventures continuity and Kusaka can continue to work on Pokemon Adventures without worry. This may also serve as a sort of "launch platform" for Kusaka's second writer in the future if this problem ever happens again and it definitely will with GameFreak's fast release schedule.

Although I suppose the next biggest problem is the Pokemon Adventures artist? I'm not familiar with how difficult an artist's work so I'm not sure if Satoshi Yamamoto can handle multiple Adventures adaptations at one once a second writer is implemented. I suppose he could possibly need a partner too.
And also, the single monthly release, I heard was due to only one magazine run. Why don’t Kusaka try to get more magazines to release the chapters? In which, since the December of 2016 to January of 2019, there were so 27 chapters released in about 26 months.
Lastly, I am pretty sure Kusaka and Yamamoto would not stop writing Pokémon any soon, unless there are sources that show he is very stable financially enough to retire. (Heard how most Mangaka write for life)

Last edited:
Once BW2 gets completed, they'll do a mass release of the other volumes correct? Didn't ViZ at one point do a mass release of a certain series years ago for readers to catch up? I doubt anybody wants to wait bimonthly after years of delays and trouble. Looking at release dates, BW2 is currently the longest arc not completed and I hope I'm wrong. Working on two (eventually three for generation 8) stories is hard work. I'm surprised 2015 and 2018 were break periods of releases and hopefully BW2 is being written for the best outcome to wrap it up.

BW launched on September 18, 2010 for DS
(Japan 2012*-2014, USA 2013-2015)
*BW appeared after the climax of HGSS

BW2 launched on June 23, 2012 for DS

BW2 volume 1 (52)
December 26, 2014
January 3, 2017

BW2 volume 2 (53)
August 8, 2017
July 10, 2018

XY mini volumes
6 for Japan
12 for US

ORAS mini volumes
3 for Japan
6 for US

So technically , we're nine volumes short (unless they merge) and counting by going Japanese standard of volumes. When was BW2's recent chapter? May? Who knows, maybe volume 54 will be the biggest turn of events. How far are we in Sun Moon Adventures compared to the games? Half way?

lolipiece

Staff member
Once BW2 gets completed, they'll do a mass release of the other volumes correct?

Most likely. When Yamamoto replaced Mato, they released volumes 8, 9, and 10 on the same day.

And volumes 45-47 were released in the span of three months.

XY is basically finished enough, so they can blaze through that with only minimal changes and it'd still be just fine.

BenLee really not taken

Once BW2 gets completed, they'll do a mass release of the other volumes correct? Didn't ViZ at one point do a mass release of a certain series years ago for readers to catch up? I doubt anybody wants to wait bimonthly after years of delays and trouble. Looking at release dates, BW2 is currently the longest arc not completed and I hope I'm wrong. Working on two (eventually three for generation 8) stories is hard work. I'm surprised 2015 and 2018 were break periods of releases and hopefully BW2 is being written for the best outcome to wrap it up.

BW launched on September 18, 2010 for DS
(Japan 2012*-2014, USA 2013-2015)
*BW appeared after the climax of HGSS

BW2 launched on June 23, 2012 for DS

BW2 volume 1 (52)
December 26, 2014
January 3, 2017

BW2 volume 2 (53)
August 8, 2017
July 10, 2018

XY mini volumes
6 for Japan
12 for US

ORAS mini volumes
3 for Japan
6 for US

So technically , we're nine volumes short (unless they merge) and counting by going Japanese standard of volumes. When was BW2's recent chapter? May? Who knows, maybe volume 54 will be the biggest turn of events. How far are we in Sun Moon Adventures compared to the games? Half way?

Some guy on Tumblr named ultraericthered heavily speculates volume 54 will surely be out this year, seeing how Volumes 52 came on 2017, and 53 on 2018. In fact, he even has a link to german order for volume 54 on Amazon.
Also, one thing I stumbled on TV trope.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/PokemonAdventures
It here says USUM arc, is a half parody of Pokémon adventure. So what are some examples of those found on SMUSUM chapters?

e9310103838

Some guy on Tumblr named ultraericthered heavily speculates volume 54 will surely be out this year, seeing how Volumes 52 came on 2017, and 53 on 2018. In fact, he even has a link to german order for volume 54 on Amazon.
Also, one thing I stumbled on TV trope.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/PokemonAdventures
It here says USUM arc, is a half parody of Pokémon adventure. So what are some examples of those found on SMUSUM chapters?

It's been a year and a half since the volume 53 was launched. I don't think they will break the record of volume 52 to 53 two and a half years apart. So volume 54 is very likely to launch this year.

On the other hand, Yamamoto said on Twitter that he painted Whi-two again for the first time recently....oh. o_O

lolipiece

Staff member
God I hope so.

Volume 52 came out in 2014. Why are you using the English releases for a Japanese comic?

And if I remember correctly, they listed an English release of volume 54 before it was even announced in for Japan. Of course, it was taken down, so these don't really mean much.

BenLee really not taken

Back in ch 26, Pikachu shirts were shown, which were one of the cloths that can’t be obtained by money. Would that mean more of those special cloths will be shown, like the Karate Gi Jacket or Trial Guide tees? (Although somewhat unlikely)
Another thing is, Necrozma was almost never shown in its base form, where I feel like the last chapter will be on Mount Lanakila, and they find Necrozma there like the games. For the final battle itself, it seems to be almost guaranteed it Sun with Zygarde complete form versus Ultra Necrozma. Where, I can also imagine Moon battles Lusamine fused with Naganadel. And all of that, somehow happening on Ultra Ruin.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Back in ch 26, Pikachu shirts were shown, which were one of the cloths that can’t be obtained by money. Would that mean more of those special cloths will be shown, like the Karate Gi Jacket or Trial Guide tees? (Although somewhat unlikely)

The Pikachu clothes were just an easy way of showing that they've spent a long time in the Ultra Deep Sea. Nothing more than intermediate design for the first and second outfits.

Another thing is, Necrozma was almost never shown in its base form, where I feel like the last chapter will be on Mount Lanakila, and they find Necrozma there like the games.

Or it'll revert to its base form after they free it from Solgaleo, after which it'll latch onto Nebby and become Dawn Wings Necrozma.

Status
Not open for further replies.