• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario and Sonic in 2009

XYTWO

Not funny, guys
Shouldn't it release in 2010? I mean seriously, you lose all illusion (in other words, you lose almost nothing) that you're actually putting X character into Y year's Olympic Games if there are none that year.

Shouldn't it release in 2010? I mean seriously, you lose all illusion (in other words, you lose almost nothing) that you're actually putting X character into Y year's Olympic Games if there are none that year.

Why not start selling a game during November of the year before the Olympics? The fact that it's the best time of year for video game sales clearly has little to do with that, I know.

XYTWO

Not funny, guys
Why not start selling a game during November of the year before the Olympics? The fact that it's the best time of year for video game sales clearly has little to do with that, I know.

I get it, but still. Having the 2010 Olympics game in 2009 is really a damper on the reality. And it's the WINTER games!

I get it, but still. Having the 2010 Olympics game in 2009 is really a damper on the reality. And it's the WINTER games!

In comparison, the original Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games game came out on Wii in November of 2007. This was also in the year before the actual games was.

Also, I hope that these games become something of a series, and that they at least attempt to become progressively better as the Olympic years go on.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Hmmm... the site didn't mention Amy or Vector.

I see Amy's chances are high. Vector, on the other hand, doesn't have as high of chances, but he could come back.

As for other Sonic characters, I can see Silver joining the cast. I can also picture Jet trying to beat Sonic at snowboarding.

As for Mario characters, Donkey Kong will probably join the Olympics, him being famous and all.

XYTWO

Not funny, guys
You obviously don't know that the Summer Olympics came out in November as well. >.>

In comparison, the original Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games game came out on Wii in November of 2007. This was also in the year before the actual games was.

Okay, I was stupid there. *facepalms about self*

Kojinka

An Inside Joke
WTD?! Where is the platformer where Bowser and Robotnik team up to conquer the world, and Mario and Sonic assist each other with their special skills to save the day?!

But seriously, they better improve the controls for this one. I am not interested in minigame collections. I didn't get the first one, and I probably won't get this one, unless I hear really good things about it.

BCVM22

WTD?! Where is the platformer where Bowser and Robotnik team up to conquer the world, and Mario and Sonic assist each other with their special skills to save the day?!

It exists only in your mind.

But seriously, they better improve the controls for this one. I am not interested in minigame collections.

"They better." Right. The fact of the matter is that for all its deficiencies, the first one sold very, very well and while we can hope that Sega and Miyamoto make an effort to produce a better product regardless, it's 50/50 at best as to whether that will actually be the case.

"They better." Right. The fact of the matter is that for all its deficiencies, the first one sold very, very well and while we can hope that Sega and Miyamoto make an effort to produce a better product regardless, it's 50/50 at best as to whether that will actually be the case.

Well if any merit is earned in stating this, the Balance Board comes into play this time. You can take that either way you'd like.

BCVM22

Well if any merit is earned in stating this, the Balance Board comes into play this time. You can take that either way you'd like.

It more or less guarantees Balance Board support for snowboarding, I wager. Maybe we can hope for some sort of third-person remade 3D Ice Cap Zone.

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
The pad for Track n' Field for the NES? Similar to that? Dear god, what an awful idea. Especially for the Winter Games, more likely used for snowboarding.

Though do hope they do improve on the gameplay, beyond just a minigame collection, add some gameplay depth, like Wii Sports has.

woot21 out dawgs

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Hmm...Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. (Longest title I've seen.)

I was just thinking 2010 would be better, but since the 1st game came out before the real olympics began, this would make a little more sense.

All I want are just newer characters added, cooler events, and less stress. And I'll be happy with this game. :)

Last edited:

firelovindocker

anyway can we suspect this mario V sonic olympic games thing to become an ongoing thing?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Maybe, then it'll kind of be like the next generation of Mario Party. But adding in Sega characters and what not. I'd probably see a total of 3 games in all.

Dattebayo

Banned
Just because Mario and Sonic aren't going to be in an adventure game together doesn't this game's going to be bad. Maybe this time SEGA can get it right and fix the controls from the last game. I just hope that the Wii Balance Board is optional in certain game events that uses it because I don't have one.

CloverTheKirlia

Confidence Is Power
I wondered if they wouldve made this, and what do ya know, it is gonna be! Anyways, if i remember, figure skating is a sport in the Olymipics. I'd LMAO if i saw Eggman or Bowser figure skate. And probably have my laughs with everyone else. That is, if it will be in this game.