• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario Kart 8 Tournament Thread!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No voice chat with strangers is to help prevent harassment and the like. You know Nintendo.

Looks like the time will work, which is good. So everyone make sure to use that first week to practice up.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I just checked, and 2 PM GMT - 6 hours (I confirmed this time zone for me) should be like....what, 8 AM? I believe I should be awake by then.
Now that I have finalized my arrangements to pick up the game this Friday, I shall do what Hydrohs said, and use that week to practice.

Last edited:

FusionKT

*cough*
Yeah, this new time will work way better for me. 10 pm is nowhere near as bad as 4 am.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Yeah, this new time will work way better for me. 10 pm is nowhere near as bad as 4 am.

So I think we are settled on 2 PM GMT? I think it suits most people better, so yeah. I think we have sussed this out now!!

Last edited:

Torpoleon

So I think we are settled on 4 PM GMT? I think it suits most people better, so yeah. I think we have sussed this out now!!
I thought it was 2 pm gmt.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I just checked, and 2 PM GMT - 6 hours (I confirmed this time zone for me) should be like....what, 8 AM? I believe I should be awake by then.
Now that I have finalized my arrangements to pick up the game this Friday, I shall do what Hydrohs said, and use that week to practice.
If your in CST time zone it's actually daylight savings time making it -5 meaning the actual time will be 9 am. This is why trying to figure out what time it is in other time zones make my head spin @.@

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
If your in CST time zone it's actually daylight savings time making it -5 meaning the actual time will be 9 am. This is why trying to figure out what time it is in other time zones make my head spin @.@

Thank you very much for this information.
9 AM works much better for me.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists

I don't get why we change our GMT over DST. I mean, I said I'm GMT -5 because I'm in EST, which is apparently "GMT-4" during DST. So obnoxious having to switch back and forth -_-

But yeah, this means it'll be 10 for me, which is fine. I'm picking the game up (and getting a book in the mail) on Friday, so that'll give me a week to read my book practice and familiarize myself with the courses. I should also make sure I've unlocked my buddy Roy by then.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't get why we change our GMT over DST. I mean, I said I'm GMT -5 because I'm in EST, which is apparently "GMT-4" during DST. So obnoxious having to switch back and forth -_-

But yeah, this means it'll be 10 for me, which is fine. I'm picking the game up (and getting a book in the mail) on Friday, so that'll give me a week to read my book practice and familiarize myself with the courses. I should also make sure I've unlocked my buddy Roy by then.

Yeah, I always forget about DST as well. If it helps anyone, as long as you have your forum time set correctly it will show you your correct GMT offset at the bottom of every page along with your current time.

EDIT: OP updated with Tournament code. I had to make it weekly since there was no bi-weekly option.

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Get ready guys! It is less than 1 week away! Use this extra time for practise and unlocking some vehicle customisation parts and find the combination that best suits your playstyle!!

GildedScizor

The drinking bird

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm thinking of making a tournament that runs all day every day as well that we can use for casual races, that something people would be interested in?

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I may be very late for this. I just got the game yesterday so I still need to get used to all the tracks. I think I am going to miss out on this one sadly.

Torpoleon

I'm thinking of making a tournament that runs all day every day as well that we can use for casual races, that something people would be interested in?
That sounds like a good idea!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I may be very late for this. I just got the game yesterday so I still need to get used to all the tracks. I think I am going to miss out on this one sadly.

I only got it yesterday too, but I am still participating. The others only have a 1 day advantage, so they will hardly have much more experience than you. Also, can people start sending FR to others on the Wii U so then we are all contacted, say if Hydrohs can't make it for some reason.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I only got it yesterday too, but I am still participating. The others only have a 1 day advantage, so they will hardly have much more experience than you. Also, can people start sending FR to others on the Wii U so then we are all contacted, say if Hydrohs can't make it for some reason.

The tournaments work without me, I don't need to be there. It's just a constant thing now that I've created it.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Just flicking through the tournament setup stuff, do we have all of this set up yet? Things like the name, the icon, the settings, the passcode, etc.?