• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Y'know, I've always found Pokespe's portrayal of Ghetsis to be far superior than the one in the games. Why? Because in Pokespe, he's a far more convincing actor.

In the games? There's no subtlety. They make no effort to hide he's evil. They outright state Ghetsis is the true bad guy when you go to the Dreamyard, and on multiple occasions, Ghetsis almost lets it slip he's manipulating everyone. Only way it'd be more obvious if "I'm the real villain" was literally tattooed on his forehead.

He always has this calm, gentle expression on his face, even when he's doing or saying awful things. It's all bull, obviously, but that's only because we the readers already know he's a baddie.

So of course, it's a lot more significant when his true, hideous nature finally comes to light.

Also, is this a half chapter? Doesn't say so, but I'm not sure.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic

So I guess at this rate Whitley is going to get a Tepig or a member of the Tepig line. Hmm perhaps White will give Whitely her Gigi as a gift.
Gigi belongs to N, so it's up to him give it to her or no.

Well, AT LAST, this is finally coming to a closure! Glad it's a good conclusion too.

Y'know, I've always found Pokespe's portrayal of Ghetsis to be far superior than the one in the games. Why? Because in Pokespe, he's a far more convincing actor.
Quite, I think he never broke his placid face a single time in all these years, but, boy, I so wish he would. Sometimes, I can't discern if he's actually just that good with his act or if he's a true believer.

lolipiece

Staff member
Quite, I think he never broke his placid face a single time in all these years, but, boy, I so wish he would. Sometimes, I can't discern if he's actually just that good with his act or if he's a true believer.

We actually see him frown just once, when he got mad at Zinzolin for sneaking into the League without permission.

But that's a pretty minor scene so it's not like it matters much, I guess.

ShadowForce720

You know considering it seems like there still doing the half chapter thing, I can't really see this being 12-13 more chapters considering if it lasted that long with the way there doing half chapters it would mean that Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 wouldn't end until well into next year. I do think that they want to finish Black 2 and White 2 this year or at the very least have be finished by early next year. So that means that once we get the other half of the current chapter, well have 5-6 chapters left at most. Now looking at it if Volume 54 is going to be the normal 7-9 chapters per volume and they don't want Black 2 and White 2 to take up half of Volume 55 then that would mean that after we get the 2nd half of the current chapter there will only be one more chapter for Volume 54 and then about 3-4 chapters in Volume 55.

So that would mean that Black 2 and White 2 will be finish by October or December of this year, of course it could end soon if there is only 1-3 chapters left after the 2nd half of the current chapter comes out or if they stop releasing half chapters and just release them in their entirety.

Moni_22

I do think that they want to finish Black 2 and White 2 this year or at the very least have be finished by early next year. So that means that once we get the other half of the current chapter, well have 5-6 chapters left at most.

To be honest, seeing the current events, I don't think there's a lot left. Maybe 2 o 3 more chapters and that's it. There's not much more to the story after defeating Ghetsis and they're all there already.

ShadowForce720

To be honest, seeing the current events, I don't think there's a lot left. Maybe 2 o 3 more chapters and that's it. There's not much more to the story after defeating Ghetsis and they're all there already.

Do you think that once they wrap up the main conflict with Ghetsis that there going to flash forward to the part where Black is battling Iris for the title of champion?

lolipiece

Staff member
You know considering it seems like there still doing the half chapter thing, I can't really see this being 12-13 more chapters considering if it lasted that long with the way there doing half chapters it would mean that Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 wouldn't end until well into next year. I do think that they want to finish Black 2 and White 2 this year or at the very least have be finished by early next year. So that means that once we get the other half of the current chapter, well have 5-6 chapters left at most. Now looking at it if Volume 54 is going to be the normal 7-9 chapters per volume and they don't want Black 2 and White 2 to take up half of Volume 55 then that would mean that after we get the 2nd half of the current chapter there will only be one more chapter for Volume 54 and then about 3-4 chapters in Volume 55.

So that would mean that Black 2 and White 2 will be finish by October or December of this year, of course it could end soon if there is only 1-3 chapters left after the 2nd half of the current chapter comes out or if they stop releasing half chapters and just release them in their entirety.

They already said XY will begin in volume 55 and will be released this year. I'm hoping for a June-August end.

Outside of a few minor plot stuff, we only have Ghetsis to take down, so it shouldn't take too long.

Moni_22

Do you think that once they wrap up the main conflict with Ghetsis that there going to flash forward to the part where Black is battling Iris for the title of champion?
That could happen in the Epilogue chapter.

Okay a bit of an unrelated q here, but why do we discuss chapters released in January as March plot discussion? Like i could understand saying February plot dicussion, but why March plot discussion?
I think it has to do with the magazine. For some reason, even if it's released in January, it's the March edition.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Honestly I kind of forgot about BW2 for a moment there but it looks like my theory about Hugh getting Snivy and Whitley getting Tepig might come true. I feel like a kid at a candy store, especially considering how most of you doubted this would happen but since it seems more like a possibility, what are your thoughts now? I wouldn't be surprised if they returned them to Cheren and White but man, oh man I still like seeing Whitley with Tepig and Hugh with Snivy, even if it's not that long.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Whitley getting Gigi seems a likely option at this point. Considering that they are interacting with each other.

April or June at the latest feels like the correct amount of time to wrap everything up. An Epilogue chapter could be volume exclusive.

BlackButterfree

I'm just glad we're finally approaching the end of B2W2. That arc's been running for the better part of a decade. Also, I'm sad that HG/SS is still going to end up being the shortest chapter with just 19 rounds. B2W2 just barely beat it.

e9310103838

I think volume 55 is most likely to start with this month plot. ;)

They already said XY will begin in volume 55 and will be released this year. I'm hoping for a June-August end.

Outside of a few minor plot stuff, we only have Ghetsis to take down, so it shouldn't take too long.

They also said that volume 43 will be released at the end of the year, but it will eventually be released early next year (Although I think they will be on time this time XD)

And I still think they hide the big plot about Lack-Two and will break out in the next rounds. :D

volcanionmaster123

I think volume 55 is most likely to start with this month plot.
And I still think they hide the big plot about Lack-Two and will break out in the next rounds. :D

I wonder what the writers gonna do with him. He was suspiciously missing this chapter. Unless Ghetsis was literally the reason for his pretty effed-up backstory, I’m not sure what Kusaka has in mind. All we know is that he’s still fighting Colress.

Oh yea, the title of this chapter says “Final” Chapter #1, but is next week really the final chapter? Quite a few people online are interpreting it as such but most on here expect there to be a few more. Is “Final” only supposed to reference the final arc that’s going on?

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I wonder what the writers gonna do with him. He was suspiciously missing this chapter. Unless Ghetsis was literally the reason for his pretty effed-up backstory, I’m not sure what Kusaka has in mind. All we know is that he’s still fighting Colress.

Oh yea, the title of this chapter says “Final” Chapter #1, but is next week really the final chapter? Quite a few people online are interpreting it as such but most on here expect there to be a few more. Is “Final” only supposed to reference the final arc that’s going on?

In Sunday Webry when looking at the list of chapters it doesn't say "Final Chapter" (Part one , like other half chapters), it's just Final Chapter 1 so that's why some of us think that there is more than one left. Besides they can't finish up everything that is left in 30 more pages, unless they cram all remaining Gen V attacks.

BlackButterfree

In Sunday Webry when looking at the list of chapters it doesn't say "Final Chapter" (Part one , like other half chapters), it's just Final Chapter 1 so that's why some of us think that there is more than one left. Besides they can't finish up everything that is left in 30 more pages, unless they cram all remaining Gen V attacks.

Well, Kusaka's already shown to be breaking major conventions with the Sword and Shield chapter just a few rounds in. Wouldn't surprise me if not every Gen. 5 attack made it into the Gen. 5 chapters, and debuted elsewhere. While it's a completely different branch of the franchise, there is precedent for this in the anime. Mew itself didn't properly debut in an anime episode until the Alola anime! (Though it did obviously show up in the first and eighth movies which were Kanto-based, and in a Sinnoh-based episode as a fantasy.)

lolipiece

Staff member
Well, Kusaka's already shown to be breaking major conventions with the Sword and Shield chapter just a few rounds in. Wouldn't surprise me if not every Gen. 5 attack made it into the Gen. 5 chapters, and debuted elsewhere.

Given that we've had few move debuts in recent arcs, I'd be inclined to agree, but Kusaka made it a point to debut over ten or so new moves this volume alone, even ones that have already been used in later arcs. Plus, he even brought Victini back to presumably to debut its still-unused sig moves.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't think it would be necessary for kusaka to include every remaining move. Imo the final battle tho will last 3 chapters. Final battle I, final battle II and final battle III

Status
Not open for further replies.