• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marina in DP...

harryheart

Marina and Jasmine in DP...

http://i40.*******.com/e7gora.jpg
jasmine.jpg

Hi All​

Recently I've been seeing a lot of people saying Marina has appeared in DP and so I went back and watched the episodes and did see her - it was a welcome sight and got me thinking:​

Also with Jasmine being in the games did that foreshadow the Jhoto revamp and perhaps revisiting it for a season and having quite a few Jhoto peeps and Pokemon appear! Was it the games example of Marina for the Animé using something that could help foreshadow:​

If they did appear in a bigger cameo what will be their overall role and what if anything does it suggest. Was it foreshadowing for HG and SS?​

Discuss away​

Last edited:

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Marina only appeared on magazine covers, and made a small cameo doing an appeal while the group was watching T.V.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
In episode 478 in a poster and cameo in 509 with Feraligatr and Jigglipuff.

harryheart

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Marina is a champion coordinator, so I can see her being something like Wallace.

Perhaps a "Marina cup" will happen in the future?

I can see her competing in the Sinnoh Grand Festival against Dawn.

Female, Blue-haired Coordinator, game heroine Vs. Female, Blue-haired Coordinator, game heroine

Call me crazy, but these two are very similar imo.0_o

DANdotW

Previously Iota
It wouldn't be that good at all. We've already seen May this saga, and in all honesty, it would not only be boring, but unrealistic for her to come all the way to Sinnoh again just to take part in a championship.

If these champion coordinator tournies are so popular, then I'm sure they have Top Coordinator's in Johto for her to annoy.

Iota

kemal07

Hang on a minute. im kinda confused coz i noticed something.
If ash and co do got to johto for the frontier and Dawn wants to compete in the johto contests would May and Dawn be in the johto grand festival? by the time Dawn and ash co get there wouldnt it be over i mean?

Candy-Musalina

GAME snOVER.
I think May will compete (or has already competed) in a johto grand festival beforme Dawn & co reaches Johto. Maybe Flora will go in Sinnoh or another region like Rhode after the johto GF... so yeah it's quite certain that May and Dawn won't compete in the same johto GF ^^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
May will be done with the Johto GF IF Ash/Dawn travel there next, but I am working on the theory that May and Dawn will have one more contest battle before the end of this generation.

I get the feeling this might be the last gen with contests since the 5th gen girl will do something new, so it would make sense to see one last contest tournament with all the shows coordinators as one last hurrah.

3 coordinator girls in a row would be silly and pointless, so I'm pretty certain the next new girl after Dawn won't be doing them.

Alloute

Not Banned
I hope she appears again, as Ash's new travelling buddy.

She could've been great in the original Johto, but we got Misty instead...

mellow

I hope she appears again, as Ash's new travelling buddy.

She could've been great in the original Johto, but we got Misty instead...

I agree but she's much moe experienced than Ash since she started her journey one year earlier. But I agree she may be the next female protagonist. ^^

Magician_Ruwla

May will be done with the Johto GF IF Ash/Dawn travel there next, but I am working on the theory that May and Dawn will have one more contest battle before the end of this generation.

I get the feeling this might be the last gen with contests since the 5th gen girl will do something new, so it would make sense to see one last contest tournament with all the shows coordinators as one last hurrah.

3 coordinator girls in a row would be silly and pointless, so I'm pretty certain the next new girl after Dawn won't be doing them.

That would be great but.. What will the 5th gen girl do without Contests? Gym battles are not going to happen because Ash already has that role..

Or, like stated earlier, Misty returns.. Her sisters are FINALLY back from their trip, they take over the gym again and Misty goes back to Ash..

So instead of a 5th gen girl.. Maybe a 5th gen boy? (Brock stays home ofcourse)

Torpoleon

I do see a resemblance between May and Marina. It is...odd. I hope she competes in the Sinnoh Grand Festival because there has been a lot of Johto hoo-ha going lately. Although she was in a contest, it might not have been in Sinnoh. Ya' know?

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
No matter how much confirmation we get, people still think Mist will come back?!
If they kill her off, you guys will probably say she'll join Ash as a ghost!
But anyway, we're off topic.
Yeah, so Marina is basically a Top Coordinator that everyone in Sinnoh adores.

PokéKT

Dusk Moon
Marina didn't appear as a companion because female choices for the player didn't appear until Crystal, and that was released around half-way through the Johto Anime. I think she'll probably appear battling May in the Johto Grand Festival or a rival to Dawn if they go to Johto. :)

kemal07

I bet if Dawn does stay for the next gen her next gen pokemon will follow the pattern of ashs e.g
(non evolving pokemon-ashs cyndaquil)
(shiny pokemon-ashs noctowl)
(a pokemon in love with her-chiko)
(happydance pokemon-toto)