1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

March Plot Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by lolipiece, Jan 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolipiece

lolipiece All smiles Staff Member Moderator

'Ello, 'ello! It's time for Pokespe SwSh for January! First chapter of the new decade!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gym Leaders debut! Hey, we see Milo's younger brother. I believe he's only mentioned in Milo's concept art.

And Sobble's Trainer is...Marvin? Well, this is different than the norm.

Also, there's a Gurdurr? Guess we know what Soudo's next team member is going to be.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  2. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Marvin seems to have a bigger role here than we thought. Interesting

3. Moni_22

Moni_22 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's interesting. I thought Marvin would only appear in the first chapter but he's going to go with them and even has the third starter, that's new. Also it's great to see the gym leaders, I really liked them in the games. I wonder if we'll see the rivals next. Also, I'm interested to see how Kusaka will incorporate the DLC stuff.

Edit: I find it funny that Yamamoto drew Milo with a nose, it seems weird now lol

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  4. lolipiece

So, assuming these images show all the Gym Leaders that appear in this chap, then Kusaka is deliberately avoiding showing the version exclusives, Piers, and Raihan.

Raihan's the strongest, so he'll probably be saved for last.

Piers is connected to Marnie and Team Yell, so he'll probably want to keep that until later.

As for Bea/Allister and Gordie/Melony, who knows. Kusaka likes to incorporate both versions as much as possible, but when he can't he typically defaults to the first of a paired set of games (BW and XY), though he technically followed Moon for SMUSUM because Nebby evolved into Lunala, not Solgaleo.

5. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Marvin is the Go of this series, calling it now,

6. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

Wow. Pokemon Adventures take on the Galar map reminds me so much of Ken Sugimori's Gen 1/Gen 2 artwork on the Kanto and Johto regions where everything just looks natural but you can tell it has a gamey feel to it still.

7. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

I really hope SWSH manga continues on from this promising start and showcases galar and everything from the games in a great way with its own spin. I'll hate it if it like SMUSUM, which also had a promising start, starts to get rushed. Considering he's probably done with B2W2, i would expect it to be done properly this time and I'm excited. So many molds being broken.

Redstar45 and Moni_22 like this.
  8. Pokemon.Manga

Pokemon.Manga Well-Known Member

looks like a good chapter but I don't like or agree with specific parts already. First I don't like that Marvin got Sobble instead of Hop or Leon. Them not getting the third starter is an indicator to me that their role might be really reduced than compared to games similarly to Hau in the Sun and Moon chapter who was just there. I can understand creating characters like Yellow and Emerald for games for their specific purposes but this seems to not have much of a purpose. Secondly I don't really like Gurdurr being a part of Sodo's team like the manga is implying. I understand that he needs an Item based team to fit his job but I personally think Dex holders especially this early should have pokemon that is a part of their generation. I was hoping to see his first capture to be a gen 8 pokemon instead of a gen 5 pokemon like Gurdurr. It looks good but these changes are quite strange.

9. lolipiece

Leon was never a main character in the games, so him getting it was never really an option. At least with Marvin, the chances of it having reduced screen time is greatly reduced.

As for Hop, who knows. I fear Kusaka may not want to put a non-Dex Holder rival character on the main cast out of fear he'll just be rehashing elements from XY.

Then let Shirudomiria have them. As far as we know, she doesn't even have a specific theme.

And it's not like there are many options. None of the Gen VIII Pokemon use tools other than Crowned Zacian. Though I guess Mr. Rime's ice cane and Dragapult's baby missiles might count.

Moni_22 and Spider-Phoenix like this.
  10. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

In my opinion it's too early to worry about Hop's plot being cut off. Even Hau's plot is very likely to be completed in the regular volumes.

And Kusaka may want to use Marvin to make Sou-chan and Shi-cahn look like senior characters.

Maybe Applin and Sinistea/Polteageist.

And we already have many Pokedex holders who have Pokemon that are not of their generation by the way. ;)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  11. TotallyNotCrt

TotallyNotCrt Well-Known Member

Got my chapter in.

Time for some bullet point summaries.
    Pictures can be found here like always:
    https://twitter.com/strawhatcrt/status/1219694232199319552

Marvin wakes up to what's assumed to be Shirudomiria's loud voice screaming "14 seconds!"

He essentially walks in asking what's going on and what's the room, and she tells him that this is her room where she programs the Dynamax simulator and also analyzes data.

When asked where Professor Magnolia is, Shirudomiria says that she's driving them around, but she doesn't need to because there's actually an auto-driving feature. Magnolia can hear them and says that she just likes to drive.

In Shirudomiria's room, she inputs a ton of data from battle and can analyze various things like how air resistance and moisture affects the hardness of Sirfetch'd's weapon, etc.

They stop in the middle of nowhere because they got a flat tire and go to investigate.
    They quickly discover it just ran over a hard pointy object.

Sobble comes out to join them, but Shirudomiria tells it to go back inside and it shouldn't be out with them. Sobble cries. Shirudomiria cries. Marvin cries. She explains that it has no trainer and they might lose it if it ever got into a battle with another Pokemon.

Marvin offers to that he'd go wait inside with Sobble, but Sobble runs away behind the tire as three Drednaw appear and it's quickly deduced that the tire got flat because of them.

Soudo asks what type is the Pokemon so they can get ready to attack. She says she doesn't know. Shirudomiria seems to have forgotten, but it's okay because she'll just remember by fighting them.

Magnolia tells Marvin to run inside and give them the smartphones on the table to Soudo and Shirudo and it turns out it's two Rotoms!

Now that they understand what they're dealing with, Shirudo tries to get Scorbunny away from the fight since it's at a type disadvantage but Drednaw knocks it out next to Sobble. Drednaw tries to chomp Sobble, but Sobble vanishes and it starts to cry and hurt itself in confusion.

Soudo takes advantage of the situation to knock em out. The group wonders where Sobble went, but Marvin points out that it's still with them as he points down to his feet where it's holding onto Marvin's leg.

Magnolia asks Marvin if hed raise Sobble. Of course he asks if that's okay, but of course it's okay!

And just like that, Sobble and Marvin are buddies~!

Elsewhere at their respective gyms, Rumors quickly spread about Soudo and Shirudomiria who are all surprised that Leon recommended not one person, but two people. The four Gym Leaders discuss it and the chapter ends.

Moni_22 likes this.
  12. Remmie

Remmie Well-Known Member

Nice! I hope Shirudo gets new pokemons soon though. I'm curious what kind of pokemon she will get.

13. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

Go Toxtricity! It's perfect. It can gigantamax and it's rock n' roll loud!

14. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

When should we get the new B2W2 chapter?:)

15. Moni_22

This week maybe? It should be up on Thursday I believe

Lord Godwin likes this.
  16. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

Like some people expect, Hugh seems to get a Snivy. :D

17. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

The new update is called 'Last Chapter #1' so the end is near. Or not, considering some of the precedent with final battles spanning anywhere from 3 chapters to 12.

18. Moni_22

N called Alder "Grandpa", that was adorable. In other news, that Snivy sure came out of nowhere... N is determined to save his "father", even though he seems like a lost cause. Ghetsis says "Don't touch me, you monster" at the end. N sees him as his father because Ghetsis found him when he was little, but Ghetsis doesn't seem to hold any affection for him. It's really depressing.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  19. Beat!

Beat! The Chords of Steel

Woah at the ending. Before looking at the last page, for a minute there i was thinking that N was going to change Ghetsis with the "power of love". But i love that this wasn't the case!

mehmeh1 likes this.
  20. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

So I guess at this rate Whitley is going to get a Tepig or a member of the Tepig line. Hmm perhaps White will give Whitely her Gigi as a gift.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.