• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario and Luigi:Partners in Time

Calm PokeMaster

This is for guys who have played the Mario and Luigi RPG(see title).Discuss bosses,how you beat the game etc...

SHROOBS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED!

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it was the first game i buyed for the DS. i loved it.

the only thing that i noticed was that the final boss schroob (the fat one) had a extremely much HP. the first time i attacked it ended badly due to the fact that after 40 minutes i ran out of items so i went to do some training in the castle itself (it's a god spot to train btw), later on i had to land multiple 999 damage hits with the cannon to kill it.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
If this is your first game in the Mario RPG series, you'll think this was a pretty good game. However, if you've played Superstar Saga, you'd think this game was really pathetic. This game had a much shorter plot, took away a lot of really fun puzzles, added the annoying babies and replaced Bros. Moves with Bros. Items.

Also, if you think Elder Princess Shroob was hard, try battling Cackletta's spirit at the end of SS.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Blah, I played SS first and thought PIT was pretty decent. Not as good, but good enough for me to replay it a couple times.
Also, if you think Elder Princess Shroob was hard, try battling Cackletta's spirit at the end of SS.
I might dispute this, as I didn't die against either, but I wouldn't put one above the other in terms of difficulty. Cackletta was a pretty short fight, but the problem was that her attacks dealt a lot of damage. Elder Princess Shroob, on the other hand, was more of an endurance fight because of how long she lasted, even if she couldn't kill you quickly. Long story short, neither should be too much of a problem if you're at a decent lvel.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Cackletta was a pretty short fight.

It was? I mean, Elder Princess Shroob was definitely longer, but with all of the attacks Cackletta fired at you, plus having to destroy all her body parts and everything, I wouldn't really consider that a "short" fight.

Firemonkey1

Fire Champion
The boring sequel of Superstar Saga?
... Failed to captivate.

It's not really a sequel, but still.
Technically, it is, since Fawful made an appearance in the game. I hated the fact that the Colbat Star actually revived the more powerful princess, who is a queen compared to her sister. I only died about once, though. I am still attempting to complete Superstar Saga. The "final boss", Shrowser, was very disappointing. I prefer Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Last edited:
It was? I mean, Elder Princess Shroob was definitely longer, but with all of the attacks Cackletta fired at you, plus having to destroy all her body parts and everything, I wouldn't really consider that a "short" fight.

Cackletta was easy. One arm was weak to fire, while the other was to thunder. Her attacks were easy to dodge, she had little HP. Once you expose her heart all you have to do is shrink Mario into a little ball and use advance to attack it over and over again, and you could defeat her in one round

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Cackletta was easy. One arm was weak to fire, while the other was to thunder. Her attacks were easy to dodge, she had little HP. Once you expose her heart all you have to do is shrink Mario into a little ball and use advance to attack it over and over again, and you could defeat her in one round

Hm, I actually never thought of that strategy... but it might just be, but I found Cackletta pretty tolerable, but Elder Princess Shroob even easier! I mean, I found her attacks incredibly easy to dodge!

Hm, I actually never thought of that strategy... but it might just be, but I found Cackletta pretty tolerable, but Elder Princess Shroob even easier! I mean, I found her attacks incredibly easy to dodge!

I found her quite difficult
edit: BTW, congrads s. suikun on becoming a mod

XYTWO

Not funny, guys

From what I've seen of the BIS final boss, it looks hard. Really, really hard. I mean, you have to beat up an enemy just to get the final boss out of hiding!

Dark Fawful in his creepy form has to be killed off in sequence so you can get to the core. But to get Dark Fawful to the Bros, you have to beat up Shadow Bowser using Bowser. My most shudderworthy attack is Shadow Bowser's enemy ball. Flinging a ball of enemies at you that you have to punch or dodge? Hardness of hard!

CAH

Calm And Hyper
As long as you know how to use the items well, the last boss isn't too hard, make sure you have enough, or that badge that lets you use unlimited items.

If this is your first game in the Mario RPG series, you'll think this was a pretty good game. However, if you've played Superstar Saga, you'd think this game was really pathetic. This game had a much shorter plot, took away a lot of really fun puzzles, added the annoying babies and replaced Bros. Moves with Bros. Items.

I think pathetic is a bit of an exaggeration, I played SS first, and while I think it is better in many ways, I think the sequel is still a really enjoyable game. I think it just depends on whether fans of the original object to the changes in gameplay. It wasn't as good as the original, but I personally enjoyed some of the new features, and bros. items were enjoyable in my opinion

I agree however, I smashed the elder princess shroob (bros items can make it too easy), but i think Cackletta is much more of a challenge, especially the first ever time you fight her.

latios reborn

I never got to play the first one so I can't compare but I did find PiT to be alright

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I actually found if there was nothing to compare this game to, it really was quite a good game (kind of like Harry Potter 6 if you hadn't read the book). However, the reason that I (and a lot others) didn't really like it is because we've played SS, which was about 10x better. But as a whole, I enjoyed that game, and I've played it about 5 times.

I don't like it. It was too short, that's my main issue. Also, the babies were annoying to handle.

My main reason for disliking it, has to do with the comparison to SS, but also it is really short. If BiS was a sequel to PiT, and there was no SS, I wouldn't buy it

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
That is true. It's really easy to beat PiT in about a day, while taking a lot of breaks. I liked SS because there were kind of like two parts to the story (Cackletta + Bowletta). PiT was one not-so long slur of defeating Shroobs and collecting Cobalt star shards.

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
I remember two things about playing Partners. One, it was a pretty addictive game with lots of humorous dialogue, and unique playing features, and two, the final boss took me literally like half a day to beat. And that's in one go. No retrys.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Yes, one thing I did love about its game was its extensive amount of humour. I mean, there was never a scene where I wasn't laughing at something. Again though, I found the boss pretty easy, and defeated her fairly quickly.

Murcielago

cupid is a baT
I have restarted, and now have to defeat Yoob. (That worm thing very easy. How hard could Yoob be?)

It's easier than SS so far (SS is so difficult in my opinion. >< I still have to defeat Popple in some wine factory. Annoying little...yet again I haven't played SS in years so...) but it's annoying to keep switching from the babies to the adults.