• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario and Sonic join forces...in the olympics.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Lol, don't get your hopes up...

But, promoting Olympic Sports with overweight plumbers and Hedgehogs seems way cooler then that Izzy the Olympic Bug ( I have his SNES game) or those weird dudes who were the Winter Mascots...

Wes

Iblis Wings

I'm not sure how to respond to this. It's either one heck of a prank pulled by Nintendo and Sega or... it can be an actual game that stars Mario and Sonic in the Olympics. And it's coming out for Wii and DS.... oh boy.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
If this game is real, I would really like to play it. But for a game to be coming out that's about the olympics, which I've never seen before, you'd think that they would reveal something about the gameplay. They also haven't announced this on Nintendo's main site.

Declaring a game that may or may not be real "a failure" based on a logo and two pieces of rendered character art won't make you any cooler nor will it get members of the opposite sex to like you.

Yes, because a forum post decides everything in life. -_-

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
Dude... they release an Olympic's game, life ever 2 years.

But... uh, I seriously yelled at my TV yesterday when I heard about this... It's just going to suck so badly.

I mean... just think about it people. Mario. Sonic. The Olympics? Of all the games to make, you put them in the friggin' Olympics?

mrhiyuck

curious
It's on Yahoo now... it's too big to be a joke.

Come on, it can't be that bad. Think of every Mario sports game and put in sonic. FUN! Items like mushrooms, rings, Chaos emeralds, stars... :D

Chris

Old Coot
Think of every game Sonic's been in that didn't focus on his main goal of running to the end of a stage at high speeds.

Apparently many of you never tried Sonic Shuffle for Dreamcast or the mini-games of Secret Rings. :\

Xtra

You will be missed:(
There's Sonic Spinball, which actually was okay. There was also Sonic 3D Blast, which stinks.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have a strange feeling that this will be announced fake and that they will make it up by confirming Sonic in Brawl, which I would be more excited for.

One thing for sure though, for it to be on the official sites, Nintendo and Sega are collaborating at this moment. This time, they're putting their major mascots into the mix.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Sonic Shuffle I found too be pretty fun actually, including the mini-games and card battle system...

Unfortunately, the AI was cheap as hell which meant I couldn't get any secret characters...just headaches.

fhqwhgads

Are you high or stupid? I think I can have my own opinion, so I can say anything I want. Just because someone has a different way of thinking doesn't mean you have to try and make everyone think your way. Get a life. Trying to be smart when you're not is worse than having an opinion. I bet I could see the Bob Ross Paint game, which was cancelled, just the cover, and come to a conclusion that it sucks pretty bad. And what do you know? I only knew the name and was right.

Emblematic

Lurking...
Hmmm a quote in the IGN article says "It's not going to be a minigame fest" but that could mean 2 things: It will have a story line (maybe Team Sonic VS. Team Mario:) Or...
It will be a mini game fest(does anybody remember Rayman Raving Rabbids?)

and by the way thats not the exact quote from IGN but I'm telling the truth

5th paragraph, 23rd word.

But along with Sonic? I think not! =P

But this just sounds awesome. Sonic and Mario together tgether in a game that isn't piled with a bunch of other random characters. (Plus I hate SSB) This also means we could have fire flower Sonic and Mario with the Chaos Emeralds. It's also good that we've had Tails and Knuckles names mentioned before anything about Shadow, because he'd do nicely as unlockable here.

And don't you just love the middle-ground art style they've come up with? It's beautiful, and Sonic looks somewhat more like his past self.

BCVM22

But along with Sonic? I think not! =P

But this just sounds awesome. Sonic and Mario together tgether in a game that isn't piled with a bunch of other random characters. (Plus I hate SSB) This also means we could have fire flower Sonic and Mario with the Chaos Emeralds. It's also good that we've had Tails and Knuckles names mentioned before anything about Shadow, because he'd do nicely as unlockable here.

And don't you just love the middle-ground art style they've come up with? It's beautiful, and Sonic looks somewhat more like his past self.

Middle ground art style? It looks like they took stock CG renders of Mario and Sonic, posed them as if they were jumping over hurdles and put them on an appropriate background.There's no change in "art style" from, say, the last game boxes each character was on.

There's definetly a middle ground taken there and it's especially noticeable in Sonic. He looks much "softer" than he normally does in his art and I can't place my finger on what's different about Mario.

BCVM22

mario-and-sonic-together-at-last-20070328021656883-000.jpg

Here's the only piece of art we have so far from this game.

Mario2small.jpg

Here's a contemporary piece of CG Mario art. There's an extra seam or two on Mario's overalls in the Olympic art, but that's about it.

Sonics.PNG

Here (on the right, of course) is a contemporary piece of CG Sonic art. Sonic's ears seem a touch shorter in the Olympic art and his center spine seems either larger or higher, but I think that's more due to the fact he's facing the "camera" and jumping over a hurdle in the Olympic art, as opposed to simply standing and pointing in the above art.

Really not seeing much difference. But you see what you see, I guess.