• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

AaaaAAAAAAAH!!!!
Staff member
'Ello, 'ello, hola! Ciao and bonjour!

It's a new Pokespe SV for January. First for the new year!

GEKtAjTbYAAmilr.jpg

GEKtElvasAAV2nQ.jpg

GEKtHwmaQAAruW_.jpg

GEKtLmgaMAACGzX.jpg

GEGoqMwa0AAqR0o.jpg

This month, we take a break from Violet and his merry band of misfits to exclusively focus on Scarlet, or “Letty”, as Nemona has decided to call her.

Scarlet’s Starter is revealed to be Sprigatito, leaving only Quaxly left. Here she fights Katy. Not sure if this is an actual Gym Battle or not, though.

And finally, we learn what Scarlet is after: the Treasures of Ruin!

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
It’s been 3 gen in row now , that water starter didn’t belong to the main protagonists

Lucky3

And Delphox ended up going to Whitley, so it's actually the only snubbed type now. Too bad there aren't any more extra main characters lying around.

Seems like Kusaka decided to disregard the cycle of grass->fire->water we had, probably because he figured he can only use two per gen now, so I guess he's going with his personal favorites. I was gonna say he was trying to find the better fit for the characters(hiperactive girl got hiperactive bunny, etc), but I feel Violet would have gotten Quaxly, then. I guess singing crocodile works for a flamboyant, over-the-top guy too, but c'mon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
And Delphox ended up going to Whitley
Wait, they pulled that one off? I was thinking about the same thing for a while as a solution since gen 6 had no third game lol

e9310103838

Wait, they pulled that one off? I was thinking about the same thing for a while as a solution since gen 6 had no third game lol
He probably did this in order to have Whi-Two appear again in later chapter.

For some reason Scarlet is collecting the Gimmighoul Coins (And made it clear that she wanted to collect 999), I don't know if that's the plan for her to capture a Gimmighoul?

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
By the way, does anyone know who are those two sidekicks that constantly appear alongside Clavell?
Do they have names? Do they come from the game (yeah, I never got to play SV...) or reference something?

G-SANtos

I guess Raifort is going to have a big role in Scarlet's side of the story then.

So Violet does Path of Legends and Starfall Street while Scarlet does Victory Road and the stakes (and maybe the Academy classes and the teachers' side quests?).

Wonder how they're going to do The Teal Mask and The Indigo Disk. TM can happen at any time, but ID is written as a sequel to the main story, so Kusaka would have to change to fit the plot structure, because it's very unlikely he would have DLC be a separate arc if we take SwSh as indication.

I don't know if you guys have paid attention, but the SVchapters are now being added to CoroCoro's website so you can read online, and they already some changes from the magazines. For example, in the first chapter, Scarlet now wears the Uva Academy uniform instead of Naranja, which suggests maybe Kusaka changed his mind on whether the two schools exist in the same universe.

Remember how in the SV trailers, when showing co-op they always showed four players with the Starters and Pikachu?
[...]
What if Kusaka is going to reference that in PokéSpe? Maybe Scarlet is not going to have either Sprigatito or Quaxly, and keep just Pikachu, and we'll have two original characters with the other Starters.
Well, at least I tried. Still strange they gave Pikachu to a new main character when they've kept it reserved for Red and Yellow for so many years.

And Violet having Fuecoco while Scarlet has Sprigatito fits what Kusaka has done every arc before SwSh, so it's actually strange he chose to give Shieldmilia Scorbunny instead of Sobble.

And Delphox ended up going to Whitley, so it's actually the only snubbed type now. Too bad there aren't any more extra main characters lying around.

Seems like Kusaka decided to disregard the cycle of grass->fire->water we had, probably because he figured he can only use two per gen now, so I guess he's going with his personal favorites. I was gonna say he was trying to find the better fit for the characters(hiperactive girl got hiperactive bunny, etc), but I feel Violet would have gotten Quaxly, then. I guess singing crocodile works for a flamboyant, over-the-top guy too, but c'mon.
I don't think he's ignoring the cycle. If you think about it, Soudo having Grass and Violet having Fire fits perfectly in the rotation, so the more accurate question is why did skip one type when going from Sun to Soudo.

Most likely, we are getting a volume-exclusive USUM arc with a new protagonist. There's multiple flags for a new Alola arc in the SM arc, from Lack-two being in Alola (which feels like buildup for a Dex Holder reunion) to Sauboh (Faba) disappearing into Ultra Space at the end (which might connect to him helping Rainbow Rocket like in the games), and even Klara knowing Moon and Platinum, suggesting she may have been in Alola at some point. A new protagonist with the Popplio line between Sun and Soudo would explain the weird type skip between them.

In that case, Shieldmilia completely breaking the pattern would be the biggest question mark in all this.

You know, I actually wonder if this may come back to bite Kusaka at some point. A lot of people are speculating on BW remakes are coming, but with the most recent remakes all having a twist to them, I have a hunch they might do Pokémon Grey instead of adding words to Black and White.

And if Grey happens, Z could happen later, but while we still have a Samurott without a Dex Holder in Unova, the Kalos Starters would all already be taken by then. Best case scenario would be ZW with Zygarde and a new Legendary based on Ratatoskr, so new characters get the unclaimed Bulbasaur and Squirtle from Kalos, but I really think Kusaka should just stop his obsession with the Dex Holders all having game names.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.